Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2

View Poll Results: Best Customer Service for DATA in UK?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vodafone UK

24 16.00%
  • O2 UK

51 34.00%
  • Orange UK

50 33.33%
  • T- Mobile UK

13 8.67%
  • 3 UK

12 8.00%
06-24-12 04:04 PM
214 123 ...
tools
    Hi to all in the UK...

I've been thinking about this post for some time now... so here goes...

I noticed one thread for ask a VZW rep... an noticed there isnt really one for UK only BB users.

I have worked for both O2 UK and T-Mobile UK - and am a current Orange UK subscriber. So when it comes to most network issues and quite alot of the handset issues I can help...

I thought starting a thread for this purpose wouldsave alot of time browsing other threads and perhaps stop the need to translate something from another network into that of your own.

Unfortunately I have very limited knowledge of Vodafone UK & 3 UK. But ofcourse someone else might be able to help with that! And I will also endeavour to find a resolution! along with all other networks...

So... post away!
    04-18-09 05:47 PM
    That's rather nice of you, Frank. I know there's folks there that can really use your help. Kudos!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 06:02 PM
    That's rather nice of you, Frank. I know there's folks there that can really use your help. Kudos!

Gracias BergerKing... do you know the best way to get this made "sticky" so it remains up there?
    04-18-09 06:17 PM
    Hi

This is probably a very good idea for a thread and one that may keep you VERY busy lol

3 UK don't do Blackberry Data plans as of yet, they were supposed to have been bringing out the Bold but I have no idea what has happened to that.

Customer Service for Blackberries is generally quite poor in the UK with people getting better answers if they are passed onto a technical department or whatever.

I have been with o2 for many years and in all the time that I have been a blackberry owner, I haven't had to contact them too much regarding problems with BIS but I have had other instances of poor service from them.

So as they are all I know for BB data I will give them my vote. I do have to say though that my BIS tariff is free on my plan which is fantastic.
    Last edited by Hazysky; 04-18-09 at 06:20 PM.
    04-18-09 06:18 PM
    Hazysky, thanks for your post...

3 UK dont currently offer any BB's but this first basic post on the thread might shed a little light on them doing so pretty soon... here are the login pages for BIS on the major UK networks, including 3 UK

O2 UK
    https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=o2mailuk

Orange UK
    https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=orangeuk

Vodafone UK
    https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk

3 UK
    https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=3uk

T-Mobile UK
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    04-18-09 06:34 PM
    Yeah that's been out a while, I really wonder what is keeping them.

BTW to get your thread stickied PM one of the Mods
    04-18-09 06:36 PM
    thanks again... PM'd so should be cool...

I remember when 3 started up and I got the motorola A10...something... I had high hopes and at the time and loved 'angry kid'... but since then havent experienced them. not sure if they tend to have a lot of delays?
    04-18-09 06:48 PM
    Cool move Frank. Thats what helping others is all about!
    04-18-09 06:55 PM
    One of the problems I think is maybe that 3UK's mobile internet service 'X series' is actually a very flash orientated service and obviously there is no flash for BB's. Also they have to build a whole BB infrastructure but a release was mentioned for November 2008.

There has never been any explaination as to why and no one seems to badger them for a release date.

I was with 3 once, for all of three months! I left them cos I got a Blackberry LOL
    04-18-09 06:57 PM
    Hi to all in the UK...

I've been thinking about this post for some time now... so here goes...

I noticed one thread for ask a VZW rep... an noticed there isnt really one for UK only BB users.

I have worked for both O2 UK and T-Mobile UK - and am a current Orange UK subscriber. So when it comes to most network issues and quite alot of the handset issues I can help...

I thought starting a thread for this purpose wouldsave alot of time browsing other threads and perhaps stop the need to translate something from another network into that of your own.

Unfortunately I have very limited knowledge of Vodafone UK & 3 UK. But ofcourse someone else might be able to help with that! And I will also endeavour to find a resolution! along with all other networks...

So... post away!
    Hi Frank..perhaps you can help..to be able to use twitter client 'ubertwitter',I have to set my APN to orangewap..will that incur additional costs from Orange UK? I have a 250mb data plan on BIS.I have a BB Bold.
    Thanks

Robin
    04-19-09 08:38 AM
    Hi Robin

Using the orange apn will be using the data plan and won't cost you any extra it is still governed by the fair use policy though.
    the apn is merely acting as a by pass around bis - normally all data goes through it but when using the apn it does not. Hope this helps!

Talk-to-Frank

04-19-09 08:44 AM
    Hi Robin

Using the orange apn will be using the data plan and won't cost you any extra it is still governed by the fair use policy though.
    the apn is merely acting as a by pass around bis - normally all data goes through it but when using the apn it does not. Hope this helps!

Talk-to-Frank

Thanks for that..put's my mind at rest..could you explain 'fair use policy' a bit more,and if I use sending/receiving e-mails,FB,Twitter Client,BB weather,news app:,CB and other forums as what I would describe as moderate use i.e not 24-7..will I go over 250mb?

Robin
    04-19-09 09:00 AM
    No problem.

The fair use policy is put in place so that users don't take advantage by using their mobiles for things like tethered modem usage. This would obviously take up loads of bandwidth if loads of people did it etc..
    Anything you use on your handset that requires a data connection like MSN email and bb messenger will use data, if your connected to wifi your usage will go through the wifi connection thus not using your plan allowance.

Pretty much everything that requires information to be sent like the facebook app will use data. So just near that in mind.

All said, I use my bb all day everyday and am in and put of wifi usage. I,ve never had any problems with orange.
    I'd you are consistently excessive they will let you know before they begin to charge you etc...

Does that answer your question?

Talk-to-Frank

04-19-09 09:34 AM
    No votes for Voda UK or 3 UK yet? Dont forget this is a DATA question, not just for BlackBerry users and abusers, so be sure to vote!!!
    Last edited by talk-to-frank; 04-22-09 at 05:26 AM. Reason: wording
    04-22-09 05:26 AM
    Hi Frank, I have my curve set up on o2 and receive my emails from an address of @btinternet.com. When I try to log into the BIS o2 link you have on this thread it don't have a username or password. Not sure if I need to get into this account or not ? But I do know that it confuses me ! any ideas as to how I could log on ?

Many thanks Fuzzy
    04-24-09 01:21 PM
    Hi fuzzy

Can you be a bit more descriptive with the issue, are you saying that the link to the bis login page is broken or that the user name box doesn't appear etc?
    And also are you attempting to log in because you have a problem with email?

Talk-to-Frank

04-24-09 01:45 PM
    Hi fuzzy

Can you be a bit more descriptive with the issue, are you saying that the link to the bis login page is broken or that the user name box doesn't appear etc?
    And also are you attempting to log in because you have a problem with email?

Talk-to-Frank

Sorry Frank the link isn't broken and the user name box appears. I also don't have a problem with email. It's just me being curious. Sorry to be a pain it's just that when I seen it and I'm with o2 I just wondered what it was.

Fuzzy
    04-24-09 02:27 PM
    Not a problem fuzzy... I too get very curious about all aspects of my phone, sometimes my curiosity is quite dangerous, lol..

OK - so im guessing you either set up the BIS email or someone did it for you and you can no longer remember the user name or password.

The quickest way to resolve this would be go to the BIS login page and click on 'forgot password'

You'll then be presented with 2 options - put either your user name or your Device PIN in - I'd go with PIN if you dont know the user name...

This will at least get you your password, which may jog your memory as to what you put for a user name, or the user name will probably be something you've used before.

In addition to that option - you could also call O2 and have them give you the information or reset it for you.

This option is adviseable if you bought the handset '2nd hand'

Does that help? if not, let me know!

talk-to-frank
    04-24-09 02:47 PM
    Not a problem fuzzy... I too get very curious about all aspects of my phone, sometimes my curiosity is quite dangerous, lol..

OK - so im guessing you either set up the BIS email or someone did it for you and you can no longer remember the user name or password.

The quickest way to resolve this would be go to the BIS login page and click on 'forgot password'

You'll then be presented with 2 options - put either your user name or your Device PIN in - I'd go with PIN if you dont know the user name...

This will at least get you your password, which may jog your memory as to what you put for a user name, or the user name will probably be something you've used before.

In addition to that option - you could also call O2 and have them give you the information or reset it for you.

This option is adviseable if you bought the handset '2nd hand'

Does that help? if not, let me know!

talk-to-frank
    Hi again Frank, I put my pin number in and the message that was sent to my bb was "username and password don't exist"

Fuzzy
    04-24-09 02:55 PM
    Hi again Frank, I put my pin number in and the message that was sent to my bb was "username and password don't exist"

Fuzzy
    OK... sounds strange if your receiving your @btinternet emails to the handset... unless you are using a 3rd party app?

If you've never registered its very easy and can be done from your PC with the link for BIS login or from your handset - an option in the main menu which is called Email Settings.

@ your PC - click on "create new account" and follow the steps, you should be up and running in no time, you enter your user name for each email you want to set up in this case it would be yourusername@btinternet.com along with your password and the BIS will do the rest for you...

Give it a whirl and let me know if you have any problems...

talk-to-frank
    04-24-09 03:28 PM
    Hi Frank, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. It says that the phone is already registere and to contact o2. As I have no problems with my bb and email I'll just leave it at that. Thanks for all your help.
    Fuzzy

04-26-09 01:55 PM
    Hi Frank, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. It says that the phone is already registere and to contact o2. As I have no problems with my bb and email I'll just leave it at that. Thanks for all your help.
    Fuzzy

Hi Fuzzy

I had this exact set up when I first switched from O2 to Orange. Liek you I was curious but knew the user name and password so just got it changed over from O2 to Orange.

I can tell you that if you dont need to get into it, you wont have any problems so leaving it as is wont hurdle your experience.
    But if you do encounter any problems it could take a while to resolve if you dont have access to the BIS as when O2 delete it for you it can take 24 hours to be done so could leave you without service for up to that amount of time.

Other than thatt, you shouldnt have any problems - but at least you where to start when or if you need/want to.

Happy Blackberry'n

Frank
    04-26-09 02:05 PM
    Fuzzywuzy

On reading your original post it appears that you may have set up your email from the email settings wizard when you purchased it.

Look in your set up older for an email settings icon, select it and it will take you to the o2 login page, look around for a create username and password option you can set them here and they can be used both on the device login page and on the o2email website.

If that doesn't work contact o2 as they can reset it for you. It is actually very useful to have this as you can add/delete new email accounts room here, change signature etc and resend service books should you ever have any issues.
    04-26-09 02:10 PM
    Fuzzywuzy

It is actually very useful to have this as you can add/delete new email accounts room here, change signature etc and resend service books should you ever have any issues.
    Good point!
    04-26-09 02:18 PM
    Hi all...

Had another thought about helping UK users with any issues...

Sometimes it may be easier and faster to get a direct response from someone. Even when they are not using the CB forums... I know that we can all use the forums in wap mode but this can bit a bit long to get things said etc....

So - I then had a little thought of PIN Support... where if you have a direct question about any issues you can PIN message someone to get help on a direct basis...

For instance, my forte is Network issues (O2 and T-Mobile) and Hardware.
    Therefore if you cant find an answer to your search and need a quick response... feel free to PIN msg me!
    04-27-09 06:08 PM
214 123 ...