Hi I am a new Blackberry user and have been given a 7230. A couple of areas which I would appreciate some help on
    1) in the instructions it tells me that when I am in a coverage are there is a green led that flashes... mine does not . The RED led works when a message etc arrives. The instructions says it can be turned off/on from the OPTIONS / SCREEN and KeyBOARD dircectory. When I look under SCREEN and Keyboard the command to turn the coverage area LED on/off is not there. All the other commands are but not that one - any ideas. I t would be useful for me as I am hard of hearing and the falshing light is a good indicator.

2) When I down load a program/Application it turns up as a .jag or some other type of file. I have the right software on the PC, latest down load version, but when I try to ADD I am told it is not an .alx or I have a syntex error 1 . Not sure how to get the download onto the Blackberry what am I not doing

These may seem silly question but I am very much a newbie!!!!! Cheers .
    09-04-08 07:35 PM
    I have the same exact problem if anyone is out there listening! My led doesn't work and there is no option for this on my menu...
    09-22-08 06:53 PM
    ok, i have a 7290, so i don't think it's too different...
    so, for the red led light question, you have to go to the profiles icon, and change what profile or edit what profile you have on.

for the green led light, i've never even heard of that, so no help there.

and i haven't dealt with .jag files or anything yet, but you have to convert it to .alx
    no clue how, but i'm sure someone here knows...
    09-29-08 04:48 PM
    hi yeh all i am new to this and need help with my 7230 model as of need upgrade on software for java ? anyone can advise me or help me in this i would be so so so so happy umm no really i will be more pleased as i need wisdom and you have it for me crackberry. thx
    06-16-09 07:52 AM
    i am not a computitec guy with pc, laptops or handheld i know how to turn on or off heeheehee and to email heeheehee. thou as i have an old model blackberry 7230. i am trying people well trying is right. thou succees in gyms and leisure centres as of health and fitness i succeed. simple help me with my 7230? thx
    06-16-09 08:00 AM
    wisdom or knowledge on 7230 model thx all
    06-16-09 08:04 AM
    Your looking for the OS for that device?
    Go here, select your carrier and get it from there. BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    Use desktop manager to install it. Get it here. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    I suggest 4.2 for that device.
    After you have downloaded the OS and installed it on your pc.(double click the icon after download).
    Install the desktop manager.
    Start desktop manager plug in your device via the usb cable.
    Go to applications loader. It should prompt you to upgrade. Follow the prompts until it completes. DO NOT UNPLUG THE DEVICE UNTIL IT SAYS IT WAS SUCCESSFUL. It will take about an hour and seem like its doing nothing for a few minutes. Just leave it till it completes.
    06-16-09 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD