06-01-14 06:37 PM
265 ... 891011
tools
    Andy very good thinking of logistics will BlackBerry implement these ideas,blackberry's biggest problem is not listening from others

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 08:52 AM
    It's a shame Android apps don't run very fast (if they run at all) and take up to 15 seconds to load.

BlackBerry needs to get 10.3 out ASAP with its (according to reports from a number sites) drastically faster Android runtime. It also (according to reports) runs a lot of Android apps that crashed on 10.2.1 (like the latest versions of Candy Crush).

Luckily, the the Z3 seems to run most Android apps on par with the Z30 (*) (due to its Adreno 305 GPU -- the same GPU in the new HTC One Mini (M8 version)). So when 10.3 comes out, that will do a lot to deflate the old app gap concerns.while providing a good user experience.

(*) - Clearly, on more demanding apps the Z30 will perform better, but on basic apps like Instagram etc... there doesn't seem to be a noticeable difference.

Posted via CB10
    I will add though that the Z3 seems to run Android faster than the Z10 / Q10.

(My experience with Android performance is entirely on the Z10)

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 04:13 PM
    If the Z3 had sold 700,000 in 8 hours, BB PR would be all over that news. I haven't seen any press release from BB, have you?
    Even 70,000 sales in 8 hours would be something you'd think BB might comment on.
    I guess we'll know for sure at June's ER. Coz, if this is true, there is no way that BB wouldn't headline that news!

JBB
    I'm sorry if BlackBerry sells 7,000,000 units of their phones in 4 hours it will still not make it in to any news on any network.

Reason being it is good news for BlackBerry. Who is interested to know about it. Nobody will be interested unless it is a story that talks bad about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    05-27-14 12:40 PM
    I'm sorry if BlackBerry sells 7,000,000 units of their phones in 4 hours it will still not make it in to any news on any network.

Reason being it is good news for BlackBerry. Who is interested to know about it. Nobody will be interested unless it is a story that talks bad about BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you that BlackBerry is not news outside of the bubble that is the BB fan sites, it's one of the major reasons I continue to visit CB or I wouldn't hear any news about BB at all!

Where I'd disagree is that if the Z3 were selling in appreciable numbers that news would be siezed upon by BB PR and sent to everyone that would listen under "BlackBerry is BACK!!!" banner headlines. Now, unless it really was 7Million sold, very few "mainstream" media outlets would be interested... that's true, but all the BB fansites and other tech-sites would be all over that news.

And it hasn't happened, so (IMO) the Z3 isn't selling in vast numbers.

I guess we'll find out for sure at the June ER. If the Z3 is selling in respectable numbers, I reckon that news will be highlighted as a separate item at the ER. If the Z3 isn't mentioned specifically, or is merely lumped in with other BB10 handset sales... well, that won't be a good sign that the Z3 is selling much at all.

Time will tell.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    05-27-14 01:13 PM
    I agree with you that BlackBerry is not news outside of the bubble that is the BB fan sites, it's one of the major reasons I continue to visit CB or I wouldn't hear any news about BB at all!

Where I'd disagree is that if the Z3 were selling in appreciable numbers that news would be siezed upon by BB PR and sent to everyone that would listen under "BlackBerry is BACK!!!" banner headlines. Now, unless it really was 7Million sold, very few "mainstream" media outlets would be interested... that's true, but all the BB fansites and other tech-sites would be all over that news.

And it hasn't happened, so (IMO) the Z3 isn't selling in vast numbers.

I guess we'll find out for sure at the June ER. If the Z3 is selling in respectable numbers, I reckon that news will be highlighted as a separate item at the ER. If the Z3 isn't mentioned specifically, or is merely lumped in with other BB10 handset sales... well, that won't be a good sign that the Z3 is selling much at all.

Time will tell.
    Agreed...will have to wait and hope for good numbers at ER

Beware - MAJ on Z10 !!!
    05-27-14 01:24 PM
    I wouldn't wait for BlackBerry to break out sales of a specific model. With the exception of the Z10 launch (the only BlackBerry 10 device on the market at the time), they've never done it. I can't think of a single time where they've broken out Bold sales vs. Curve sales vs. Torch sales etc. Usually, they are analyst guesses.

The only real indicator we'll have is if BlackBerry 10 shipments go up or if BlackBerry 10 shipments go down.
    05-28-14 05:34 AM
    I wouldn't wait for BlackBerry to break out sales of a specific model. With the exception of the Z10 launch (the only BlackBerry 10 device on the market at the time), they've never done it. I can't think of a single time where they've broken out Bold sales vs. Curve sales vs. Torch sales etc. Usually, they are analyst guesses.

The only real indicator we'll have is if BlackBerry 10 shipments go up or if BlackBerry 10 shipments go down.
    Normally, what you say would be true. BB have for example never said how many Z30's are sold. However, I'd argue that the Z3 launch is fundamentally different. Many see the success/failure of the Z3 to gain early traction as determining whether BB stays in the consumer phone game or not. I know I do.

So, no specific statement on the Z3 at the ER won't be a positive move IMO.

JBB
    05-28-14 05:57 AM
    Normally, what you say would be true. BB have for example never said how many Z30's are sold. However, I'd argue that the Z3 launch is fundamentally different.
    No disagreement on its importance for the company. I just don't think you'll see them spell it out in a "the Z3 has sold 535,000 units way".

The same arguement could have been made in the past about the launch of the Q10 (for BlackBerry upgraders), the Storm (in response to the iPhone) etc., but it's just never been done. I doubt they'll start now, even though we want them to do so. They'll report BlackBerry 10 shipments and sell-through, and maybe what they are able to report revenue on. Doubt we'll get more than that.

And they aren't the only ones that take this approach. Try to get Apple to break out the iPhone sales they report in a quarter between 5S, 5 and 5C, for example. They just don't do it.
    05-28-14 06:49 AM
    You also need to consider that the Z3 is only available in a single country and for only in the last 2 weeks of the quarter. Unless it sold like crazy, it wasn't likely to be a huge blip in the numbers anyway. It won't be until next quarter's results that we'll have an idea of how the Z3 is faring. Of course, BB will know much sooner then that, based on internal numbers, but unless things go super well, I wouldn't expect to hear a ton about it from BB.
    05-28-14 03:21 PM
    You also need to consider that the Z3 is only available in a single country and for only in the last 2 weeks of the quarter. Unless it sold like crazy, it wasn't likely to be a huge blip in the numbers anyway. It won't be until next quarter's results that we'll have an idea of how the Z3 is faring. Of course, BB will know much sooner then that, based on internal numbers, but unless things go super well, I wouldn't expect to hear a ton about it from BB.

I reckon the "Unless it sold like crazy," part is the key thing here Troy.

There is currently some fairly wild (IMO) reporting of 700,000 Z3 sold to date... and that, if true, should certainly get a mention at the ER.

I suspect that figure is actually nonsense and the true sales of the Z3 are a few thousand at best rather than near a million. And I doubt that's good enough to convince BB/Foxxconn to remain in the consumer market.

After much talk of pent up demand for a low(ish) cost BB10 handset out there, I don't see evidence of that translating into sales.

Even if the Z3 is a slow but steady seller, given the state of play, that won't be good enough.

JBB
    05-29-14 03:06 AM
    I suspect that figure is actually nonsense and the true sales of the Z3 are a few thousand at best rather than near a million. And I doubt that's good enough to convince BB/Foxxconn to remain in the consumer market.
    Perhaps, but I don't trust you for estimating sales either Even by BlackBerry trends, you land on the "ultra pessimistic" side. ;-)
    gokulesh likes this.
    05-29-14 07:20 AM
    I reckon the "Unless it sold like crazy," part is the key thing here Troy.

There is currently some fairly wild (IMO) reporting of 700,000 Z3 sold to date... and that, if true, should certainly get a mention at the ER.

After much talk of pent up demand for a low(ish) cost BB10 handset out there, I don't see evidence of that translating into sales.

Even if the Z3 is a slow but steady seller, given the state of play, that won't be good enough.

JBB
    There is no such news.... stop spreading rumors !!!!

There is news about a 700.000 rp cashback for a Z3

Visit my Channel C00121417 ? ?
    05-29-14 07:38 AM
    Perhaps, but I don't trust you for estimating sales either Even by BlackBerry trends, you land on the "ultra pessimistic" side. ;-)
    Heh, I've always prided myself on being realistic... but, I guess everything is subjective.

Though, I'm still waiting for someone here to post a photo of their "not limited edition with Jakarta on the back" Z3, which would quickly prove that more than 25,000 Z3 have been sold.

JBB
    Last edited by JeepBB; 05-29-14 at 08:10 AM.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    05-29-14 07:59 AM
    There is no such news.... stop spreading rumors !!!!

There is news about a 700.000 rp cashback for a Z3

I'm mobile atm, so I can't post links to the multiple posts where the 700,000 figure was mentioned.

Suggest you search prior to throwing accusations...

JBB
    05-29-14 08:02 AM
    I'm mobile atm, so I can't post links to the multiple posts where the 700,000 figure was mentioned.

Suggest you search prior to throwing accusations...

JBB
    Bla bla bs

05-29-14 08:10 AM
    Bla bla bs

Ah, I take that response to mean you've done the search and found the posts?

There were quite a few, should've been easy to find.

JBB
    05-29-14 08:15 AM
    Ah, I take that response to mean you've done the search and found the posts?

There were quite a few, should've been easy to find.

JBB
    Just give me your source or stop it

05-29-14 08:16 AM
    I think the Z3 is selling well but not amazing.

Chen (in an interview from a couple days ago) has characterized sales so far as "pretty good" etc... He seems relatively happy about the sales but hasn't said they've been blown away by them either.

:/

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:25 AM
    He's saving that news for the ER. He's under committing I think

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:30 AM
    I think the Z3 is selling well but not amazing.

Chen (in an interview from a couple days ago) has characterized sales so far as "pretty good" etc... He seems relatively happy about the sales but hasn't said they've been blown away by them either.

:/

Posted via CB10
    I *do* like Chen. I particularly like the way he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously... And even uses jokey quips in interviews. I think BB is better for having him in place, and I hope he'll succeed in turning BB around.
    Back on topic... Chen's fairly downbeat "pretty happy" doesn't inspire me to believe that the Z3 is selling like hot cakes, how about you?

Is "pretty good", good enough?

I guess time will tell.

Still, I guess Chen's refreshingly straightforward approach is better than the outright lying that Thor did.

Did I mention that like Chen?

JBB
    05-29-14 08:39 AM
    I *do* like Chen. I particularly like the way he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously... And even uses jokey quips in interviews. I think BB is better for having him in place, and I hope he'll succeed in turning BB around.
    Back on topic... Chen's fairly downbeat "pretty happy" doesn't inspire me to believe that the Z3 is selling like hot cakes, how about you?

Is "pretty good", good enough?

I guess time will tell.

Still, I guess Chen's refreshingly straightforward approach is better than the outright lying that Thor did.

Did I mention that like Chen?

JBB
    Yeah. Thor would have said "we are ecstatic at the amazing response we've gotten..." blah blah blah

Chen, if anything, downplays stuff. So maybe the Z3 is doing a bit better than "pretty good". But still, I don't think it's doing blowout sales.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-29-14 09:05 AM
    In the last interview he said about the Z3 sale that it is selling " quite well " which doesn't really sounds good to me...
    But whatever we will know more on June 19th...

05-29-14 09:26 AM
    I don't think they should rise the price. Lol. It sells well because of the price tag. If it is changed, then the device would be less competitive.
    Pricing is based on supply, demand and what your customer wants to pay. If they can get a higher price, that must mean people are willing to pay it. Sounds like BB didn't adequately stock the areas it was releasing.
    05-29-14 02:46 PM
  24. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Have outlets there been restocked with the z3? Or is everyone still waiting to buy?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 10:29 PM
    With a population of roughly a quarter billion a market share of only 3% would equate to about 7.5 million bb10 devices. He'll even at 1.5% that's still close to 4million devices sold through and again nothing to sneeze at
    and definitely doable at the price they're offering. We just have to wait and see what the results are.

I don't care if other people want a bb10 device I wanted one and that's all that matters.
    05-30-14 10:20 AM
265 ... 891011