Anyone have and inside info on whether they will be supplying the passport? I phoned business upgrades today and they intimated BlackBerry was dying, nothing showing for Passport. More interested in iPhone launch and selling me broadband and phone lines. I told them I would leave if they drop ?

NigelZ10
    09-05-14 12:43 PM
    Hi I am on O2 Business, are you directly managed or managed through a partner?

From my understanding the device will be available from my partner to run on my O2 contract.
    09-05-14 12:45 PM
    Carphone warehouse should be doing the passport and classic for o2 contract

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 07:06 AM
    Direct with o2 business, maybe I just got a biased personal view. Maybe Blackberry should leak their known partners, what harm could that do?

NigelZ10 ? experience the silky power of BlackBerry 10 ?
    09-06-14 07:27 AM
    Direct with o2 business, maybe I just got a biased personal view. Maybe Blackberry should leak their known partners, what harm could that do?

You can transfer to an O2 Business partner free of charge. From my experience you get better service and contract support as well as renewable discounts
    09-06-14 10:31 AM
    Any particular partner you recommend? I have found o2 business to be exemplary to be fair, just that last phone call made me a bit nervous.

09-06-14 04:31 PM
    Vivio | The UK's leading independent provider of business mobiles and landlines - I was transferred by O2 to them three years ago. So maybe just speak to them and see if they meet your needs... otherwise you can always play a bit of hardball with O2 directly, it's not as if Blackberry services can be provided by anyone else. There is over 3.6 million (as at end of 2013) blackberry users in the UK, a reasonably sized percentage of which are business customers.
    09-06-14 04:45 PM
    Sounds like a good move, many thanks, like all BlackBerry users we don't need them to go kaput, we need the competition and business competence they excel in. I think the others will copy BlackBerry with phabletty devices.

09-06-14 06:14 PM
    Looking on the O2 website I can't find any Blackberry's for sale at all :/

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 07:04 AM
    I went into o2 shop and nothing on display, also carphone warehouse and they are supposed to be carrying it, nothing on display. Bumped into an old friend who was always BlackBerry and she was carrying an iPhone, so she can facetime her family, I told her BBM would have done same job on her friends iPhone, shame Carphone Warehouse didn't tell her. Perhaps they make more money/commission from Apple products?

10-07-14 11:05 AM
    I have it on good authority that BB are working hard to get O2 to range the new BB devices, however the only way to get it on O2 is sim free or via CPW for now.
    10-15-14 12:32 AM
    I've been in discussion with O2 on their online Community since March about their lack of BlackBerry handsets. If you want to add to the discussion, feel free to comment here: The future of BlackBerry on O2 - O2 Community
    10-16-14 02:29 PM
    Got a phone call from o2 asking me if I wanted to upgrade. Told they will do any device other than Blackberry.

BlackBerry really need to get on top of this. When you have providers actively discouraging people from getting devices that's a major problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 11:41 AM
    Just to add, I tweeted o2 UK and let them know that one of their staff has said they no longer deal with blackberry just to check if it was a one off and their reply was unfortunately they no longer can offer blackberry but their deals change all the time.

Bit of a bummer as I live in an area where pretty much o2 is the only decent signal. I'm on a contract but all my friends and family are payg with an 02 to 02 unlimited bolt on. Good job I'm not into the passport. But it's a worry for when a BlackBerry device comes along I do fancy.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 12:11 PM
    Yeah BlackBerry gone from O2 shops & website. CPW have the Passport online but no O2 contracts so you'd have to buy sim free. Shame really as both had a large selection of BB's in the past.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 02:16 PM
    Just checked CPW again & you can get a passport on O2 as an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 02:18 PM
    Just checked CPW again & you can get a passport on O2 as an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I saw cpw had the passport. Like I say though it's not for me. I'm holding out to see what comes up after the classic and just enjoying a cheaper contract for a while. The z10 is suiting my needs fit the moment. I don't see the z30 as much of an upgrade. The classic maybe but I've gone off keyboards in favour of bagger screen but not ruling it out at the moment.

I sort of understand Chen in a way, twice BlackBerry have been stung by manufacturing too many devices than they sold and ended up giving them away so if you have to buy them mainly from them they can control the demand. However, making them hard to get hold of means that they lose fringe buyers who maybe thought I'll give them a try for a change.

Thors downfall was not getting devs on side, will chens be not getting providers? Surely he can find a sweet spot between supply and demand.

I know he's not focused on consumers anymore but no mans an island, unless his names Madagascar!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 06:45 PM
    A few weeks ago I went to my local O2 shop & asked if they have the BlackBerry Passport. The guy shook his head & shouted "No!" then said however we do have the new iPhone.

I simply replied. "I would never trust my personal data with Apple as they are unsecured, restricted & buggy as hell!" - He had such a confused look on his face. Don't these guys know anything!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using CB Forums
    11-25-14 02:06 AM
    Its not his fault, he's plugged in to the apple Matrix like so many others. I was looking for an Iphone 6. For my dughters Xmas present when it occured to me. My Z10 has a better spec than it and its two years old. Try explaining that to a teenager though.
    11-25-14 05:50 PM
    Its not his fault, he's plugged in to the apple Matrix like so many others. I was looking for an Iphone 6. For my dughters Xmas present when it occured to me. My Z10 has a better spec than it and its two years old. Try explaining that to a teenager though.
    I find it funny that you think specs is everything. The teenager would be in the right, specs are just numbers. Apple does a fantastic job with the iPhones and it's limited Hardware. The reason they don't have amazing specs like everything else is because it's not needed. So basically, you're in the wrong think specs matter.

I agree the Z10 is better, but just remember, specs mean very little

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 08:04 PM