Interesting phone from a reliable company. Sikur. Aside missing the keyboard. It's a ultra secure phone with an interesting price tag. Produced out of China and after first year of use there is a fee to pay to keep it's safety components on. Business model is wise and could be used by OM imop

https://www.techradar.com/news/this-...ound-right-now
    01-23-22 09:38 AM
    Interesting phone from a reliable company. Sikur. Aside missing the keyboard. It's a ultra secure phone with an interesting price tag. Produced out of China and after first year of use there is a fee to pay to keep it's safety components on. Business model is wise and could be used by OM imop

https://www.techradar.com/news/this-...ound-right-now
    I'm not sure what this offers more than a $250 Knox-enabled Samsung A13 5G running within a UEM environment, that gets 4 years of updates, full carrier support, and comes with enterprise security certs through the roof.

The Sikur seems to be following the footsteps of the Silent Circle BlackPhone, the Boeing Black, the Turing, and the Solarin.
    Last edited by conite; 01-23-22 at 12:31 PM.
    01-23-22 10:12 AM
    I'm not sure what this offers more than a $250 Knox-enabled Samsung A13 5G running within a UEM environment, that gets 4 years of updates, full carrier support, and comes with enterprise security certs through the roof.

Following the footsteps of the Silent Circle BlackPhone, the Boeing Black, the Turing, and the Solarin.
    BlackBerry users try to be unique 😉
    01-23-22 12:14 PM
    Good question. I'm not security expert but just reading the article. They seem to have a specific way to handle the device and they propose their own suite of messaging, encrypted voice call etc (I imagine it works only if the other side is also only on the same type of device).

Also I guess something is able to provide cheap device with Knox thanks to economy is scale. OM won't have that and proposing like Sikur does a yearly fee after the first year of purchase might be a wise idea. Honestly I'd prefer that instead of ending up with an unsecure device after some time like it happened to us with the Key2
    01-23-22 09:17 PM
    Good question. I'm not security expert but just reading the article. They seem to have a specific way to handle the device and they propose their own suite of messaging, encrypted voice call etc (I imagine it works only if the other side is also only on the same type of device).

Also I guess something is able to provide cheap device with Knox thanks to economy is scale. OM won't have that and proposing like Sikur does a yearly fee after the first year of purchase might be a wise idea. Honestly I'd prefer that instead of ending up with an unsecure device after some time like it happened to us with the Key2
    I guess the question becomes, what does this device offer that a $199-249 USD Galaxy A13 5G doesn’t offer? We’ve pointed out that OM should explore a monthly subscription for instance. The point is what is one getting for a monthly subscription beyond what’s already free elsewhere?
    01-24-22 07:56 AM
    I guess the question becomes, what does this device offer that a $199-249 USD Galaxy A13 5G doesn’t offer? We’ve pointed out that OM should explore a monthly subscription for instance. The point is what is one getting for a monthly subscription beyond what’s already free elsewhere?
    $300 phone with a $12 subscription... it ain't offering very much.

One good thing about the ending of 2G and 3G is LTE offers encrypted voice calls, and 5G takes it a step further with numerous security features that Enterprise and Government can employ on 5G.

Also with the move to RCS for texting, that too should be much more secure than it once was.

At one time BlackBerry had a trial for Cloud BES, but the didn't want individual users....
    01-24-22 11:55 AM
    $300 phone with a $12 subscription... it ain't offering very much.

One good thing about the ending of 2G and 3G is LTE offers encrypted voice calls, and 5G takes it a step further with numerous security features that Enterprise and Government can employ on 5G.

Also with the move to RCS for texting, that too should be much more secure than it once was.

At one time BlackBerry had a trial for Cloud BES, but the didn't want individual users....
    Part two to this is Apple will lock down the OS for corporate users with no monthly cost. Samsung will do the same and sell you updates as part of a security package for less money.
    01-25-22 08:48 AM
    Part two to this is Apple will lock down the OS for corporate users with no monthly cost. Samsung will do the same and sell you updates as part of a security package for less money.
    The only hope for BlackBerry, really was as some industrial tool that provided "proven" user productivity across the specific use case for that industry. Running a generic OS that they didn't have to do all the heavy lifting on, and would still support industry needed apps.

But I have no idea how small that market would have been, or if sales would have ever settled at some viable point... or always continued to fall as the value decreased and old work force retired.
    01-25-22 09:37 AM