https://www.scmp.com/tech/big-tech/a...-users-worried

Article is quite interesting. for now it's only in the Xiaomi phones with MIUI 13.
    The idea i guess is good but no need to be a privacy conscious person to be afraid of the gvt stopping you from installing specific App's on the phone or recording the calls / sms etc.

I wonder if it's gonna be implemented in International ROMs of MIUI 13 but will remain inactivated.
    01-11-22 10:49 PM
    Sounds like it's only a local issue... to align with existing regional restrictions.

Reality is just because some laws and regulations are easy to circumvent today... doesn't mean technology will not make them easy to enforce in the future. You can bet that in time even a legally imported Samsung or Apple device will be required to meet the requirements set out by the powers that be (or not be sold there).

The solution isn't how to get around the laws... it's how do the people get those laws changed.
    Shuswap likes this.
    01-12-22 11:34 AM
    The solution isn't how to get around the laws... it's how do the people get those laws changed.
    Agreed. I'd say more, but I don't want to get all political on CB!
    01-12-22 12:11 PM