10-18-13 12:13 PM
97 1234
tools
    Because the American economy is not doing too well. I noticed when I last visited my grandmother a month ago. Gotta keep the money and the jobs in the country.

Posted via CB10
    So what jobs are here besides assembling foreign cars? Apple products aren't made here, most androids are not made here. So again why?
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-15-13 03:06 PM
    So what jobs are here besides assembling foreign cars? Apple products aren't made here, most androids are not made here. So again why?
    Where does the majority of margins go to? The manufacturer or the company?

Iphones are made in China for a song. Samsung phones are so price competitive it's Google that comes out on top of that deal. Especially considering the data mining aspect and google play.

Jobs meaning every employee of apple and google as well as their supporting industries.

I'm not trying to offend you. Its economics.

Anyways in business it's war and all is fair I guess.

But I do have an axe to grind with the media.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 03:16 PM

Iphones are made in China for a song. Samsung phones are so price competitive it's Google that comes out on top of that deal. Especially considering the data mining aspect and google play.

Jobs meaning every employee of apple and google as well as their supporting industries.

Posted via CB10
    I just believe there is no conspiracy. I believe you reap what you sow. Sure our country has it's problems but they all do and it's still the best one that people still lie cheat and steal to get into. I have no issues with Canada and the way they do things even if I don't agree.
    richardat and Poirots Progeny like this.
    10-15-13 03:21 PM
    Because the American economy is not doing too well. I noticed when I last visited my grandmother a month ago. Gotta keep the money and the jobs in the country.

Posted via CB10
    This nonsense again? Well good thing bb10 is catching traction with the rest of the world....
    10-15-13 03:28 PM
    I just believe there is no conspiracy. I believe you reap what you sow. Sure our country has it's problems but they all do and it's still the best one that people still lie cheat and steal to get into. I have no issues with Canada and the way they do things even if I don't agree.
    Of course...it's the same silly conspiracy theory that goes around here over and over...as ridiculously implausible as it seems. Of course, since the media, nor sales, have been any kinder to BB elsewhere, we're forced to assume that, with the downturn of the American economy, the world media - as disparate a group as that would seem to be - decided to take down BB....to help AmericaAAA!!! LOL. This coincidently coincided with a long string of lackluster products, bugs, flaws, missed deadlines, and broken promises by BB.....but that again: coincidence. It is clear that the world media is to blame!!! (they finally got to Obama too....he wasn't with the program before, but couldn't do anything about it, lest Neil Jarvis from IT world take him down! All governments know: don't cross Jarvis.)
    10-15-13 03:36 PM
    I have no issue here too but don't you think even just a little that blackberry is getting a bit too much negative attention for what it is? I mean it's a tiny little company now. Less than 5bil market cap. Compared to the behemoths of apple and google.

They are employing less than 40 percent of their workforce from 2 years ago and it seems that everything they are doing right now is to try to keep the company going almost desperately. They have retreated. Maybe to fight another day maybe not. So why the constant bashing? Why is the public so interested in blackberry?

I just hope the other 20k people get to keep their jobs with out the scutinising eyes of the media.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-15-13 03:38 PM
    This made me chuckle.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 03:42 PM
    Just received the open letter via Email from Blackberry.

Finally making use of that database, well... its a start.
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-15-13 03:44 PM
    I have no issue here too but don't you think even just a little that blackberry is getting a bit too much negative attention for what it is? I mean it's a tiny little company now. Less than 5bil market cap. Compared to the behemoths of apple and google.

They are employing less than 40 percent of their workforce from 2 years ago and it seems that everything they are doing right now is to try to keep the company going almost desperately. They have retreated. Maybe to fight another day maybe not. So why the constant bashing? Why is the public so interested in blackberry?

I just hope the other 20k people get to keep their jobs with out the scutinising eyes of the media.

Posted via CB10
    They sure get a lot of attention but that happens when the competition is eating your lunch and you use to be the top dog. So much so that still years later the competition is still eating your lunch, you finally come out with what should be a competitive product but yet it's still missing things. It's to the point of being tragic and people love tragedies. Being a tiny or huge company makes no difference what does is what you're doing and not taking forever to do it.

My thought is if the Z came out with only minor issues instead of the random rebooting fiasco and had most the apps claimed as being there they would he in much better shape today but they didn't.
    10-15-13 03:54 PM
    If this is journalism..Lord help us all...I'll stick to watching drivel on T.V thanks
    Houshinto and badiyee like this.
    10-15-13 03:56 PM
    how is this BS? At the very least they are doing something. Damn be doing, damned not be doing. What do you expect them to do? You got a better solution that doesn't have to use a time machine?
    Because they haven't DONE anything. Just talk. They even manage to blow sunshine about BBM and BES.

I tell my sons to not tell me what they are going to do, show me. Same for BB. They aren't doing anything, just talking about it.
    Savior4Life likes this.
    10-15-13 03:57 PM
    This is a totally fair response to BB's BS letter.
    Wow. Someone's pretty bitter. And I'm not talking about the articles author. He's just being a smarmy jack-arse. I'd expect this type of unprofessional sophomoric snark in a college newspaper not a legit technology website.

On second thought: It is an editorial, I guess.
    10-15-13 04:00 PM
    Because they haven't DONE anything. Just talk. They even manage to blow sunshine about BBM and BES.

I tell my sons to not tell me what they are going to do, show me. Same for BB. They aren't doing anything, just talking about it.
    They've done quite a bit actually given the pressures and sentiment against them. Have they done enough? Not by a long shot. But they aren't calling it quits either, unlike what many of the detractors want to spin it as.

And as for the parenting advice/analogy, whatever works for you an your boys is great. But don't assume that all children respond well to that.
    10-15-13 04:04 PM

In the last 2 months. I think the Z30 was launched almost ahead of time. The Q5 and Q10 was launched on time. BES 10 has gotten it's update with cloud and BBOS7 support. BES has also been heavily discounted. Nato approval.

BlackBerry 10 is shaping up nicely for not even a year old OS.

I can't defend BBM.

I say overall they have most certainly tried.

But I understand everyone's lost of patience.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, Toodeurep and jafrul like this.
    10-15-13 04:07 PM
    This was hilarious ! ROTFL XD

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:10 PM
    That's the reason I don't read anything that ZDNet write; they're vile.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    10-15-13 04:12 PM
    Seems pretty accurate to me. Best in class social network, LMAO! What class...? The majority of BB10 social networking apps are horrible compared to their counterparts.
    10-15-13 04:21 PM
    In the last 2 months. I think the Z30 was launched almost ahead of time. The Q5 and Q10 was launched on time. BES 10 has gotten it's update with cloud and BBOS7 support. BES has also been heavily discounted. Nato approval.

BlackBerry 10 is shaping up nicely for not even a year old OS.

I can't defend BBM.

I say overall they have most certainly tried.

But I understand everyone's lost of patience.

Posted via CB10
    Where did you see a timeline for phone release dates to know that they were early or on time?

BES 10 might be great, but the numbers they throw around have been out for a while now and still include test installs.

NATO approval is good. Sales to fulfill that approval would be good.

BB10 the OS is good. The sales are horrendous. BBRY set the bar, and they haven't even gotten close.

This isn't the first instance of BlackBerry over promising and under delivering.

And thank you, for not trying to make excuses about the abomination that is XBBM.
    10-15-13 04:22 PM
    how is this BS? At the very least they are doing something. Damn be doing, damned not be doing. What do you expect them to do? You got a better solution that doesn't have to use a time machine?
    Talk is cheap.

Q: "What do I expect them to do?"

A: "Do"
    10-15-13 04:28 PM
    in my past experience, when the people in charge tell you not to panic, THAT is when you should start panicking.
    10-15-13 04:35 PM
    Cyberspace Journos with little imagination, even less to offer and a sycophantic sense of humour CAN be payed actual money to twist somebody's words! Unbelievable...
    (There's hope for every High School drop-out yet)

Z10 via CB10
    The Blackberry ad is an attempt to lure all corporate customers and consumers into buying products because no one is buying anything in this uncertain time...that's the meaning of the letter..they are desperate.
    10-15-13 04:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    you should kiss the US because without them you will be poorer than Africa..what do you have that is not American owned? only Blackberry, a failing company that no one wants to buy
    10-15-13 04:40 PM
    Funny but quite amateur-ish for an editorial (if this really is an editorial).

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:41 PM
    I can do better than their article, this video clip to me is what was going on inside BlackBerry as they wrote the letter

10-15-13 04:43 PM
    Cyberspace Journos with little imagination, even less to offer and a sycophantic sense of humour CAN be payed actual money to twist somebody's words! Unbelievable...
    (There's hope for every High School drop-out yet)

Z10 via CB10
    Pity that with trying to cram all those BIG words into one pithy reply you could not be bothered to spell paid correctly.
    Roo Zilla and m1a1mg like this.
    10-15-13 04:56 PM
97 1234