Just bought a Sprint BB 7250 as a temp phone after iPhone died. It's running OS 4.1.0.273. Is it possible on this phone/OS to separate SMS from email messages? Currently the messages folder combines SMS and email.

I've done some Google searching and saw the recommend to (from within the Messages folder) select Options --> General Options --> SMS and Email Inboxes, and then select "Separate". (Here's a link to one such article: How to separate and combine message folders on your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com)

However I don't have an "SMS and Email Inboxes" menu item showing up in my General Options folder. Anyone know if there's another way to get the txt messages to show up in a different folder? Or was that only added to later versions of Blackberry OS?

Thanks in advance for any help/insight!
    09-13-13 01:27 AM
    Oh the nostalgia... That was the first BB I ever tried, while we were still on iDen phones.

First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Do you have a separate icon on the icon screen for SMS/MMS or something similar? You should typically have a Messages app icon (combined mailbox) plus another icon for SMS and icons for each email address.
    If so you can at least access them separately from there. The should be helpful considering this OS is old enough that it doesn't even have threaded text chats.
    09-13-13 01:09 PM