01-16-15 05:36 AM
120 1234 ...
tools
    BlackBerry first started really hurting carrier relations under Mike L. He did a ton of damage.

Thor did ok with them.

Chen has done nothing to mend carrier relations.

His ego is getting a little out of whack. He must have the carriers or BlackBerry will not be able to do much at all.

Sort of like a trucking ticking off the DOT.
    You need the highways to do your job!!!

BlackBerry hates America!
    12-25-14 01:10 PM
    If the carriers being ignorant of new BlackBerry handset, it's completely normal. Why must they put their attention to handset that lack of support ?
    Yes... True... BlackBerry has not been very good at supporting their own hardware.

But on the other hand, people still expecting BlackBerry will have a good sales on their phone?
    People who expect good sales on the hardware are in the consumer handset mindset. I think a very small percentage of hardware ends up with the consumer, but I may be wrong in that assumption or maybe the handset sales are only for the BlackBerry die-hard fans.

When some people complaining about lacking of native application, they said BlackBerry is focusing on enterprise, and applications are not really that important for business person. But can't accept low sales on the handset?
    These guys need to make up their mind

I think BlackBerry is going the right way as of the moment. Do what is best to survive, then grow and excel.
    12-25-14 01:25 PM
    Yes... True... BlackBerry has not been very good at supporting their own hardware.

People who expect good sales on the hardware are in the consumer handset mindset. I think a very small percentage of hardware ends up with the consumer, but I may be wrong in that assumption or maybe the handset sales are only for the BlackBerry die-hard fans.

These guys need to make up their mind

I think BlackBerry is going the right way as of the moment. Do what is best to survive, then grow and excel.
    I think, I will stop hoping to get better native app from now on, and stop complaining LOL

BlackBerry better be ready for their apple-IBM new competitor

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 01:38 PM
    I think, I will stop hoping to get better native app from now on, and stop complaining LOL

BlackBerry better be ready for their apple-IBM new competitor
    They are getting ready... Corporates still have a lot of trust on the brand name called BlackBerry
    12-25-14 01:52 PM
    For all we know, BB and Chen have tried to mend carrier relations in the US, but the carriers want no part of it. Who knows? When smaller carriers like Sprint and TMO are committed to selling a certain number of iPhones per year then it's going to be hard to get their attention. Verizon and AT&T did offer the Z10/Z30/Q10. AT&T officially offers the Passport, but just not yet. I don't blame them for holding off. The device is very risky. And there is no CDMA version of the Passport. Apparently both Verizon and AT&T are going to offer the Classic. As long as they can get their foot in the door then they have a chance. This is where Blackberry needs to win over the hearts and minds of consumers with spec competitive phones at very aggressive pricing. If they do this then they will even get the carrier reps to take a second look.
    12-25-14 01:57 PM
    For all we know, BB and Chen have tried to mend carrier relations in the US, but the carriers want no part of it. Who knows? When smaller carriers like Sprint and TMO are committed to selling a certain number of iPhones per year then it's going to be hard to get their attention. Verizon and AT&T did offer the Z10/Z30/Q10. AT&T officially offers the Passport, but just not yet. I don't blame them for holding off. The device is very risky. And there is no CDMA version of the Passport. Apparently both Verizon and AT&T are going to offer the Classic. As long as they can get their foot in the door then they have a chance. This is where Blackberry needs to win over the hearts and minds of consumers with spec competitive phones at very aggressive pricing. If they do this then they will even get the carrier reps to take a second look.
    Apparently spec competitive phones for BlackBerry at a competitive pricing is not going to work. BlackBerry just does not have the volume to price top specs phone at a competitive price. Classic is 2 years old spec. Carrier reps are too ingrained in the Android and iOS world to think of any other OS as good and competitive. For them its either Samsung or Apple.
    12-25-14 02:07 PM
    JC seems a little slow (not aware of carrier issues prior to launch) and living in a small bubble with his insistence on physical keyboards.

I hope he sees the light before he kills off the handset division.

Physical keyboards are Blackberries only differentiating feature. For touch screen only, an iPhone is a much better idea.
    12-25-14 02:23 PM
    Physical keyboards are Blackberries only differentiating feature. For touch screen only, an iPhone is a much better idea.
    For whom? I don't want one.
    12-25-14 02:31 PM
    For whom? I don't want one.
    For anyone who hates Google more than Apple and wants a smartphone supported by most app developers.
    12-25-14 02:36 PM
    BlackBerry first started really hurting carrier relations under Mike L. He did a ton of damage.

Thor did ok with them.

Chen has done nothing to mend carrier relations.

His ego is getting a little out of whack. He must have the carriers or BlackBerry will not be able to do much at all.

Sort of like a trucking ticking off the DOT.
    You need the highways to do your job!!!

Doesn't matter the damage has been done.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 02:51 PM
    But he himself said the Classic out sold the Passport at launch...

Posted via My Beast Q10
    12-25-14 03:24 PM
    But he himself said the Classic out sold the Passport at launch...

Posted via My Beast Q10
    Why is that surprising?
    12-25-14 03:58 PM
    Why is that surprising?
    Because he apparently "demoted" the head of sales, so that's kind of contradicting.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    milo53 likes this.
    12-25-14 04:04 PM
    Because he apparently "demoted" the head of sales, so that's kind of contradicting.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    What does one thing have to do with the other. The Classic is a more appealing design to most current and past BB customers.
    12-25-14 04:21 PM
    Maybe they will can digital river now

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    melb_me likes this.
    12-25-14 04:30 PM
    What does one thing have to do with the other. The Classic is a more appealing design to most current and past BB customers.
    Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Did you even read this thread from the beginning or the freaking topic???

Posted via My Beast Q10
    12-25-14 04:31 PM
    Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Did you even read this thread from the beginning or the freaking topic???

Posted via My Beast Q10
    Yes and the Classic wasn't mentioned by anyone but you. Why you think the Classic is relevant to the thread topic is a great mystery I admit.

And in case your reasoning are not quite up to snuff, selling better than the Passport is not the same as selling well.
    12-25-14 04:44 PM
    This is the mind set that will kill off the BlackBerry handset.

Keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is insane.

Sorry, but it's true.

LuvULongTime likes this.
    12-25-14 05:42 PM

Keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is insane.

Sorry, but it's true.

Blackberry hasn't had any success selling phones without a keyboard and they have been trying for years. There is no reason to buy such a device, there are much better phones running Android and iOS.
    12-25-14 07:18 PM
    Another FUD article by the G@M.....lol shocker

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 07:38 PM

Sorry, but it's true.

It has nothing to do with that. NSA has pick the two OS that would suit their needs best. I support freedom and democracy and thus I support BlackBerry.

America hates BlackBerry !

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 07:51 PM
    It has nothing to do with that. NSA has pick the two OS that would suit their needs best. I support freedom and democracy and thus I support BlackBerry.

America hates BlackBerry !

Posted via CB10
    Come back to reality please.

12-25-14 07:53 PM
    In strategy, every business should have the approach it three big pillars:
    Defend, Stretch, Adapt.

Defend - you defend your core business. Not losing your market share as OEM (target - 100% market penetration), and so on. Basically - defend your market/market share.

Stretch - you should stretch into other OEM's market share. If you are doing something but your are not confident (or big enough) - you try to excel in that field, and if there is a market covered by other OEM - you offer product/service - for that OEM equipment/field - better that other OEM, cheaper, etc.

However, if your DEFEND pillar is weak (or is getting weaker), and STRETCH capabilities are not enough to cover the loss of "Defend" - you have to ADAPT.
    ADAPT - enter completely new field, technology, or service. Something - that is completely out of your current field, etc. Business case by business case - your are growing your business from nothing to something.

is JC doing that? I think - he should. Otherwise, Defend and Stretch will continue to drop.
    12-25-14 08:03 PM
    Makes me laugh, the shorters are really getting desperate here.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 08:13 PM
    as for carrier support...unsure why this is Chen's issue.... Carriers have been ignoring BB since committing to Apple and then Samsung.... WP8/Nokia had same issue... bottom line is there is no real money pushing BB or WP8 phones with the deals signed with Apple and Sammy......Even when Thor was running things they may have gotten a weak product commitment but there was no training or marketing for said device whatsoever.... ( Remember carriers telling customers......Blackberry is going out of business while stocking their devices .... so buy Apple)......if you look at Chen's vision it is basically to ignore the consumer market ( carriers ) .... and focus on Enterprise that has its own supply chain some which involve carriers on the business side....
    12-25-14 08:21 PM
120 1234 ...