hi guys, my mom gave me her 7290 and im quite excited. I have 2 questions and will probably have alot more by playing with it all day. First, there is an option that says "Turn Wireless On", now does that mean it has wifi? And my second question, is there an option to restore all the default settings back to the phone?
    04-28-08 03:58 PM
    To turn wifi on simply turns on the services.

You could do a handheld wipe which would restore the BB to factory settings. This will erase any personal data on the device.

To do this go to options > security options > general settings, hit menu key and select wipe handheld.

Welcome to CB!
    04-28-08 04:09 PM
    Welcome to CB. Turn Wireless On refers to the mobile network, voice, data, email. It does not have have wifi. I'm not 100% certain if this will work on your model, but on mine, if you go to Options > Security > General Settings, press the menu and choose Wipe Handheld.
    04-28-08 04:10 PM
    cool thanks guys
    04-28-08 04:19 PM
    ok i put my SIM card in the phone, i can make calls, but at the top of the screen it says data connection refused.. anyone know what this means?
    04-28-08 04:37 PM
    It means you do not have Blackberry data plan for email and stuff, but still it makes a great phone with simple PDA function.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-08 06:57 PM
    i have 100% certain that 7230 havnt wifi.... Turn Wireless On means turning on the gprs connection.but i think if bb could not get the pushmail,it have nothing good.....
    06-01-08 04:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD