06-01-14 05:37 PM
265 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I update the post with some numbers for BB Z3 sales.
    05-18-14 12:46 PM
    05-18-14 12:53 PM
    Feeling good about it

Beware - MAJ on Z10 !!!
    05-18-14 02:14 PM
    I think part of the success here was BlackBerry actually tried using the M-word.

Edit: I am not sure if we are allowed to say it, but what the hell? MARKETING!
    AHHH! Thought hast uttered the word that shall remain unspoken within the Blackberry realm....
    05-18-14 02:19 PM
    How about China?
    The Z3 will not be competitive in China as it is considered too expensive as there are plenty of Android phones there with higher specs & at lower prices.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 03:15 PM
    I had tried my friend's Z3. The camera and screen resolution are such disappointments. For USD 200 it is still not a great price tag to android devices. BlackBerry tendency over pricing device is still there, shute..

God has not forsaken BlackBerry 10
    05-18-14 03:19 PM
    Is it selling like hotcakes?
    No, hotcakes are available in a lot of places not just Indonesia.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 03:49 PM
    I don't think the Z3 will be a big success... at least not for a long time!

Every month, there are coming new budget androids with a hell of a spec sheet.

So how can BlackBerry win this fight?
    Build every month a new phone? NO!

BlackBerry has to market BB10!!!
    People will see that this OS has a lot of value! (the secret of apple is btw iOS, and not there awesome phone)

BB10 is and has to be the solution not Z3!

In 2 months nobody will care about the Z3...

Visit my Channel C00121417 ?
    05-18-14 03:56 PM
    How about China?
    1/ Blackberry Z3 is not a competitively priced phone, esp. not in China. China is home to OEMs such as Oppo, Meizu, etc.
    2/ Blackberry never had any consumer presence in China. EVER.

If Blackberry thought it could win China, you'd think that'd be its first priority. There is a much larger populace in China that also happens to be much wealthier than Indonesians. As it is, China is not a Blackberry stronghold.

Actually, none of East Asia paid much attention to Blackberry ever. For whatever reason Blackberry's products simply never appealed to them. I think it happens to be a combination of a fascination with high tech products (as in high specs and hardware gimmicks) as well as a strong culture of nationalism. Many Koreans, Chinese, and Japanese actually do buy products solely for the reason it came from their country.

I would describe East Asia as Blackberry's weakest market globally where it was irrelevant even during its heyday. It's a market Blackberry will have extreme trouble cracking.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 05-18-14 at 04:15 PM.
    Bishkin, JeepBB and Loc22 like this.
    05-18-14 04:04 PM
    Nice. Good news so far. Go BlackBerry Indonesia!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 04:07 PM
    I don't think the Z3 will be a big success... at least not for a long time!

Every month, there are coming new budget androids with a hell of a spec sheet.

So how can BlackBerry win this fight?
    Build every month a new phone? NO!

BlackBerry has to market BB10!!!
    People will see that this OS has a lot of value! (the secret of apple is btw iOS, and not there awesome phone)

BB10 is and has to be the solution not Z3!

In 2 months nobody will care about the Z3...

And BB will produce a new phone for BB lovers in Indonesia its called the BB classic!
    Get off the negative trip, besides you tell me what budget android phone has had people lining up for three straight days?
    Name one, please I'm very curious!
    neteng1000 likes this.
    05-18-14 04:12 PM
    Are you guys still talking about low end androids having better specs than Z3?

Ill tell you something that all androids dont have.

This powerful OS called BlackBerry 10.

A BlackBerry is a BlackBerry and it brings unique features like the hub, active frame multi tasking, BES, balance, flow its NOT an android. And there is value in a unique operating system. And if anyone cares, it has a special feature called security.

A lenovo, xiao mii, oppo, samsung, (insert whatever cheap brand here) is still an android.

BB10 - call blocking please, BBM - too many to list
    05-18-14 04:18 PM
    And BB will produce a new phone for BB lovers in Indonesia its called the BB classic!
    Get off the negative trip, besides you tell me what budget android phone has had people lining up for three straight days?
    Name one, please I'm very curious!
    BlackBerry Classic is not built specially for the Indonesian market...

05-18-14 04:43 PM
    Are you guys still talking about low end androids having better specs than Z3?

Ill tell you something that all androids dont have.

This powerful OS called BlackBerry 10.

A BlackBerry is a BlackBerry and it brings unique features like the hub, active frame multi tasking, BES, balance, flow its NOT an android. And there is value in a unique operating system. And if anyone cares, it has a special feature called security.

A lenovo, xiao mii, oppo, samsung, (insert whatever cheap brand here) is still an android.

You don't get it.... many people still don't know 'much' about BB10.
    **** the specs...
    BlackBerry has to market the OS, much more then it is now...

05-18-14 04:45 PM
    You don't get it.... many people still don't know 'much' about BB10.
    **** the specs...
    BlackBerry has to market the OS, much more then it is now...

I do get what you mean. My message wasnt pointed at you. The OS does need more exposure. Word of mouth would actually be the most effective.

It starts with US!

05-18-14 04:57 PM
    BlackBerry Classic is not built specially for the Indonesian market...

Never said it was, I just said that BB will have another phone in Indonesia very soon.
    05-18-14 04:58 PM
    Foxconn will manage the inventory well. Don't forget, the Z3 is made in Indonesia so there are additional reasons this should do well.

Actually it's not made in Indonesia yet, Hon Hai/Foxconn has been going around and around with the politicians there trying to make it happen but they have been dragging their feet.

They do plan on opening a factory there and building these there, but it's going to take a while. A lot of international companies are starting to build factories there.

In this new setup, Foxconn probably makes 90% of the profit but also carries the inventory risk.
    I would be extremely surprised if it is a 90/10 split. That's ridiculous.

I would assume blackberry is getting more than 10 dollars but I can almost certainly say it's not above 30% of profit.
    LOL. Now that's what I call back-tracking. 3:1 ratio. Nice!

The fact that Blackberry wants to keep manufacturing its own high end devices tell one of two things, 1. They won't be able to sell to Governments if it's perceived that China manufacturers all the phones (see Huawei)...
    I do believe that's a factor, but I also think it's increasingly no big deal because electronics manufacturing is already starting to move out of China because their production cost in many cases is now higher than several other places. (Including Indonesia and Mexico)
    techvisor likes this.
    05-18-14 05:35 PM
    Let's keep the vibes positive, we're all here for the same thing!

About that last part, don't be so sure about that...

The Z3 will not be competitive in China as it is considered too expensive as there are plenty of Android phones there with higher specs & at lower prices.

If people there buy products solely by looking at a spec sheet, they're not as bright as I thought.

The Android crowd emphasizes hardware specs because for all practical purposes, that's all they've got to differentiate themselves. It's a highly commoditized product.

BlackBerry should not and cannot compete in the industry on that basis alone, it is a recipe for guaranteed failure, a really stupid strategy.

I had tried my friend's Z3. The camera and screen resolution are such disappointments. For USD 200 it is still not a great price tag to android devices. BlackBerry tendency over pricing device is still there, shute..
    I'm very curious about this - what exactly was the problem?

Because the images and video I saw that were produced by the Z3 looked pretty good to me.

I grant you that the display resolution could be an issue for some people - especially with the scaling they are doing - but many devices in that price range have similiar screen resolution.

What I'm most interested in right now is seeing local reviews of the Z3, which I have not seen much of yet - at least any in-depth reviews.
    05-18-14 05:44 PM
    I would describe East Asia as Blackberry's weakest market globally where it was irrelevant even during its heyday. It's a market Blackberry will have extreme trouble cracking.

And I actually think that John Chen will be a significant help in that regard, which is one of the reasons I thought he was a good choice for CEO.

He was born in Hong Kong and is a native Chinese speaker.
    05-18-14 05:46 PM

I would be extremely surprised if it is a 90/10 split. That's ridiculous.

LOL. Now that's what I call back-tracking. 3:1 ratio. Nice!

+1000

Phew, so I am not crazy!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 05:51 PM
    I remember hearing similar stories about the Q10 when it was released here in Britain and once the dust had settled and the hype dismissed the cold truth came out that the Q10 and Z10 weren't actually selling that well at all. My money is on this being a repeat.
    techvisor likes this.
    05-18-14 06:42 PM
    The only problem I see with the Z3 and this consumer launch in indonesia and are easily accessible android apps.

These buyers will most definitely want their instagram, line naver and such.

I know we have some readily available 3rd party alternatives on BlackBerry world but those may not cut it. And for a vast number of apps there's just no alternative on BlackBerry world.

The only way I can see the consumer public receiving this device full heartedly is by having easy access to android apps though amazon app store, apk train, 1 mobile, mobogenie or best of all SNAP. This must be done from the GET GO.

I wonder if BlackBerry indonesia has helped the consumer public have easy access to these apps by either pre installing these solutions or at least giving them some information on how to go about doing it.

Not everyone is resourceful enough to research on CB or are even bothered with sideloading and such, and I do believe many would be disappointed if they cant get the apps they want immediately OTA.

Other than this though I dont see any reason why the Z3 would not do well, least of all are specs.

05-18-14 07:25 PM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Let's hope strong sales momentum can be maintained and that BlackBerry is responding to feedback and addressing any concerns from early adopters... go Z3!!!

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-18-14 07:43 PM
    Love those Android Apps Compatible on the front page.
    LOL.

Z3 sold out across Indonesia (Merchants raising pirices)-img_20140519_084330.png

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    05-18-14 07:43 PM
    Love those Android Apps Compatible on the front page.
    LOL.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140519_084330.png 
Views:	1084 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	271799

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    Thats extremely clever.

But how does the average user install androids apps is the question.

Dont get me wrong we all know how to do it but the average joe and jane would not.

05-18-14 07:46 PM
265 ... 23456 ...