You know google can destroy apple in one day and become the world's largest company. All they have to do is to make sure google apps like gmail and youtube are discontinued on ios of mac. Make sure that google accounts cant be added in the 'mail' in iphones, ipads or mac. Youtube, gmail and google+ and all the other services wont open in any browser that is on the iphone. Basiacally, go out of the way to remove every google service from apple and make sure nothing works.

Just imagine what good is an iphone without gmail or youtube or google+.

Apple will be destroyed.

Posted via my nokia 3310 (the old one)
    03-17-17 02:52 PM
    No.

The Google needs to have their apps on iPhones. Because there are many millions of iPhone users worldwide. They cannot afford to lose that market.
    03-17-17 03:10 PM
    I disagree. They would be more concerned about having their apps on iPhones than the opposite. In my circle of friends, no one uses Google+. At all. And I thik that before anyone were to get rid of their iPhones they would simply use a different email client and access YouTube on Safari.
    03-17-17 04:04 PM
    I mean if google went out of the way to make sure that no matter what apple users do they dont get gmail and youtube. these services are as important to apple users as whatsapp and fb were to us... then people will have to shift to android. All those who are using iphone for work wont be able to use gmail...this will make them shift to android.

03-17-17 10:40 PM
    I mean if google went out of the way to make sure that no matter what apple users do they dont get gmail and youtube. these services are as important to apple users as whatsapp and fb were to us... then people will have to shift to android. All those who are using iphone for work wont be able to use gmail...this will make them shift to android.
    And then every government with antitrust laws would bog them down with lawsuits and regulations for the next two generations. Also, users of Apple products would start boycotting them, which would eat into their business significantly. It would basically be the beginning of the end of Google.
    03-18-17 12:15 AM
    When google does this ****... to microsoft and BlackBerry noone bats an eyelid... but as soon as we talk about apple... people start getting all crazy

03-18-17 11:12 AM
    Its not possible to boycott google mail or youtube...

A replacement for youtube is as hard as bb10 getting an app store as large as apples.

03-18-17 11:13 AM
    This will also discourage peoplw wanting to buy apple stuff...

03-18-17 11:14 AM
    When google does this ****... to microsoft and BlackBerry noone bats an eyelid... but as soon as we talk about apple... people start getting all crazy
    Google hasn't done what you claim to either Blackberry or Microsoft. You can still access Gmail via IMAP on any platform and YouTube using Windows, Windows Phone, and Blackberry through the website.

Additionally, iOS has hundreds of millions of users around the world, and is the most profitable smartphone platform by a staggering margin. Google isn't monumentally stupid enough to execute on an idea this exceedingly awful.
    03-18-17 02:13 PM
    Google hasn't done what you claim to either Blackberry or Microsoft. You can still access Gmail via IMAP on any platform and YouTube using Windows, Windows Phone, and Blackberry through the website.

Additionally, iOS has hundreds of millions of users around the world, and is the most profitable smartphone platform by a staggering margin. Google isn't monumentally stupid enough to execute on an idea this exceedingly awful.
    Is it just me who doesn't see this as a bad idea. People are migrating from bb10 to android because of whatsapp. People will do the same if youtube stops working on ios and also gmail stops.

Sure, google will suffer losses for a few months... but then people will migrate to android to use gmail and youtube because they need it like we need whatsapp

03-22-17 04:39 PM
    Is it just me who doesn't see this as a bad idea.
    Yes, it's just you. What does that tell you?

People are migrating from bb10 to android because of whatsapp. People will do the same if youtube stops working on ios and also gmail stops.
    Blackberry's current installed base is less than 16,000,000 and has been shrinking steadily for the last 3 1/2 years. (Source: Wikipedia) That's including BB10 and holdouts from BBOS. By contrast, Apple's current installed base is over 700,000,000, and growing. (Source: Fortune) If three quarters of a billion people suddenly stopped using Google websites and services, even temporarily, it would cause significant damage to Google's bottom line. And a significant portion of these people would not return to Gmail and YouTube, because some smart and enterprising service provider would step in to service those seven hundred million users.

Google isn't monumentally stupid. They already know this, which is why they haven't done what you're proposing.
    03-22-17 05:16 PM