I just bought a BB7250. I still haven't received it, but I'm wondering if it was a good choice. I don't need the camera and stuff which is why I bought this. I thought it was a bit of a newer device but apparently "it's very old" according to one of the CB users. Did I just waste $50?
    09-26-08 07:37 PM
    I just bought a BB7250. I still haven't received it, but I'm wondering if it was a good choice. I don't need the camera and stuff which is why I bought this. I thought it was a bit of a newer device but apparently "it's very old" according to one of the CB users. Did I just waste $50?
    That depends on your use. It's a terrific phone, solid as a rock. It's also rugged. I dropped mine to the pavement many times. The battery cover and battery would go flying, but the phone always rebooted. I never had a moment's trouble with it. The Bluetooth worked better than my 8830's bluetooth.

You can still install apps with Desktop Manager, and many will run on it.

The keyboard is terrific to touch-type on.

So what's not to like? You won't be able to run the latest OS. I never upgraded mine, and don't remember what OS version I was running.

The screen is lower resolution. But on the plus side, you can view it easily in broad daylight and don't have to use the backlight except at night.

I don't think you can play music ringtones. But the ringer volume and vibe levels are much higher than my 8830.

The trackwheel is not as versatile as the trackball.
    09-26-08 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD