Can anyone tell me whether the most loved Z10 is still in production and still doing good? The company has lost its focus on one of the best smartphone they have produced ever, with Z3 coming into the scene and now BlackBerry Leap on its way. Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 09:21 PM
    I think the Leap replaces the Z10, but i think its still a good device.
    04-12-15 09:23 PM
    And the Slider will replace the Leap

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 09:27 PM
    I think the Slider is the solution for the BlackBerry users who still are in love with their Bold models and OS 7 experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 09:33 PM
    Can't wait to see the slider, hope it won't be too thick.
    04-12-15 10:52 PM
    I think the Slider is the solution for the BlackBerry users who still are in love with their Bold models and OS 7 experience.

Posted via CB10
    Torch, I'd say... :-)
    (if you would like to keep the OS 7 reference)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    04-13-15 04:26 AM
    Torch, I'd say... :-)
    (if you would like to keep the OS 7 reference)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    BBOS7?
    Kill it with fire.

A Torch with BB10?
    Now we're talking.
    04-13-15 06:45 AM
    No way the z10 is still being manufactured. BlackBerry had so many in the supply channel from the botched launch. You can still find new in the box z10s for $130.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 08:13 AM
    No way the z10 is still being manufactured. BlackBerry had so many in the supply channel from the botched launch. You can still find new in the box z10s for $130.

Posted via CB10
    It's too bad that the Z10 can't accept Windows Phone 10, because hardware wise it is better than any WP in that price range. Most WP only have 1GB RAM, while low cost ones always have lower res screens and only 512MB of RAM.

The Z10 would make a great rebadged Windows 10 phone even today.
    04-13-15 10:44 AM
    Can anyone tell me whether the most loved Z10 is still in production and still doing good?
    The last Z10 rolled off the assembly line in April or May of 2013 - but BB greatly overestimated sales volumes and made millions more than they could sell in a timely fashion, resulting in a $4.4B write-down (aka - they had to admit that when they eventually sold those Z10s, it would be at such a discount that they wouldn't make any profit from them). Don't be fooled by the packing date on the box - BB packages the phones to fulfill orders, so new Z10s were still being put into new boxes with updated software as late as winter 2014, but these were all old-stock from the early 2013 production runs.
    04-13-15 11:44 PM
    My uncle lost his Z10 around Christmas and managed to find a new one in stock at a store in town.

Decided to buy a spare in case he loses that one too

$200 is a great price for a Z10. I'll be unhappy if mine every breaks.
    04-14-15 12:23 AM
    On a similar subject what the position for Z30s
    04-14-15 11:44 AM
    The z10 was a great device at launch but is very slow compared to a z30 or passport. Everytime I help an employee with their z10 I end up upgrading them to a z30 or a passport the following week

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 12:55 PM
    It's too bad that the Z10 can't accept Windows Phone 10, because hardware wise it is better than any WP in that price range. Most WP only have 1GB RAM, while low cost ones always have lower res screens and only 512MB of RAM.

The Z10 would make a great rebadged Windows 10 phone even today.
    While I agree that the Z10 has better specs than most windows phones out there (except maybe for the camera) , I don't want to have WP10 run on it.

I currently also have a Lumia 925 running the latest technical preview and I had big hopes in the new outlook apps as email handling sucked IMHO big time on WP8.1, but I was really disappointed, especially compared to the hub on BB10 (I still use my phones primarily as communication device). Apart from the annoying move to put most actions to the top (hamburger menus galore) , they still don't offer basic functionality like e.g. showing the full email text without external images (applies especially to html mails). You either just get to see a small part of the email or everything (desktop outlook like BB10 has had this option for years, that's why I don't understand it).

There is no denying that Windows Phone is a nice operating system with (at least until WP8.1) a unique and different approach to the mobile world (I like the live tiles and the metro design) , but the direction they are moving to is in my opinion the wrong one.

I know, WP10 is currently just a technical preview, but I have my doubts that much will change 'til the final version.

A mixture of WP8.1 (visuals, HERE maps/transport/drive/etc. integration, one note) and BB10 (hub of course, file handling and all the small stuff like file handling, sleep mode - how could I ever live without that - etc.) would make IMHO a great mobile os. Guess I have to wait a little longer...

Back on topic: my Z10 is still a great device I love to use on a daily basis. If only android apps would run as performant as on my Jolla, but that's a different topic

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 04:44 PM
    While I agree that the Z10 has better specs than most windows phones out there (except maybe for the camera) , I don't want to have WP10 run on it.

I currently also have a Lumia 925 running the latest technical preview and I had big hopes in the new outlook apps as email handling sucked IMHO big time on WP8.1, but I was really disappointed, especially compared to the hub on BB10 (I still use my phones primarily as communication device). Apart from the annoying move to put most actions to the top (hamburger menus galore) , they still don't offer basic functionality like e.g. showing the full email text without external images (applies especially to html mails). You either just get to see a small part of the email or everything (desktop outlook like BB10 has had this option for years, that's why I don't understand it).

There is no denying that Windows Phone is a nice operating system with (at least until WP8.1) a unique and different approach to the mobile world (I like the live tiles and the metro design) , but the direction they are moving to is in my opinion the wrong one.

I know, WP10 is currently just a technical preview, but I have my doubts that much will change 'til the final version.

A mixture of WP8.1 (visuals, HERE maps/transport/drive/etc. integration, one note) and BB10 (hub of course, file handling and all the small stuff like file handling, sleep mode - how could I ever live without that - etc.) would make IMHO a great mobile os. Guess I have to wait a little longer...

Back on topic: my Z10 is still a great device I love to use on a daily basis. If only android apps would run as performant as on my Jolla, but that's a different topic

Posted via CB10
    You make some good points there. WP has always struck me as being tedious and cumbersome to achieve routine tasks in. However, the idea of pairing it with OneDrive, a tablet, and a PC is very attractive. Less of a cobbled together feel than what we have with BlackBerry and third party services (our OneDrive app is awful, for instance).

Given that the Z10 is nearly identical to the HTC 8x (so close it's spooky!)

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=5251

I doubt there would be any hardware incompatiblies. So as a Z10 owner, it would be nifty be able to give Win10 a whirl without having to buy a redundant piece of hardware just to do so. It's not like we haven't been doing this with out PC for 30+ years.
    04-14-15 06:06 PM
    On a similar subject what the position for Z30s
    it's similar to the Z10. There were only 2 models of the Z30 made - the AT&T model was canceled prior to production, so there was the International model and the Verizon model. Both were manufactured in late summer/early fall of 2013 by Jabil Circuit, and upon conclusion of the production run in late September, Jabil canceled their manufacturing contract with BB as BB had no devices in the pipeline at that time.

While there is still some stock of both models, it appears that both models are nearly depleted, with the Z30 being "discontinued" by retailers in most of Europe. Verizon also apparently restocked a couple of months ago with the remaining stockpile of the Verizon models (BB also provides them to other retailers, such as Amazon, so they normally hold some back until the numbers drop below a certain point), so when those are gone, the Z30 will be unavailable "new" in the US.
    04-14-15 07:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    I think you are a little confused. The Classic is the "new Bold". The slider is a resurrection of the Torch.
    04-15-15 03:50 PM
    Z10 refresh please!!

Leap= No Bueno para el' Z10'o.

Oh, and add a side-sliding keyboard.
    04-16-15 03:37 AM
    Z10 refresh please!!

Leap= No Bueno para el' Z10'o.

Oh, and add a side-sliding keyboard.
    How about a snap on keyboard instead.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 09:06 AM
    How about a snap on keyboard instead.

Posted via CB10
    A valid thought, but for some like myself, it is one more item to loose.
    I think that BlackBerry could simply employ what they have, have used, or perhaps will use with the latest patent designs.
    04-16-15 12:30 PM
    A valid thought, but for some like myself, it is one more item to loose.
    I think that BlackBerry could simply employ what they have, have used, or perhaps will use with the latest patent designs.
    For all the talk of BlackBerry and their patents, there are some Motorola and other big name companies that have made devices that look almost identical to traditional keyboard Blackberries. I stumbled upon on the other day...

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_def...tures-4868.php

Might have been that one...

Anyhow, I agree that an snap on keyboard would be one more thing to loose.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    04-16-15 02:26 PM
    I doubt there would be any hardware incompatiblies. So as a Z10 owner, it would be nifty be able to give Win10 a whirl without having to buy a redundant piece of hardware just to do so. It's not like we haven't been doing this with out PC for 30+ years.
    You're right, it generally would be great if you could load any OS on your phone just like you do on your PC, especially if the hardware is almost identical (I'm sure, you'll find more than one android handset that has similar specs to the Z10). Just to see what works best for you without having to buy a new phone every time. But I guess, this won't come true, sadly

I'm still surprised, how good the Z10 handles my day to day tasks, despite of its age. The Lumia is definitely worse at that (even the battery runtime is subpar).

Posted via CB10
    04-17-15 05:42 PM
    Loving my Z10 with OS 10 3.1

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 02:37 AM