Jumping into this blind so...here goes!

I bought a 7520 online, no SIM card, no documentation, no software for desktop PC. Crossed over the SIM from my i850 phone. The phone function works, but I am still having a few issues.

I have the basic sprint/nextel data plan and read somewhere that I can use it on the crackberry also. How do I set this up?

I also can't get my address book from my old SIM card, I tried to have my contacts transferred to a crackberry SIM card, but they don't show up.

Suggestions are welcomed!
    01-15-08 08:56 AM
    hey man I did the exact same thing and I can't load my phone numbers in either, I had to create groups on myspace and facebook to get all the number back. I believe it may format the sim card to work and erase everything or something like that? When I first put the card in it took almost 5 mins to turn on the initial time and all my numbers were gone. I am however also trying to get the i-net browsing off a normal data plan becuase nextel is a total rip off when it comes to that. Sprint has a nice dirt cheap plan but I've found you cannot use it on the nextel phone after being transfered around and put on hold for 30mins. If anyone knows how to get around this please let me know, I believe I heard miniopera works somehow to get the i-net working off a basic data plan.... please someone help us!!!
    02-22-08 09:55 PM
    Are you both still having issues with this?? From my 7520 if so email me at kpatpandscs.com

I have run into similar issues, and yes I just have the basic plan from nextel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-08 06:04 PM
    well what's your e-mail address lol you didn't give one...
    02-25-08 06:43 PM
    Jumping into this blind so...here goes!

I bought a 7520 online, no SIM card, no documentation, no software for desktop PC. Crossed over the SIM from my i850 phone. The phone function works, but I am still having a few issues.

I have the basic sprint/nextel data plan and read somewhere that I can use it on the crackberry also. How do I set this up?

I also can't get my address book from my old SIM card, I tried to have my contacts transferred to a crackberry SIM card, but they don't show up.

Suggestions are welcomed!
    If you just switch the sim card, the data is not going to work. The phone part will work fine. You have to have a blackberry specific data plan to use with the blackberry, and furthermore, you can only do that if you call in to nextel BB support ( 866 275 1072 is their direct number) and you have to have the phone swapped on your account. Also, the blackberry specific plans will run you about $39.99 a month. There is no way around this, thats what you have to do. There are work arounds posted online, but those dont work. Its impossible for it to work without the blackberry data plan. Why? Because the data has to go through Sprint AND RIM, since RIM handles all the blackberries data use. Again, everything is branded sprint or nextel, but its all rim. I have worked with sprint and nextel blackberries for over a year, so I'm not just makin this stuff up! Lol
    03-09-08 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD