Anyone know of an EASY way to back up my contacts onto the SIM card? (I know how to enter them one by one) Can I take them in using Outlook or a third party software?
    05-09-09 03:06 PM
    Nope. One at a time onto the sim card. Yet you can transfer all from the sim card to the device in one step...I can only assume it to be a security issue.
    05-09-09 08:18 PM
    Okay, so I decided to try to move them one by one, but now I get an error message "not enough room in SIM." I have about 14 contacts in my SIM, and that does not seem to be very many!
    05-10-09 02:00 PM
    Yea you should be able to put more than that on there. Try removing the sim card then installing it again. See if that gets you anything.
    05-10-09 02:11 PM
    That did not work. Do you think if I went to the AT&T store they would be able to take my contacts off and put them into a new phone? Also the SIM is quite old, it still says Cingular on it. It was originally in a Motorola phone I used to have and it got wiped clean of data by accident.
    05-10-09 02:23 PM
    Yes, if you go to the store they will be able to transfer your data for you. They might charge 15 dollars or so, I do not know. The sim card being an older one may be the issue. I would ask for a new sim and have them transfer your data. They are usually pretty good about doing things like that. Good luck. By the way, welcome to CB.
    05-10-09 02:37 PM
    Thanks. I am just debating with myself whether to fix the issues with the 7290 (such as the browser does not work) or upgrade to a new BB. I guess I will find an AT&T store and see what they offer me
    05-10-09 02:42 PM
    What do you mean browser doesnt work? Do you not have a browser icon or is it not installed on the device?
    05-10-09 03:29 PM
    Above rlp32 wrote "you can transfer all from the sim card to the device in one step".

Can someone please describe that one easy step please?
    05-29-09 09:50 AM
    Go to address book. Hit the trackwheel and select sim phone book. Then hit trackwheel again and select copy all to address book.
    05-30-09 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD