01-16-15 05:36 AM
120 ... 2345
tools
  1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I support ceo Chen .. if he feels there are more worthy candidates to execute his vision... i am with him 100 percent. Put the best team in place and execute!

Ceo Chen is on track and is a proven star ceo...

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 03:15 PM
    Why all the while, two of the most bashed guys on CB (Mike and Jim) have donated more money to charity than probably all of the salaries of every member of CB combined. Yup, Mike and Jim are the guys that needed educated on how to run a company. I've had some successes in my life, but nothing like them and I think any member here would trade with them as well.
    If being rich was a guarantee that one could make the company successful then Blackberry really wouldn't be in this situation.
    MarsupilamiX and LuvULongTime like this.
    12-26-14 04:12 PM
    Keep in mind Chen didn't have phones he felt comfortable pushing on the carriers until the last few months. Notice he met the target rollout dates for the most part. No half baked OS's. He's getting the foundation in place before he fights that fight.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 08:08 AM
    Keep in mind Chen didn't have phones he felt comfortable pushing on the carriers until the last few months. Notice he met the target rollout dates for the most part. No half baked OS's. He's getting the foundation in place before he fights that fight.

Posted via CB10
    You can't "push" phones on a carrier. They sell what they think they need to to drive subscriber growth.
    12-28-14 08:41 AM
    CNET lists twelve most important mobile devices of 2014, one of which is the BlackBerry Classic and Passport:

http://www.cnet.com/pictures/the-12-...2014-pictures/

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    12-28-14 11:02 AM
    This is where Blackberry needs to win over the hearts and minds of consumers with spec competitive phones at very aggressive pricing. If they do this then they will even get the carrier reps to take a second look.
    Great optimism, but there's something you should understand. BlackBerry is not interested in the consumer market. Their focus is on Enterprise, specifically businesses and government organizations.

Once they gain momentum in Enterprise sales, they can look at regaining the consumer market...assuming carriers are still engaged at that point.
    12-28-14 01:18 PM
    Great optimism, but there's something you should understand. BlackBerry is not interested in the consumer market. Their focus is on Enterprise, specifically businesses and government organizations.

Once they gain momentum in Enterprise sales, they can look at regaining the consumer market...assuming carriers are still engaged at that point.
    I completely understand. But if that is the case then BB needs to keep these fleet type phones away from consumers and reviewers as nothing good is coming out it. They are getting ripped to shreds and it is doing nothing to help the brand. If they are going to go enterprise, go all the way and don't bother with consumers at all. And don't send review units to the Joanna Stern's of the world. And don't advertise availability on AT&T. Etc, etc.
    12-28-14 03:22 PM
    I completely understand. But if that is the case then BB needs to keep these fleet type phones away from consumers and reviewers as nothing good is coming out it. They are getting ripped to shreds and it is doing nothing to help the brand. If they are going to go enterprise, go all the way and don't bother with consumers at all. And don't send review units to the Joanna Stern's of the world. And don't advertise availability on AT&T. Etc, etc.
    The Classic got pretty decent reviews, including from Joanna Stern.
    12-28-14 03:59 PM
    The Classic got pretty decent reviews, including from Joanna Stern.
    It got kudos as a good email machine. But consumers have moved on from that. I don't know, I just don't think BlackBerry is doing themselves any favors with their current strategy of under spec'ing and over pricing and then sending units to consumer reviewers expecting amazing things to be said. I'm even ok with under spec'ing, but why oh why must they over price? The rumored Rio is supposed to be a $299 phone. Who is going to buy it at that price? These guys just never learn. It's like they are trying to make HW fail.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 05:33 PM
    It got kudos as a good email machine. But consumers have moved on from that. I don't know, I just don't think BlackBerry is doing themselves any favors with their current strategy of under spec'ing and over pricing and then sending units to consumer reviewers expecting amazing things to be said. I'm even ok with under spec'ing, but why oh why must they over price? The rumored Rio is supposed to be a $299 phone. Who is going to buy it at that price? These guys just never learn. It's like they are trying to make HW fail.

Posted via CB10
    Consumers have already moved on from BB but the WSJ is read by plenty of people who already have a 9900 and may want an email machine. According to the Globe and Mail, it's was the C-Suite customers asking Chen to build the Classic.
    12-28-14 05:54 PM
    Joanne wrote several paragraphs that were fairly ignorant. Maps for example. Half the review was good, the other half was written by someone who didn't bother to learn basic info about the phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 08:40 PM
    Joanne wrote several paragraphs that were fairly ignorant. Maps for example. Half the review was good, the other half was written by someone who didn't bother to learn basic info about the phone.

Posted via CB10
    what did she say about maps that you objected to?
    12-28-14 08:57 PM
    One of my favorite leadership guru's favorite comments is the most important thing is to make sure you have the right people in the right seats on the bus.

Posted via CB10
    Jim Collins Good to Great. Another philosophy is "who then what". Get the people piece right then focus on the strategy. It's apparent they they have a level 5 leader in place with Chen!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 07:06 PM
    You can't demote someone legally as it's constructive dismissal you basically keep them in their job, fire them of transfer them laterally.
    Another example of what is wrong with the world.
    If the guy got promoted to a job he cannot do, why would you want to fire him.. move him back to where he was and carry on. I am pretty sure and reasonably intelligent person that tries a job and cannot do it would also rather go back to his old job than to be fired..

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    01-01-15 04:43 PM
    The same person that wrote the article will tell you the world is 6000 years old.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 05:46 AM
    If the guy got promoted to a job he cannot do, why would you want to fire him.. move him back to where he was and carry on. I am pretty sure and reasonably intelligent person that tries a job and cannot do it would also rather go back to his old job than to be fired..

There's a name for that: "The Peter Principal".

Celebrate diversity in phone choices, not homogeneity.
    01-05-15 06:26 AM

OK in the vast majority of cases their is someone else doing their old job now though. What are you going to do fire or demote them because their boss sucks?
    01-05-15 10:16 AM
    Blackberry hasn't had any success selling phones without a keyboard and they have been trying for years. There is no reason to buy such a device, there are much better phones running Android and iOS.
    That's because BlackBerry keep releasing them late and with specs that don't compete. They keep over promising and under delivering.

If BlackBerry release several touch devices in row that compete on specs people will start buying them. Say one a year for the next few years.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    01-06-15 04:00 AM

BYOD sort of puts a sizable hole in that.

I still see companies dropping BlackBerry more then I see them signing up for it.

Chen doesn't get BYOD period! Or that most enterprise want a phone their people can use.
    BB10 lacks the apps. The Droid player lacks Goggle play. Thus both are very limited.

BlackBerry hates America!
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-06-15 06:06 AM
    You think the world revolves around the USA and their carriers... the other 90% percent of the world (asia / Africa / south America) don't even have the option to buy their phones on contract, all full price outright.
    And we're supposed to be the poor countries Lol
    now the us buyers get the same treatment as the rest of the world.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 07:02 AM
    You think the world revolves around the USA and their carriers... the other 90% percent of the world (asia / Africa / south America) don't even have the option to buy their phones on contract, all full price outright.
    And we're supposed to be the poor countries Lol
    now the us buyers get the same treatment as the rest of the world.

Posted via CB10
    And this has what to do with the topic? Just getting your U.S. bashing in?

01-06-15 07:55 AM
    BYOD sort of puts a sizable hole in that.

I still see companies dropping BlackBerry more then I see them signing up for it.

Chen doesn't get BYOD period! Or that most enterprise want a phone their people can use.
    Exactly!!

It is becoming painfully obvious how blind and stubborn JC is... bordering on arrogant

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-06-15 09:55 AM
    They are targeting large companies in healthcare, government, finance and energy initially not small and medium sized enterprises where byod prevails.
    01-06-15 10:48 AM
    They are targeting large companies in healthcare, government, finance and energy initially not small and medium sized enterprises where byod prevails.
    Uhhhh... s'cuse me... but some of the top Fortune 100 companies are embracing BYOD with more to follow...

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-06-15 12:37 PM
    And this has what to do with the topic? Just getting your U.S. bashing in?

It relates to the topic by: one of the proposed reasons here for BlackBerrys not selling is that carriers don't carry them or provide them in their discounted "contract" price.
    So I was saying that this is the norm everywhere else.
    If someone is willing to buy a certain brand they will.

And no I don't hate America or Americans.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-06-15 02:20 PM
120 ... 2345