Hi I have a BlackBerry 7290 with the 507 error, its dreadful cause im a phone collector and this 7290 was expensive, The application loader gets to the update point then says something about the blackberry, from my understanding it wont keep the connection, it terminates after the "Connecting to boot ROM" step, then the phone restarts itself and im back to the 507 error, ive tried bbsak and it says that i have no software installed for the blackberry on my laptop, (even though i did) its very irritating cause it was like 50 bucks, i had it so i could make a lot of money for it one day, but i need help, BADLY, thanks
    08-06-22 03:57 PM
    I found this on Google https://support.blackberry.com/kb/ar...mber=000002792

Others more capable might have better advice
    08-06-22 08:20 PM
    Hi I have a BlackBerry 7290 with the 507 error, its dreadful cause im a phone collector and this 7290 was expensive, The application loader gets to the update point then says something about the blackberry, from my understanding it wont keep the connection, it terminates after the "Connecting to boot ROM" step, then the phone restarts itself and im back to the 507 error, ive tried bbsak and it says that i have no software installed for the blackberry on my laptop, (even though i did) its very irritating cause it was like 50 bucks, i had it so i could make a lot of money for it one day, but i need help, BADLY, thanks
    If connection keeps going out, I'd plug it into a different USB port or even a different PC. If your a collector and you have another cable that works with the 7290... might try that as well.

I really wonder what the "collector" market will be for these... If you paid $50 and that was expensive, I do wonder what "a lot of money" is in your mind? If your a collector because you like seeing these... that's great. If your a collector in hopes of making it big on these one day.... ?
    08-08-22 03:21 PM
    I did end up figuring out the problem, I used 6.0 of blackberry desktop software, and @Dunt Dunt Dunt I like to have them and I hope to keep them working and in good condition, I forgot to mark this message solved, but I reset the blackberry because it would stop charging so I will just buy a new blackberry off eBay or something for it
    08-08-22 03:30 PM
    This is actually the beautiful phone
    Attached Thumbnails app loader will not work to reset blackberry with 507 error please help-image.jpg  
    08-08-22 03:34 PM
    If connection keeps going out, I'd plug it into a different USB port or even a different PC. If your a collector and you have another cable that works with the 7290... might try that as well.

I really wonder what the "collector" market will be for these... If you paid $50 and that was expensive, I do wonder what "a lot of money" is in your mind? If your a collector because you like seeing these... that's great. If your a collector in hopes of making it big on these one day.... ?
    What I mean by expensive is that I’m a teenager and don’t get paid a lot for doing chores, and also the price of the 50 bucks for a phone is a little overkill so that’s what I mean
    08-10-22 04:36 PM
    What I mean by expensive is that I’m a teenager and don’t get paid a lot for doing chores, and also the price of the 50 bucks for a phone is a little overkill so that’s what I mean
    Easy then. Don't waste your money on a museum piece that won't work anyway.
    08-11-22 12:31 PM
    This is actually the beautiful phone
    Unfortunately, these are practically worthless since they can't really function anymore but you've now discovered this.
    08-11-22 12:43 PM
    Again if you enjoy them in some way, and can "afford" them... go for it.

But the idea that these are collectable and will be worth a lot of money one day... be better off investing in beany babies. As a collectable, New in Box with all accessories is the only way it will be worth something.... and even then there would be no guarantee.
    08-11-22 01:25 PM