How can I transfer new images, software, games ,etc to my phone from my computer without having a dataplan.

- Desktop manager seems to not have this option... Can I get a newer version to fix this?
    - Roxio media manager doesnt support this phone.
    - Datapilot says it doesn't support this phone.. Is that true?
    - Is there a way with bluetooth or something?

Im lost. Can't find anything anywhere about this.
    11-01-08 12:53 PM
    Your phone needs at least 4.1 OS for most games and software. To trasnfer software and games use desktop manager then application loader. Images I just emailed to myself.
    11-01-08 01:38 PM
    Your phone needs at least 4.1 OS for most games and software. To trasnfer software and games use desktop manager then application loader. Images I just emailed to myself.
    I can't email to myself because I don't use the data plan.

I did upgrade to OS 4.1

My desktop manager doesn't have features for images and stuff.
    11-01-08 02:06 PM
    oops, thats right you dont have a data plan. Your desktop manager should have an apps loader. Gimmie a minute and try something on my old berry an ill get back to you
    11-01-08 02:21 PM
    oops, thats right you dont have a data plan. Your desktop manager should have an apps loader. Gimmie a minute and try something on my old berry an ill get back to you
    It let me load BBLight but it wont let me load Java games and stuff.
    11-01-08 02:27 PM
    ok the files you load should be .alx or .cod files. jar and jad are for OTA. The java games your getting are they supported for your specific device and OS? As far as the pictures go the only way I see is to get a data plan. One other suggestion is to ebay and get atleast an 8700 series phone. That one will allow you to put media on it. It doesnt have a memory card so you cant put full songs on it and stuff but you can get ringtones and pictures.
    11-01-08 02:35 PM
    ok the files you load should be .alx or .cod files. jar and jad are for OTA. The java games your getting are they supported for your specific device and OS? As far as the pictures go the only way I see is to get a data plan. One other suggestion is to ebay and get atleast an 8700 series phone. That one will allow you to put media on it. It doesnt have a memory card so you cant put full songs on it and stuff but you can get ringtones and pictures.
    Well here is the deal on the new phone idea. I have sprint and I hate them. My contract is up in April so I don't want to make any plan changes or get a new phone when I will be switching companies. I got this old BB for free from a friend.

There HAS to be a way to transfer data with out a data plan. I don't understand how there cannot be a way.

What do you mean Jad and jar files are for OTA? What is OTA?

The games I downloaded say they work for the 7250.
    11-01-08 02:39 PM
    OTA is over-the-air. I see what your reason to not get another phone. When you start desktop manager then go to app loader you should be able to browse your computer to the folder where you saved the games. Then it will only show you what files it needs to install. If you need more help private message me and ill give you my humnber ill help you ever the phone.
    11-01-08 02:47 PM
    OTA is over-the-air. I see what your reason to not get another phone. When you start desktop manager then go to app loader you should be able to browse your computer to the folder where you saved the games. Then it will only show you what files it needs to install. If you need more help private message me and ill give you my humnber ill help you ever the phone.
    Desktop manager seems to only let me do alx or w/e files. Not jar or jad.
    11-01-08 03:14 PM
    Jar and jad: Use your blackberry to go to the webpage and download it using that. Then it will install it right from there.
    alx and cod: down load using your computer and then use app loader.
    Hope that makes more sense.
    11-01-08 03:26 PM
    Jar and jad: Use your blackberry to go to the webpage and download it using that. Then it will install it right from there.
    alx and cod: down load using your computer and then use app loader.
    Hope that makes more sense.
    No data plan.
    11-01-08 03:27 PM
    right. the data plan is the only way your going to download OTA stuff. Moat of the time you can find a link to download for your pc. Is there something specific you want?
    11-01-08 03:33 PM
    right. the data plan is the only way your going to download OTA stuff. Moat of the time you can find a link to download for your pc. Is there something specific you want?
    I just want games and pictures. I downloaded jar/jad games but can't put them on my phone. I have images, I cant put them on my phone.
    11-01-08 03:38 PM
    jar and jad files will only work on your phone if you use your phone to download them. I dont know of any other way to get the images on your phone. Itried using a newer desktop manager with the media and it wouldnt work either. Sorry I cant help you out with that.
    11-01-08 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD