Talk about Apple being secretive about privacy and personal data:

iOS 7 ‘frequent locations’ setting raises privacy concerns with users, experts | Globalnews.ca
    10-18-13 02:41 AM
    I have no problem with Frequent Locations or with Google Now learning where I go. It knows my routine. I live in one of the most congested areas in the country in terms of traffic. I love when Google Now lets me know that traffic is snarled so I can choose another option.

The only reason I would be creeped out is if I go to creepy places and wanted to keep these creepy places secret. Example - if I started frequenting a crack house and my phone learned that as a frequent location. Or if I took up with my boss and it learned our meeting place.

As far as not knowing the settings, I review them all. As should everyone else. There are some things that are incumbent upon the user. Example - before I start driving I do a scan of my car's dash and my surroundings. I don't just take off. Same thing.
    10-18-13 04:49 AM
    Doesn't it make you spend more time fiddling with things rather than "Keep Moving"?
    10-19-13 06:20 PM
    Google and Tesla were ahead of Apple in this feature. I think this is one feature where the convenience to me definitely outweighs any privacy concerns.
    10-19-13 06:45 PM
    It raises zero concerns for me because, well, I turned it off with the easily found "off" switch.

Twitter: xandermac
    10-20-13 08:42 AM
    It raises zero concerns for me because, well, I turned it off with the easily found "off" switch.

Twitter: xandermac
    BUT, , if Blackberry Marketing was smart enough, they could play in to the fears to generate some sales. :P
    10-23-13 03:28 AM
    They absolutely could, until its revealed that bb users are tracked just as much. We're now even being tracked inside Malls by mac address and you have to "opt out" for it to stop.

http://www.mediapost.com/publication...#axzz2iY2wjdJ0

http://www.infoworld.com/d/the-indus...he-mall-218630

BUT, , if Blackberry Marketing was smart enough, they could play in to the fears to generate some sales. :P
    10-23-13 08:36 AM
    Do we have that kind of issue up north in Canada? That is one question I would like to find out.....
    10-23-13 05:41 PM