And for the times that typing is important, a modern virtual keyboard (like BlackBerry's) is far better than just good enough.
    If one is gonna type just short (few sentences, one paragraph max) then a good VKB will suffice.

But for heavy, extensive mobile typing where punctuation and accuracy really matters, no glass will do because the experience will be stale and become tiring.

VKB's have come very far, and Gboard/BBKB/SwiftKey are the best of them, but they're still not on the level of good old plastic.
    01-28-20 09:43 AM
    If one is gonna type just short (few sentences, one paragraph max) then a good VKB will suffice.

But for heavy, extensive mobile typing where punctuation and accuracy really matters, no glass will do because the experience will be stale and become tiring.

VKB's have come very far, and Gboard/BBKB/SwiftKey are the best of them, but they're still not on the level of good old plastic.
    Although I prefer keys, I do just as well on glass.

I used the Z30 for a year and a half, and once acclimatised, I did just fine.
    01-28-20 09:44 AM
    Although I prefer keys, I do just as well on glass.

I used the Z30 for a year and a half, and once acclimatised, I did just fine.
    "Doing fine" on glass is radically different from "enjoying it".

This is simply why I'm typing on my KEY2 LE instead of my S10e, even though the latter destroys it in pretty much every other aspect.
    01-28-20 09:49 AM
    "Doing fine" on glass is radically different from "enjoying it".
    Agreed. Which is why I still use a KEY².
    01-28-20 09:50 AM
    I think too we forget that markets vary, there are places where a phone is a person's.... TV, Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, Phone all rolled into one. So a big display is just what's desired.

I think if PKB were crucial... we would have see the JIO PHONE 2 be a huge hit in India. That doesn't seem to be the case.
    01-28-20 09:55 AM
    I think too we forget that markets vary, there are places where a phone is a person's.... TV, Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, Phone all rolled into one. So a big display is just what's desired.

I think if PKB were crucial... we would have see the JIO PHONE 2 be a huge hit in India. That doesn't seem to be the case.
    Plus aren't there other countries where old BlackBerry phones persisted for a much longer time but yet still didn't translate into booming sales for the newer breed of BlackBerry phones?
    01-28-20 09:58 AM
    Your points number 4 and 5 also apply to slab owners...
    But the Slab market has.... a market of billions.
    01-28-20 10:02 AM
    Plus aren't there other countries where old BlackBerry phones persisted for a much longer time but yet still didn't translate into booming sales for the newer breed of BlackBerry phones?
    What newer breed Lmao.

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    01-28-20 10:09 AM
    What newer breed Lmao.

I was referring to OS versus 10 and Androids.
    01-28-20 10:18 AM
    I was referring to OS versus 10 and Androids.
    You mean BBOS7 /BB10 to Android?
    They were not on android for a reason. Blackberry stopped at the Classic and the Passport in my opinion.

01-28-20 10:22 AM
    You mean BBOS7 /BB10 to Android?
    They were not on android for a reason. Blackberry stopped at the Classic and the Passport in my opinion.

What? I recall other countries had many BBOS users that stayed with those phones much longer than other places like the US. But I was questioning why those people didn't move to BB10 or KEY phones.
    01-28-20 10:29 AM
    What? I recall other countries had many BBOS users that stayed with those phones much longer than other places like the US. But I was questioning why those people didn't move to BB10 or KEY phones.
    Sorry. I thought you meant why didn't the switch to the Priv, KeyOne or Key2

01-28-20 10:39 AM
    We'd have to have a lot of data on users, sales and market conditions to figure it out. In the end, BlackBerry who had that data.... focused on SLABS with the lauch of BB10. They ended up falling back onto just PKBs... but what did they sell, maybe 5 million BB10 PKB phones over three years? Even enterprise customers were choosing the LEAP over the Classic.
    01-28-20 10:43 AM
    Sorry. I thought you meant why didn't the switch to the Priv, KeyOne or Key2

Sorry, I did a poor job explaining it previously.
    01-28-20 10:49 AM
    Technically, you can still get a Key2 if you want to upgrade from KEYone now
    Yeah but you'd be mad to pay full price for a phone that has Android 8 with no chance of an update and maybe 4 more security updates...
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-28-20 11:07 AM
    Yeah but you'd be mad to pay full price for a phone that has Android 8 with no chance of an update and maybe 4 more security updates...
    I didn’t purchase one 18 months ago. But if forced, I’d pay full price to GoTalk +$30 for the current $679 price over the Unihertz Titan at $199 introduction price.

For me, the BB PKB using BBAndroid or before that BB10 was the only incentive to leave BBOS years ago. The BB VKB earned it’s props on all the various hardware too but again coupled with the software.

If buying Android, there are far better, safer and more secure choices than Unihertz products.

I tried other PKBs in 2000s from Samsung, HTC, Motorola and Nokia but none did I like as much as BlackBerry devices and it’s software.

KEYone from all licensees sold 1 million +/- devices and Key2 from all licensees sold 100 thousand +/- devices. If a device can’t attract more than few thousand, PKB or VKB, it can’t be that great of a value.
    01-28-20 11:31 AM
    Is that your only criteria for buying a phone? What if a physical keyboard is your top priority and you don't want to walk around with something that weighs more than 3/4 of a lb?
    Last edited by conite; 01-28-20 at 12:32 PM.
    01-28-20 11:41 AM
    Need to spend more on the device marketing. How can people buy something they don’t know about?
    sounds like a familiar song
    01-28-20 12:05 PM
    Is that you're only criteria for buying a phone? What if a physical keyboard is your top priority and you don't want to walk around with something that weighs more than 3/4 of a lb?
    And there are some that do. Weight isn't always a hindrance to all. Unihertz is releasing another device in 2020?-tumblr_mw39szwaem1rxmzmpo8_500.jpg
    01-28-20 12:18 PM
    And there are some that do. Weight isn't always a hindrance to all. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mw39szWAEm1rxmzmpo8_500.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	447470
    Well if we went back to clip on belt cases.... some would go back to wearing belts.
    01-28-20 01:02 PM
    Is that your only criteria for buying a phone? What if a physical keyboard is your top priority
    But...

Didn't you say that you were gonna move on from your KEY2 when the security updates stop?
    Grungni likes this.
    01-28-20 01:33 PM
    Is that your only criteria for buying a phone? What if a physical keyboard is your top priority and you don't want to walk around with something that weighs more than 3/4 of a lb?
    No not my only criteria... PKB is my top priority and the Titan has one for less than half the price of a hamstrung 'Blackberry'... Weighs less than 3/4 of a lb too where I come from...
    01-28-20 02:27 PM
    But...

Didn't you say that you were gonna move on from your KEY2 when the security updates stop?
    I may be forced to because of client data. But that's still a ways off.

For that reason, I could NEVER use a Titan as a primary device.
    01-28-20 02:46 PM
    No not my only criteria... PKB is my top priority and the Titan has one for less than half the price of a hamstrung 'Blackberry'... Weighs less than 3/4 of a lb too where I come from...
    Sorry, should have said 2/3.
    01-28-20 02:47 PM
    Back on topic, there is further information...

https://comingsoon.ogadget.com/atom-...ce=Atom+Update
    02-04-20 07:39 AM
95 1234