View Poll Results: Best Customer Service for DATA in UK?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vodafone UK

24 16.00%
  • O2 UK

51 34.00%
  • Orange UK

50 33.33%
  • T- Mobile UK

13 8.67%
  • 3 UK

12 8.00%
06-24-12 04:04 PM
214 ... 789
tools
    Orange are tight as **** with data - monthly, with Dolphin & the BlackBerry plan you'll only get 650mb of data without paying extra, I'd personally say 5 (with the 10 monthly top up for the extra 100mb) is a bit harsh for such a limited amount of data, I use about 1-2TB a month on my home broadband connection, and I'm with O2 - so I'm just going to go ahead and say O2 are probably the best in this field, please do correct me if I'm wrong as their mobile net department is probably different.
    08-05-11 09:39 PM
    Hi All... haven't had a dose of Crackberry for a while... mainly due to work... no rest for the wicked

Wanted to post on here a recent success story I've had with BB... firstly, I also jumped on the PlayBook bandwagon and am loving my newest BB family member. I literally take it everywhere with me and I can't wait to see if there will be a release of a remote desktop connection app for it, then I won't need to take my laptop to meetings although I have to say, if I get myself the necessary accessories I could be hooking up to projectors and what not all the same just means the horrible task of transferring files all the time...

Anyhooo - the success story goes like this... I got myself a Torch when it hit the shelves and transisted from the Bold 9700 quite easily and loved the new OS and touchscreen etc...

Then about 4 months ago I was out and about and the handset was stolen (definitely not lost, taken from my suit jacket (inside pocket) I hasten to add!) So I was really really miffed about that and obviously down in the dumps as I also did not have insurance (first time ever would you believe it!) So I reverted back to the Bold and after a few weeks the touching of the non touch screen became less and less of a mistake! but I could not get away from the fact that someone was walking around my city with my Torch, and i also thought that in this day and age with all the technology there must be a way of getting it back.. I had stupidly thought that Blackberry Protect would do what it does best (lock down and track etc) upon the loss of the phone, this was obviously not the case... Anyway, cutting to the chase I did some investigating using BB Pin messages, BBM, Facebook and Google, and after one conversation with the police I found that even after all my efforts, they probably couldnt help that much... this conversation with them was at 9.30 one morning not that long ago, and I also ended up 'teaching' the very nice police officer on how to bbm and pin someone ha ha, it was very educational for her I'm sure... anyway, it hurt when she left saying she knew I was right but due to the laws etc there was not much to be done.. at 2.30 that afternoon she returned, brandishing MY Torch, needless tp say I've only ever been as happy twice before, both times were when my children were born - she said she had spoken to her Commanding Officer and the CO had said after all the investigating I had done they should at least approach the person that had the phone, that person did the right thing and handed the phone back, apparently a couple of hundred pounds out of pocket which is never a nice thing for anyone, but the phone was returned to me in just as good condition as when I had last laid eyes on it

There are more details that I haven't divulged to keep the story from boring people and also to make sure that if any dishonest people ever read my post and have stolen a handset/bought a stolen one, they might just use it to avoid being found!!! and on the same note, if anyone could do with some tips etc I dont mind helping but I will only do this for members who have more than 1 years service or 150+ posts for obvious reasons

Good suucess story in my opinion!

Hope you're all well by the way...

T2F
    All's well that ends well, glad all your hard work paid off in the end so glad you got it back and so surprised no one else has commented..
    09-10-11 04:14 AM
    Giffgaff is probably going to take over, in the UK, over the coming months.
    10-19-11 11:39 AM
    Hey,

Really appreciate this help u offering people. I am a bit stuck and dont know what to do next. Iv had a torch for abt 10 months now, got it in end of Jan-early Feb as a migration deal from CPW o2 to O2 direct via CPW.

Anyways, It was all happy until abt August, when my screen started to freeze a lot and i got a lot of static display. I came back from holiday and popped down to CPW n turned in my phone for repairs. I got a new phone (replacement handset) after about 3 weeks.

I used it for like 15 days, but realized a lot of my contacts seemed to keep getting deleted of bbm. The freezing hadnt been fixed either (i guess that just may be the phone) and the screen was getting stuck in the wrong orientation. so i went in and gave it again. Now I have just recieved my new replacement yesterday and it seems to have a rattling screen. I think its just a bit loose or sumthing, like when i press on it, i can feel the keyboard move. Its ok if it was just that. But when the phone vibrates (and i do use this a lot [99% of the time]) it just makes a really bad rattling sound. Not to mention the fact that if you are typing when it vibrates, after a while u feel like ur fingers have been electrocuted due to the vibration and rattling of the screen.

I really do not want to give the phone back in for repairs, but i cant live with this. Im on a 24 month contract, do you think there is a way out of it, may be i can opt for an early upgrade. Or is there some repair clause i can exploit. Anything at this point to get rid of this phone. And i certainly do not want to live without a phone again for another 3 weeks, i mean iv been under a cloud of mobile uncertainly long enough. I depend on it more than I really should be.

Thanx for the help. I should be giving them a ring in the morning to have a word anyways.

Thanx again
    12-01-11 10:56 PM
    Hi All... haven't had a dose of Crackberry for a while... mainly due to work... no rest for the wicked

Wanted to post on here a recent success story I've had with BB... firstly, I also jumped on the PlayBook bandwagon and am loving my newest BB family member. I literally take it everywhere with me and I can't wait to see if there will be a release of a remote desktop connection app for it, then I won't need to take my laptop to meetings although I have to say, if I get myself the necessary accessories I could be hooking up to projectors and what not all the same just means the horrible task of transferring files all the time...

Anyhooo - the success story goes like this... I got myself a Torch when it hit the shelves and transisted from the Bold 9700 quite easily and loved the new OS and touchscreen etc...

Then about 4 months ago I was out and about and the handset was stolen (definitely not lost, taken from my suit jacket (inside pocket) I hasten to add!) So I was really really miffed about that and obviously down in the dumps as I also did not have insurance (first time ever would you believe it!) So I reverted back to the Bold and after a few weeks the touching of the non touch screen became less and less of a mistake! but I could not get away from the fact that someone was walking around my city with my Torch, and i also thought that in this day and age with all the technology there must be a way of getting it back.. I had stupidly thought that Blackberry Protect would do what it does best (lock down and track etc) upon the loss of the phone, this was obviously not the case... Anyway, cutting to the chase I did some investigating using BB Pin messages, BBM, Facebook and Google, and after one conversation with the police I found that even after all my efforts, they probably couldnt help that much... this conversation with them was at 9.30 one morning not that long ago, and I also ended up 'teaching' the very nice police officer on how to bbm and pin someone ha ha, it was very educational for her I'm sure... anyway, it hurt when she left saying she knew I was right but due to the laws etc there was not much to be done.. at 2.30 that afternoon she returned, brandishing MY Torch, needless tp say I've only ever been as happy twice before, both times were when my children were born - she said she had spoken to her Commanding Officer and the CO had said after all the investigating I had done they should at least approach the person that had the phone, that person did the right thing and handed the phone back, apparently a couple of hundred pounds out of pocket which is never a nice thing for anyone, but the phone was returned to me in just as good condition as when I had last laid eyes on it

There are more details that I haven't divulged to keep the story from boring people and also to make sure that if any dishonest people ever read my post and have stolen a handset/bought a stolen one, they might just use it to avoid being found!!! and on the same note, if anyone could do with some tips etc I dont mind helping but I will only do this for members who have more than 1 years service or 150+ posts for obvious reasons

Good suucess story in my opinion!

Hope you're all well by the way...

T2F
    Hi
    I'd like to know where exactly BB Protect fell short.
    Did you manage to wipe it?
    Did you manage to get it to display a message that it was stolen?
    Did you fail to lock it down?
    Lastly could you not map its location using its GPS?
    02-09-12 06:39 PM
    I didn't go thru all 14 pages of this thread plz forgive me for asking if it has already been asked.

I have an unlocked BB9300
    I will be in London and I wanted to know if I can get a payg sim with unlimited data to use in my BB while around in the UK.
    Wht is cost for something like tht? Am not to intrested in minutes or txt, just the data.
    03-10-12 07:45 PM
    I didn't go thru all 14 pages of this thread plz forgive me for asking if it has already been asked.

I have an unlocked BB9300
    I will be in London and I wanted to know if I can get a payg sim with unlimited data to use in my BB while around in the UK.
    Wht is cost for something like tht? Am not to intrested in minutes or txt, just the data.
    As far as I know , there's no option like that, to get a better idea about what u can get in uk, have a look here
    Mobile Phones | Broadband & Mobile Broadband UK Deals | Free Web Email | Orange.co.uk
    Vodafone - Mobile Phones, Mobile Internet, Broadband and Email
    Mobile phones, Mobile Broadband & SIMs from Three
    O2 | Mobile Phones, Broadband and SIMs From The UK's Leading Provider
    03-10-12 10:10 PM
    Thank you for the links.

As I re-read wht I posted I think it came across like I was saying I didn't want any minutes or txt and ONLY data. Well, its not only data tht I want and know there would be no plan like tht. Thanks again
    03-11-12 06:59 AM
    well, i get ur point, u dnt care how many minutes u get as long as u get enough data
    but the issue is they dnt offer unlimited data on payg, and also there r data only packages too, but u won't get BIS with that
    on the plus side, u can still get BIS with a limited data allowance on payg
    03-12-12 12:54 AM
    Oh ic. Limited data.
    Are sims etc easy to get? Don't want to spend to much time searching for a store.
    Also, do I need a form of ID to to make the purchase? So I would know to walk with my passport on tht day.

Thanks
    03-12-12 11:46 AM
    i have unlimited data on my contract with three i cant fault it and it really is unlimited unlike other networks
    04-08-12 03:18 PM
    Best customer service for data in the UK.........I voted 3 UK as they have unlimited data for half the money I pay.

Both mine are 500MB.

I am with O2 UK and Vodafone UK which I dont think do unlimited.
    04-08-12 03:41 PM
    Hi all...

Good to be back after a looooong time of being away, I have gone through a huge number of changes over the past year, my business being the biggest change and getting it off the ground etc has been gruelling to say the least, one thing I've trusted in the journey, as ever, my blackberry!

So I wanted to come on get back involved with the community I've trusted over the years and get back into the "talk-to-frank in the UK" thread I started a good while ago now... Interesting feedback from the some 150 poll opinions, with a neck and nexk tie between 2 big names - I'd have to say with a customer service focus in mind, I think the findings speak for themselves and I would have to agree... So my first post is a slight change from the service we get from people, to the service I've recently received from the network infrastructure of my operator (Now O2) and the reasons behind the change I went for in choosing who to 'marry' for another 12 months! I'll start another poll based on this and see what we can achieve in terms of further feedback for this as well... Hope you can all join in on the new poll!!

Interestingly after I read the post about unlimited data on 3 UK from Ben I wondered for a second... I had to agree that the offering on certain tariffs from the network that sells their brand on everything data and downloading is really very good and the best there is out there in terms of being fairly priced and very honest when they say it's truly unlimited downloads... I had a 3 contract for a year, during that time there was a 6 or 7 month period where I had moved into a new house and decided that I spent too much time away from home (in the office/away on business) to warrant getting digital tv services from my preferred supplier (due to the broadband they offer) Virgin (formerly Cable & Wireless/NTL) so I used the 3 UK network for a good value plan (one plan) giving 2000 mins/5000 txts and unlimited data, even for tethering, I got really good speeds, coverage most places I visited in the UK was decent and never really got any other charges except for the occasional picture message to a phone where email/bbm features were not available (very uncommon these days!). So I found it really useful... the main reason I cancelled was the lack of support for anything and everything blackberry especially when it came to BIS/BES type issues... I switched to O2, purely a financial decision... I already had the 9900 Bold so didn't need a new phone, I was looking for value, so currently I am on a sim only plan, with unlimited calls and texts for 26 per month, a really good package although this deal doesn't include a handset for those that would need/want one, and there is a 1gb data limit, use of WIFI at both home and office keep me from going over the limit so no real hassle there but again, this would prove a limitation for those that don't have this comfort.

One issue I do have is the very noticeable lack of good coverage, I generally have a signal however this seems to be "fake" in real world terms. For example, when making calls I get (on a daily basis) "call failed" "unobtainable" "circuit error" "congestion" all of the above when calling numbers that are not new to me but which I dial on a regualr basis, therefore clearly something to do with the capacity of the holding cell tower/pico for the call I'm trying to make. I know that O2 is very popular these days, epsecially with youngsters with the pay as you go deals that O2 offer, where the calls on the same network (and texts) are free with a top of 10 or 15 pounds, therefore I assume that with so many users in one area generally on the phone or using network for other reasons, this will make the "congestion" message a common occurrence, I just feel that if the problem is there due to demand, surely O2 are aware of it and should be doing something about it? Either way the deal is good, the coverage is not so good. My girlfriend is on the same network and has just moved house, within her house she has shockingly poor coverage, and it proves to be a major problem using bbm unless wifi is in use. I appreciate that this is within a house and nothing is guaranteed within the boundaries of your home, but the coincidence of poor signal, similar error messages etc make it too coincidental to be something that is just limited to me and her, she doesn't live in the same town (I am in Peterborough, she is in London).

Thanks for reading and any feedback/assistance anyone can provide as to what the future holds for any upgrades of the O2 network infrastructure... Next post... 4G, I've been reading a lot about this lately and I'm keen to understand if this will give us all any hope of a seemless/flawless network not just for data - but for the general and overall quality of the service we receive here in the U.K

Frank
    06-17-12 04:01 PM
    @Frank, just on the data side for O2, even if customers hit their limit, they would never be charged for it although their speeds would be reduced until their next bill was generated.

We now have some fab deals and you have taken one with the On and On Sim tariff @26 including 1gb of data.

If customers were to go over their data then they have the option to purchase either a one off bolt on ranging from 100mb (3) to an extra 1GB (10) or have it on a permanent basis.

The new On & On tariffs give customers to have an extra 1GB of data for an extra fiver per month instead of the standard 10.

If people are going to be streaming movies and what not from their devices then it is advisable to use wifi anyway which will improve the quality of the data received and with millions of wifi hotspots around unlimited data isn't really needed imho

Anyway, welcome back to the forums, I too have been away for a while but now have returned

Kian
    06-24-12 04:04 PM
214 ... 789