I have a 7290 blackberry and a pay as you go data plan.

Is there any way I can install the browser onto my black berry?

I have heard many theories about using Opera and WAP, but I was wondering how to do this.
    01-05-09 05:01 PM
    To physically connect your BlackBerry to a PC, you will need a mini-USB to standard-USB cable.

To install Opera you will need to download Opera Mini from Opera.com and Desktop Manager from Blackberry.com

You might also get an OS upgrade from Blackberry.com

Who is the pay as you go with? The cheapest in the UK that I know of is ASDA and they charge 0.02p/Kb
    01-06-09 11:19 AM
    The problem you may have is that I know of no one who has been able to get Opera Mini working on a pay and go sim, well certainly not on o2! It seems to work best on a pay monthly sim card for some odd reason.

Please try the steps above and enter the network's APN details at options > advanced options > TCP.

Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 11:35 AM
    Hello Hazysky. I'm flop and Opera Mini worked for me on Orange PAYG. However, it then launched the RIM browser to download a file.

Opera Mini works by pre-parsing pages on Opera servers, and it seems they only allow pages. My guess is there's no route for other types of data and that is its achilles heel, imho

It's nice to meet you and now you know someone who has it working

I haven't actually tried it with ASDA though.
    01-06-09 02:55 PM
    Nice to meet you too flop

I myself once tried to get Opera to work on an o2 pay and go sim on my old Pearl with no luck. It was some time ago mind!

I'm pleased to hear that you have it working as it is a solution for those who do not want to have a blackberry tariff for whatever reason.
    01-06-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD