iPad Air catches fire in store, forces evacuation - The Times of India

I wonder if they hired the national army to "obtain" this unit (since it happened in a store. Gotta upgrade from apartment-storming SWAT)
    11-10-13 11:30 AM
    Couldn't help but laugh at this, was just funny to read the thread title while scrolling

Hope no one got any damage whatsoever

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 11:59 AM
    Hope they figure out what caused it.
    11-10-13 12:02 PM
    Got to be careful with those lithium batteries. I wonder what Apple did to try to squeeze out more battery life in a thinner and smaller device. Hopefully they didn't use nuclear power
    11-10-13 12:04 PM
    Its not an ipad air. Its a normal ipad of some sort.

iPad Air catches fire in store-article-0-1948797f00000578-291_634x416.jpg

Its too square IMO
    11-10-13 03:42 PM
    Its not an ipad air. Its a normal ipad of some sort.

Its too square IMO
    According to the article, Apple is in possession of this device. They haven't disputed that it's an iPad Air.
    11-10-13 03:55 PM
    According to the article, Apple is in possession of this device. They haven't disputed that it's an iPad Air.
    Well if that's a picture of the actual device, then it's not an iPad air. Either the picture is wrong, or the headline is wrong. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Either way, hope nobody was hurt.
    11-10-13 04:15 PM
    11-10-13 05:12 PM
    LOL, raino's parade got rained on again.

Either a 3rd party charger or an old (frayed from in store use) will be the culprit.
    11-13-13 08:59 AM
    LOL, raino's parade got rained on again.

Either a 3rd party charger or an old (frayed from in store use) will be the culprit.
    Yup. That's exactly what happened at a carrier store. Third party or an old charger that wasn't replaced

Take your fanboy blinders off every once in a while.
    11-13-13 11:07 AM
    Yeah, because they explode daily just like blackberries....

Boy burned as BlackBerry phone 'bursts into flames' - Telegraph

See, anyone can come here and report bull**** as fact, you do it often. You're so happy to jump on anything negative in the press toward Apple that you forget to think, or let the facts come to light. As I said, it'll be a charger issue at the end of the day and yes, in a high use environment like a carrier store the chargers experience "wear". That's just a thing and the store should be responsible for the safety of their customers by inspecting the equipment.

Yup. That's exactly what happened at a carrier store. Third party or an old charger that wasn't replaced

Take your fanboy blinders off every once in a while.
    Last edited by xandermac; 11-13-13 at 11:27 AM.
    11-13-13 11:11 AM
    Publicity stunt, sponsored by the new Hunger Games

Posted by Z10
    11-13-13 11:27 AM
    Yeah, because they explode daily just like blackberries....

Boy burned as BlackBerry phone 'bursts into flames' - Telegraph
    LOL. The boy with the exploding Curve. Aren't we grasping for straws. What happened with that incident, do tell? Actually, don't bother. I'll do it for you:

"A senior member of our team met with the family yesterday to initiate a full investigation into this matter," the statement read. "In order to proceed with this investigation we require the products that were involved in this incident to be made available for a full technical review. At this point in time the family has not provided RIM with the battery or charger for analysis and have said they are unable to locate the device itself. We have a team on standby to conduct this investigation as a priority as soon as the family makes these products available to us."
    See, anyone can come here and report bull**** as fact, you do it often. You're so happy to jump on anything negative in the press toward Apple that you forget to think, or let the facts come to light.
    Yep. An iPad exploded in a store, and that's "bull****," not a fact. I'll give you that it was misreported in a lot of places as an iPad Air, but that must be my fault too. I control the anti-Apple media!

As I said, it'll be a charger issue at the end of the day and yes, in a high use environment like a carrier store the chargers experience "wear". That's just a thing and the store should be responsible for the safety of their customers by inspecting the equipment.
    Who's presenting opinion as fact now?
    11-13-13 12:28 PM
    As I said "Anyone can come here and report bull**** as fact" (the bb story). It requires a little thought to actually stick to the "facts" and i'll wait until the facts are actually revealed before celebrating Apples demise. In the mean time its obvious that my charger claim is merely speculation on my behalf, or I assumed it was obvious to most people anyway.

"Either a 3rd party charger or an old (frayed from in store use) will be the culprit." Self explanatory, no?

LOL. The boy with the exploding Curve. Aren't we grasping for straws. What happened with that incident, do tell? Actually, don't bother. I'll do it for you:

Yep. An iPad exploded in a store, and that's "bull****," not a fact. I'll give you that it was misreported in a lot of places as an iPad Air, but that must be my fault too. I control the anti-Apple media!

Who's presenting opinion as fact now?
    11-13-13 12:36 PM
    12-10-13 04:21 PM