Hi!

As I already mentioned in another thread, a group of guys is working on the development of another keyboard phone.

But at the moment they are not making progress because they can't reach a common opinion about one option:

Does a keyboard phone à la PRIV still have a chance on the market today?

BlackBerry Mobile had developed a prototype slider as an option for a successor to the KEY2. Unfortunately we know that they have thrown in the towel.

Apart from the other specs, how do you see the general chances for a slider in today's market?

Thanks for your opinion.

Paulelmar18
    05-03-20 06:53 PM
    Much to my dismay, I think the market has clearly indicated that there is no viable consumer desire for ANY physical keyboard form-factors.

To therefore keep things accessible from kickstarter-land, designs need to be as generic and cheap as possible.
    Last edited by conite; 05-03-20 at 08:50 PM.
    05-03-20 08:15 PM
    The related benefits of using a kickstarter format at least from data gathering standpoint is that requiring actual money up front provides far better statistical accuracy

Posted via CB10
    05-10-20 11:01 AM
    I would be all over a priv format and also would be interested in any other format the new 5G device that's rumors around would present. It would satisfy my need for a physical keyboard phone for the foreseeable future. If I survive.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    08-19-20 02:08 PM
    May I ask if this project is still alive?
    09-12-20 02:22 AM
    May I ask if this project is still alive?
    I believe OP might have been referencing Onward Mobility since it was stated they visit CB occasionally.
    09-12-20 06:34 AM
    I believe OP might have been referencing Onward Mobility since it was stated they visit CB occasionally.
    That could indeed be the case. Well, hopefully by now they've reached the sensible decision of going with a slider.
    09-13-20 01:47 AM