09-27-14 12:05 AM
    Smh where in that is secured??

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 03:17 AM
    You do realise that blackberry passes this sort of information to law agencies as well when requested.
    I fail to see what point you are trying to make.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-27-14 03:41 AM
    Moved to other platforms

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-27-14 03:48 AM
    posting on a crackberry forum using a stupid android... thats my point! dont you think??? get real! use a real phone, not a toy!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:14 AM
    the toy argument lol
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-27-14 09:19 AM
    Was watching 60 minutes tonight and the first segment of the show was an interview with the U.S. FBI director, James Comey. The discussion centered around terrorism, ISIS, and cyber-terrorism /crime.

Not surprisingly, he said cyber-crime is running rampant, mostly originating from China. I couldn't help but thinking back to last year when I thought it was in the news that the FBI dumped their BlackBerries for Samsungs?? ....lol

Anyways, at the end they said to tune in next week for the next part of the interview where they'll discuss whether the FBI is snooping on Americans and why the director "thinks the new IPhone could be a threat to national security".

Should be an interesting watch if anyone's interested....

Also, here's a link for the transcript to tonight's segment:

FBI Director James Comey on threat of ISIS, cybercrime - CBS News

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    10-05-14 08:07 PM
    I'm in.

Let's see if they ask him what phone he's using

Thanks for posting.

Posted via CB10
    peeknflow likes this.
    10-05-14 09:00 PM
    Anyways, at the end they said to tune in next week for the next part of the interview where they'll discuss whether the FBI is snooping on Americans and why the director "thinks the new IPhone could be a threat to national security".

FBI Director James Comey on threat of ISIS, cybercrime - CBS News

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, this is an ongoing Reverse-Psychology-Covert marketing ploy by the Fruit.

The FBI in particular is crying that the iPhone is TOO SECURE that they can't hack it if it is locked, therefore it is a "Security Threat".
    So if they catch a terrorist and he has an iPhone6, then they can't get to his phone easily.

There has been a change in Apple's iPhone 6 encryption that does not use any master encryption keys, so the FBI has to do the hard work and use supercomputers to crack the encryption.

Read about this about a week ago, don't have the link to the article, sorry.
    peeknflow and sentimentGX4 like this.
    10-05-14 09:10 PM
    Unfortunately, this is an ongoing Reverse-Psychology-Covert marketing ploy by the Fruit.

The FBI in particular is crying that the iPhone is TOO SECURE that they can't hack it if it is locked, therefore it is a "Security Threat".
    So if they catch a terrorist and he has an iPhone6, then they can't get to his phone easily.

There has been a change in Apple's iPhone 6 encryption that does not use any master encryption keys, so the FBI has to do the hard work and use supercomputers to crack the encryption.

Read about this about a week ago, don't have the link to the article, sorry.
    Ah, that would make sense I guess.....i think I read something about that as well. But, is this any different than the encryption available on BlackBerry phones (I mean on the device)? Or android?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 09:21 PM

Let's see if they ask him what phone he's using

Posted via CB10
    Lol, let's hope he says a Passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 09:27 PM
    The difference is the majority of the population is using the iPhone and Android. BlackBerry was a thing of the past for obvious reasons.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    10-05-14 09:28 PM
    Ah, that would make sense I guess.....i think I read something about that as well. But, is this any different than the encryption available on BlackBerry phones (I mean on the device)? Or android?

Posted via CB10
    The issue with the new iPhone encryption is that, while it won't be technically feasible for Apple to give access to individual devices, most users make use of the iCloud service to backup most data anyway. Anything that's held in their infrastructure is still within the reach of a government investigation.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I do think it was marketed in a misleading way to give people a false sense of security.

Posted via CB10
    peeknflow likes this.
    10-05-14 09:29 PM
    BlackBerry was a thing of the past for obvious reasons.
    Obvious reasons? Can you elaborate before many blackberrians get offended?

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    peeknflow likes this.
    10-05-14 09:31 PM
    The issue with the new iPhone encryption is that, while it won't be technically feasible for Apple to give access to individual devices, most users make use of the iCloud service to backup most data anyway. Anything that's held in their infrastructure is still within the reach of a government investigation.
    Very true.

I don't see why he would single out the iPhone anyways, other than encryption is apparently enabled by default now and so many people use one?

I mean, I could encrypt all my data also (not that I need to) but he doesn't mention other platforms? Seems odd....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by peeknflow; 10-05-14 at 10:37 PM.
    10-05-14 09:47 PM
    The iPhone cannot be that hard to hack....naked celeb photos, anyone???

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:01 PM
    The iPhone cannot be that hard to hack....naked celeb photos, anyone???

Posted via CB10
    Phones were not hacked at all, it was the icloud accounts. But I guess that you did not read that.
    10-05-14 11:06 PM
    Either way....its still Apple. if "cloud" can be hacked, then there is an easy in on the phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:14 PM
    Cloud is not encrypted. iOS, Mac OR, and Windows have shipped with NSA back doors for some time.

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    10-05-14 11:17 PM
    I'd say the next iPhone is more likely "too secure" than "not secure enough" as well. The major iPhone security change is added encryption. The level of security for average citizens best for national security on their phone is close to none.

As you may be aware, Blackberries are used by many terrorists and criminal organizations and cited by states such as India and Indonesia as a security threat. Hence the Blackberry data centers that were forced to be built in those nations. The more secure a device is the riskier it is for national security, typically.

iPhone can't hurt national security by being any more insecure since it's not like it was super secure before. The only meaningful change is for it to become more secure.
    10-06-14 12:05 AM
    Thread's merged with existing discussion on this...
    10-06-14 12:13 AM
    posting on a crackberry forum using a stupid android... thats my point! dont you think??? get real! use a real phone, not a toy!

Posted via CB10
    I do have real phone. What part of my phone is a toy. *****

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    10-06-14 12:39 AM