06-13-14 10:49 AM
54 123
tools
    Yeah, I was happy to get rid of my z10 for that reason. My phone would be dead by lunch. Worst phone battery since the galaxy ii. Q10 gets me through the day, and Z30 will last almost 2 full days.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 06:23 PM
    I could say my Bold 9780 easily got 25% more battery life but that doesn't make my personal experiences as credible as a fairly decent (even if relatively non-scientific) battery test by a reputable tech blog.

The Z30 has a big battery. Great. The SoC power management doesn't even hold a candle to what QC did in the S800-class CPUs, which is what phones like the G2 and Note 3 use.

And keep in mind those phones do (did?) what they do with 1080p screens and in some cases a ton more sensors than what is in the Z30.

And do we really need a "Sky is falling!" thread every time a tech blog doesn't include a blackberry device in some comparison. Would people be complaining if they omitted it from a camera comparison? They did, and yet I see no thread here wailing about it...
    You're entitled to say a lot of things. I could really care less about the article. However, since I have owned both of the phones and used them simultaneously, I felt like offering my own personal experience with the devices. I could just as easily shut off all of the features on an iphone 4 and say that the battery lasts for 4 days. Sure, it's a review by a reputable tech website, and it's no secret that Blackberry isn't the most popular smartphone brand anymore, but that doesn't change my opinion. G2 is a solid phone and if I could tolerate android as a daily driver, I'd still use it, but I prefer BB10. So... if you don't like my opinion, feel free to comment. I just happen to think that the review that they posted is skewed and doesn't accurately reflect the devices capabilities, regardless of whether they mentioned the Z30 or not. That wasn't my point. It's all subjective anyway.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-14 06:36 PM
    The real story and cause for alarm would be if BGR DID include the Z30 in their little test...

Posted via CB10
    06-13-14 02:31 AM
    You're entitled to say a lot of things. I could really care less about the article. However, since I have owned both of the phones and used them simultaneously, I felt like offering my own personal experience with the devices. I could just as easily shut off all of the features on an iphone 4 and say that the battery lasts for 4 days. Sure, it's a review by a reputable tech website, and it's no secret that Blackberry isn't the most popular smartphone brand anymore, but that doesn't change my opinion. G2 is a solid phone and if I could tolerate android as a daily driver, I'd still use it, but I prefer BB10. So... if you don't like my opinion, feel free to comment. I just happen to think that the review that they posted is skewed and doesn't accurately reflect the devices capabilities, regardless of whether they mentioned the Z30 or not. That wasn't my point. It's all subjective anyway.

Posted via CB10
    I find your comments to be useful and a provided info. People's personal experiences are totally relevant in my opinion, IF they provide some information on the different devices as you did.

I find there are far too many people just saying BlackBerry is the best and how dare they not include the Z30. That isn't useful at all.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by crazigee; 06-13-14 at 04:35 PM.
    06-13-14 10:49 AM
54 123