Soooo...I'll just leave this here.

Apple sells record 9 million iPhones on opening weekend | iMore

Apple Sells 9*Million IPhones in Debut Weekend - Bloomberg
    Last edited by mikeo007; 09-23-13 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Added another link
    09-23-13 08:15 AM
    Just read this. That's pretty impressive for the first weekend on sale. I guess people like the toys after all.
    09-23-13 08:17 AM
    I dont think anyone (or anyone that thought about it) had any doubts Apple would sell a crap ton of phones. They have an extremely loyal fan base, but they also appeal to a wide array of people.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-23-13 08:17 AM
    That's nice.
    09-23-13 08:18 AM
    Of course they did. I mean, I read in this forum that Apple paid to botch the BBM launch on Android.

Thus, it's clear that BBM is fueling sales of the iPhone. It's dead without it.

Try and keep up, Mike. Try.
    09-23-13 08:18 AM
    Wow! Just wow!...
    09-23-13 08:19 AM
    Apple may be good at Marketing, Design, and the total user experience, but the company excels at execution. Even the fact that they'll probably run out of stock will work so much to their benefit from a marketing standpoint most will think it's planned.

It's only been a couple weeks since the phones were announced, and bam they're released and ready to go.
    ssinghb likes this.
    09-23-13 08:20 AM
    iPhone 5s ship times are now in October.
    09-23-13 08:21 AM
    Not exactly impressed as my predictions estimated big numbers. There seems to be a lot of "brand new fully sealed" iPhone5s' on ebay.
    09-23-13 08:25 AM
    It just goes to show, people DO speak with their wallets.

Even CB Kevin got in on the action.

They are damn good phones. You don't have to like them, you don't have to use them, but you can't deny that Apple makes an extremely solid and sought-after product.
    09-23-13 08:27 AM
    Not exactly impressed

No, Seriously

Last edited by xandermac; 09-23-13 at 08:40 AM.
    09-23-13 08:27 AM
    They do sell a lot of phones, but that UI is absolutely the ugliest thing I have ever seen.
    09-23-13 08:34 AM
    They do sell a lot of phones, but that UI is absolutely the ugliest thing I have ever seen.
    I am very much not a fan of the colors of the UI, but the experience is something that is very easy to use, and that is what the majority of people want.
    DWPGQ and LP_Rigg like this.
    09-23-13 08:37 AM
    How long have you used BlackBerry phones?
    cwalt2166 and akaquietstorm like this.
    09-23-13 08:38 AM
    I bought a Gold iPhone 5S on launch day as well, and I have to admit, it's freaking well built. The iPhone 5 design still looks good after a year. Their phones also retain their value well.

Attachment 204660

I remember when I bought my z10, It costs a little more than an iPhone 5. Fast forward to today... we all know how it is...

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:43 AM
    With the exception of the colour scheme for the icons, it is by far the nicest UI (iOS7 that is) that I have ever seen or used. The gaussian blur effects help to keep context, and the physics and particle engines that are actually running the UI make for some amazing animations. It's something that no other OS has done successfully until now.
    helio9965 and LP_Rigg like this.
    09-23-13 08:45 AM
    09-23-13 08:46 AM
    I wonder if they'll write a story about the sales in the second weekend. Amazing how media falls for this obviously planned hype. Apple is using the same approach as movie studios. They used to have a rolled release, now openings are the same date all over the world for blockbusters. Reason: if reviews are bad people have already gone so it doesn't matter.

Here's a headline you'll read later this year: iPhone 5s fails to halt Apple's decline in market share of smartphones. Sorry Mikeo007, but even you know it's true. If you don't think so count yourself as an apple fan boy.
    09-23-13 08:46 AM
    With the exception of the colour scheme for the icons, it is by far the nicest UI (iOS7 that is) that I have ever seen or used. The gaussian blur effects help to keep context, and the physics and particle engines that are actually running the UI make for some amazing animations. It's something that no other OS has done successfully until now.
    LOL!
    09-23-13 08:47 AM
    Of course they did. I mean, I read in this forum that Apple paid to botch the BBM launch on Android.

Thus, it's clear that BBM is fueling sales of the iPhone. It's dead without it.

Try and keep up, Mike. Try.
    lol
    09-23-13 08:47 AM
    I kinda like iOS7 too. There are some areas where I find the design has been vastly improved, but there are areas where I just went "WTF!". Lol. But overall I think it's a nice step forward, and a good start. Something they can improve on year after year.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:48 AM
    Wow! Just wow!...
    You are kidding I hope. Do you know there are almost a billion android phones out there 9 million is a spit in the bucket and most sold to existing iPhone owners. Now if they sell this every weekend I'll be impressed.
    09-23-13 08:50 AM
    I kinda like iOS7 too. There are some areas where I find the design has been vastly improved, but there are areas where I just went "WTF!". Lol. But overall I think it's a nice step forward, and a good start. Something they can improve on year after year.

Posted via CB10
    I like it, but agree. It is not as intuitive as iOS 6 and prior and it looks a bit like multiple people had input, creating some inconsistencies. Overall I like the look, it runs well, and I like the new improvements.
    09-23-13 08:52 AM
    You are kidding I hope. Do you know there are almost a billion android phones out there 9 million is a spit in the bucket and most sold to existing iPhone owners. Now if they sell this every weekend I'll be impressed.
    and how many android phones out there sell at iphone price? most of it are cheap phones, buy 1 get 1 free, sprint had a deal while ago for buy 1 s4 get 1 free, we're talking about S4, samsung flagship!
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    09-23-13 08:55 AM
    Settle down champ. Android phones are made by dozens of manufacturers, across all phone tiers. Compare high-end to high-end and nothing comes close to these numbers.

As for "most sold to existing iPhone owners"...love to see your proof of that. Go ahead and try to find a random google link with a survey using a tiny sample size, I'll wait.
    09-23-13 08:59 AM
94 123 ...