Hi all, complete blackberry noob here...I just bought an old 7230 on T-Mobile, just to have a nice, cheap phone with a QWERTY keyboard and calendar function...I don't plan on buying a Blackberry data plan. So far, I love the phone and can definitely see how people get addicted to them.

Anyway...I was just wondering if there's a way to install themes and/or wallpapers, etc. on this device through either Blackberry Desktop or Pocketmac (I have access to both)...or some other way without a data plan. I installed Plazmic and a theme I wanted to try out, and they both show up under Options: Applications, but no theme options (besides Default) appear under Options: Theme.

Any help would be appreciated.
    05-20-09 12:26 PM
    you can instal them through desktop manager

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 05:57 PM
    Thanks Benz...but that's what I did. I have tried installing Plazmic and the theme using Desktop Manager and using Pocketmac.

Both times, the things show up under my "applications" menu, but nothing new shows up under "Theme."

Also--if I try to transfer a picture or something, the Roxio media manager thing thinks there isn't a Blackberry connected...Desktop Manager sees the thing just fine...

Is there some setting that might be wrong on my handheld or on my computer(s) causing both of these issues?

Thanks
    05-21-09 01:49 PM
    are the themes the correct one for your 7230?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 02:49 PM
    is it really a big deal lol
    05-22-09 05:17 AM
    is it really a big deal lol
    if he wants themes on his berry, then im gonna try to help him
    05-22-09 09:59 AM
    thanks Benz, I appreciate it. It's not really a huge deal, it's just one of those things where I just want it to work right. As far as I know, it's the right theme...to be specific, it's the MLB one you can find at a number of sites if you google "7200 themes" or something like that.
    05-22-09 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD