Look at this looks like a Q10 / Q5 Clone with E-Ink Display and MinimalOS (maybe Android).

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Minima....796133.0.html

Minimal Phone with QWERTY Keyboard-csm_minimal_phoneminimal_phone3_f12f039273.jpeg
    01-24-24 12:20 PM
    Sounds a lot like what the MC01 was going to be.... back when it would have been more minimal with Punket older OS.

For sure it's something that those needing a keyboard and a more basic functionality, should sign up for.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 01-24-24 at 01:21 PM.
    01-24-24 01:04 PM
    A little more on the phone and the developer https://www.techradar.com/phones/thi...ling-addiction
    parryberry and Kommandant like this.
    01-24-24 01:21 PM
    .....and a link to the q+a with the CEO: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheMinimalC...f_the_minimal/
    01-24-24 03:53 PM
    .....and a link to the q+a with the CEO: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheMinimalC...f_the_minimal/
    Well the $400 price is impressive.... especially for a 5G phone that's going to have international bands. And they are working on getting whitelisted with US Carriers. At least they are dreaming big...

It will be a Google certified phone, so I think the MnmlOS is more a custom loader than a custom ROM.

Initial target for the Kickstarter is 3000 units... my guess is it will be a one run product so had better not delay once/if they move forward.
    01-25-24 07:42 AM
    Well the $400 price is impressive.... especially for a 5G phone that's going to have international bands. And they are working on getting whitelisted with US Carriers. At least they are dreaming big...

It will be a Google certified phone, so I think the MnmlOS is more a custom loader than a custom ROM.

Initial target for the Kickstarter is 3000 units... my guess is it will be a one run product so had better not delay once/if they move forward.
    5G - maybe not - I think he said something to the effect of "we're looking at it". But you are correct, they are dreaming big. Likewise with all these kickstarters though. Have to wait and see what becomes of it.
    01-25-24 09:58 AM
    5G - maybe not - I think he said something to the effect of "we're looking at it". But you are correct, they are dreaming big. Likewise with all these kickstarters though. Have to wait and see what becomes of it.
    My guess is nothing... as I don't see an e-Ink display selling more units than Unihertz was able to.

Sounds like they are dreaming of doing what Punket is doing with Apostrophy.... but Punket's charging a premium to cover the substantial developmental cost associated with the OS, and will have a subscription to cover the Services.
    01-25-24 11:33 AM
    That PKB attachment on an iPhone keeps looking better and better for anyone that really wants that 2005 experience.
    01-25-24 03:36 PM
    If only this thing had a color screen and ran regular Android...

🫴

Sent from something
    01-26-24 08:25 AM
    If only this thing had a color screen and ran regular Android...

������

Sent from something
    Yeah I'm not sure why B&W is needed to be minimalistic... and my experience with E-Ink, in the past there has been more of a delay with the screen refreshing data. That might make typing a less then enjoyable experience.

Of course I expect to power a UHD Color screen would also require more powerful chipset than they have planned. And would for sure kill any hopes at four day battery life... short adding a brick to the size and weight. Or a $400 sticker price...

He did say "Essentially any app that is supported by android is supported by Minimal." and that it would be Google Certified, so apps could be downloaded from Play Store. But then he talks about "select" third party apps as well... In the end I think it's an Android phone...

In the end he just stated a lot.... that I find it hard for a $400 Kickstarter phone to be able to deliver on.
    01-26-24 09:11 AM
    One word - Minimal - you gets very little for a little $. I agree with the problem of E-Ink display and it's slow refresh rate. I have a fairly new ( 1 year old) android powered book e-reader (Boox) that has the Google Play Store pre-installed and will run pretty much any app but it is slow and the typing experience is not great. I would be most concerned with that lag.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-26-24 11:45 AM
    Unless there is going to be heavily customized software, it would be a disaster. Regular Android apps are terrible on e-ink.
    01-29-24 04:10 AM
    Which becomes a reality first.... Minimal or MC01 or world peace?
    02-05-24 03:16 PM
    Which becomes a reality first.... Minimal or MC01 or world peace?
    Poverty solution
    02-07-24 09:29 AM
    Well they do have their kickstarter going.... and have reached their Goal for it.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...werty-phone/#/

Few days left to get in on these...

They claim shipping in August 2024...

Only 1400 backers, so they found someone willing to make a very small batch of these.
    03-27-24 01:46 PM
    Hmm...where do I even start with this one

1. The project founder is not a tech guy. Ok, not a deal breaker but the company he's supposedly the head of is closed down.

2. The company purpose is a laughable tangle of jargon:
    Developer of a social networking platform designed to create, explore, share and engage people of similar interests in accessible community forums. The company's platform facilitates content creation and navigation that helps to view the user's forum's gallery section that includes current posts updated by the user, enabling them toaccess to endless flexibility to personalize and define their social experience, while presenting useful feedback and data to the world.

2. The platform is Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter. You do NOT get your money back from Indiegogo. Not to mention it has a success rate of 9%
    Minimal Phone with QWERTY Keyboard-indiegogo-success-rate.jpg

3. Last but certainly not least, the founder has legal issues regardiing money.
    Minimal Phone with QWERTY Keyboard-court-filing.jpg This is certainly the zinger.

Reading the Indiegogo backer's discussion page, it never ceases to amaze me how willing people are to wire hundreds of dollars to someone or something they don't do any research on. Absolutely mind boggling.

@coffee-turtle, don't fall for this one . @jobtate, here you go, another Peter Franklin moment for us LOL.

EDIT: For complete disambiguation, don't get me wrong, I would love for them to succeed. I will buy one at full price if it goes retail. The added protection of reality is worth the extra it will cost me.
    Last edited by Ph1llip; 03-28-24 at 12:32 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-28-24 12:03 PM
    It's not real until TechOdyssey Adam signs an NDA and swears this is coming.

Hmm...where do I even start with this one

1. The project founder is not a tech guy. Ok, not a deal breaker but the company he's supposedly the head of is closed down.

2. The company purpose is a laughable tangle of jargon:
    Developer of a social networking platform designed to create, explore, share and engage people of similar interests in accessible community forums. The company's platform facilitates content creation and navigation that helps to view the user's forum's gallery section that includes current posts updated by the user, enabling them toaccess to endless flexibility to personalize and define their social experience, while presenting useful feedback and data to the world.

2. The platform is Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter. You do NOT get your money back from Indiegogo. Not to mention it has a success rate of 9%
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Indiegogo success rate.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	454172

3. Last but certainly not least, the founder has legal issues regardiing money.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Court filing.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	454173 This is certainly the zinger.

Reading the Indiegogo backer's discussion page, it never ceases to amaze me how willing people are to wire hundreds of dollars to someone or something they don't do any research on. Absolutely mind boggling.

@coffee-turtle, don't fall for this one . @jobtate, here you go, another Peter Franklin moment for us LOL.
    03-28-24 12:29 PM
    It's not real until TechOdyssey Adam signs an NDA and swears this is coming.
    Don't forget Hoytbowhunter's second cousin twice removed who works at AT&T who will have the inside track on this. Bonus: voicemail recording saying it's coming.
    03-28-24 12:37 PM
    Don't forget Hoytbowhunter's second cousin twice removed who works at AT&T who will have the inside track on this. Bonus: voicemail recording saying it's coming.
    Hahaha. Oh man - my day has been made.
    03-28-24 12:55 PM
    You guys are too funny.... but it's a sad kind of funny.
    03-28-24 01:45 PM
    LMFAO - it’s that dark humor funny like frozen iguanas and dead monkeys falling outta trees
    03-29-24 07:07 AM
    I know the founder's manufacturing team, phones will start shopping from sep24
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    03-30-24 08:09 PM
    I as well as others am personally less optimistic.
    04-03-24 09:46 AM
    Well that's awesome except for the fact that we've had people know people who know people and it turned out those people along with the others in the daisy chain didn't know it was just a scam
    04-04-24 03:49 PM
    I m little worried now, I really hope this isn’t one scam :-(
    04-04-24 08:36 PM
33 12