05-17-15 11:57 AM
49 12
tools
    Sorry Moody, still not that interesting.

Especially anything coming from SA.
    ^^^^ meanie pants ^^^^

Not like there was anything else worth reading here
    05-15-15 03:06 PM
    Meh
    I know. But I was bored and couldn't think of anything better to do.
    05-15-15 03:07 PM
    Apple phone design, customer service, marketing dollars...with, hopefully, the BlackBerry virtual keyboard, email client, and hub. To top it off all native apps.

Where do I sign? I'd jump ship

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    05-15-15 03:28 PM
    Let's face it the Blackberry of yesteryear is gone, long gone, and it'll never be back. The Blackberry of tomorrow will be a lot different than it is today. Blackberry fanboys will have a collective orgasm when Blackberry is finally sold. To me, Blackberry is an organ donor. When it dies, and it will, wouldn't it be nice to see some of its part alive and beating in other products and technologies? (QNX doesn't count, as it's a ******* child from another mother, Blackberry bought QNX) Blackberry's organs are way more valuable than Blackberry is as a whole, alive. Chen still hasn't done anything other than give horrible presentations, cuts jobs, sell assets, give us stickers and learned the english phrase "coming soon." Either way Chen walks away from this patient on life support and has the ability to pull the plug and put Blackberry out of its misery, and will make a hefty fortune in doing so...

Blackberry obituary... "Coming soon"
    The same applies to the blue jays

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    05-15-15 05:33 PM
    While I appreciate your honesty and straightforwardness, this is after all a BBRY fan forum, little bit of subtlety is probably more appropriate.
    BBRY is now full steam forward to transform into a software service company and I believe they could find some success there.
    One thing I really don't get is that people here keep hyping up QNX. It is a RTOS among many others, which might be good for the intended car infotaiment market and some embedded market but it is really not comparable to the full featured OS like Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
    The name QNX, the terms microkernel, real-time operating system sounds very cool and technical, so many thought QNX is somehow a highly magical piece of technology that will save BlackBerry. While QNX is technically interesting and is indeed powerful for its problem domain, it's not something non-technical people can easily relate to. The fact that BlackBerry 10 can run Android Player is testament to the power of the microkernel architecture of QNX. However, getting good performance out of a microkernel architecture is very challenging technical problem and this is visible through the fact that many Android apps start up slower, run somewhat slower and just not as responsive. An excellent technical exposition of microkernel architectural design pattern is available in Patterns of Software Architecture Volume 1 book (part of the well known highly acclaimed POSA series books).
    moody and Mecca EL like this.
    05-15-15 10:11 PM
    Apple phone design, customer service, marketing dollars...with, hopefully, the BlackBerry virtual keyboard, email client, and hub. To top it off all native apps.

Where do I sign? I'd jump ship
    Not me thanks. I frankly don't find Apple phones attractive. Their desktop and laptop computers are nicely designed (I still won't own one).
    05-15-15 10:25 PM
    Not me thanks. I frankly don't find Apple phones attractive. Their desktop and laptop computers are nicely designed (I still won't own one).
    But they are well built. And with good materials. And in creative ways. Apple computers always have beautiful internal layouts.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 10:28 PM
    What value would Blackberry give Apple. Blackberry posses nothing that Apple doesn't already have. The only reason for a buy up would be to kill Blackberry and to kill phones with keyboards once and for all.

There is just no point in Apple buying Blackberry.
    05-16-15 06:24 AM
    What value would Blackberry give Apple. Blackberry posses nothing that Apple doesn't already have. The only reason for a buy up would be to kill Blackberry and to kill phones with keyboards once and for all.

There is just no point in Apple buying Blackberry.
    ...kill... ...those that allow you to enter your password even if the touchscreen is dead, and you need to pull data off it... :-(

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    05-16-15 08:44 AM
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try again...
    05-16-15 08:53 AM
    AppleBerry?

Posted Via CB10 on my Z10
    05-16-15 08:58 AM
    I know that Apple and Android platforms are not as secure as BlackBerry. But, IMO, Android has way more potential to be infiltrated than Apple. I don't know why, but I feel less vulnerable with Apple.

With that said, I'd actually prefer things to stay where they are. BlackBerry all by itself making great OS's and devices and let Apple and Android go at each other.

I've always been a sucker for the underdog.
    05-16-15 09:01 AM
    Just read this on theinquirer.net:
    "Apple is looking to dominate the enterprise market, as is evident from its tie-in with IBM, and could be eyeing-up BlackBerry's portfolio of 44,000 patents, many of which have kept the firm as a leader when it comes to enterprise software and security.
    Buying BlackBerry could also see Apple making a play for public sector contracts, and some have speculated that the US government could be pushing Apple to acquire the struggling firm.

Sean Udall, CIO of Quantum Trading Strategies, told Benzinga: "The one way this deal might work is if the US government [and others] want Apple to buy them because they're worried that BlackBerry, effectively, won't be around in its current form."

Yahoo Finance reports rumors of Apple buyout of BlackBerry-uploadfromtaptalk1431788969873.jpg

Passport & Z30 & Q10 just b/c I do.
    Can't imagine life without Blackberry
    05-16-15 11:09 AM
    All systems are venerable. BB has done a great job at making sure its business clients are safe from attack, but that doesn't mean BB can't be cracked. Dingleberry proved that it could.
    Mergers are misnomers for "buy out", and although this headline is alluding toward the idea of an AppleBerry, the most we'll see of this is more cross pollenization of core BB features on non-BB devices.
    You could, for the sake of shizznits and giggles, point out the mind-numbing parallels between the two phone OS - both walled, lack of personality, etc. - and conclude that double the monotony would amount to... Yeah, I said the same thing.
    05-16-15 11:20 AM
    That confused me. ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-16-15 11:25 AM
    OP is a troll. She's often quoted as saying "BlackBerry is dead".

I keed, I keed!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-16-15 11:31 AM

I keed, I keed!

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Isn't it.
    conite, Mecca EL and moody like this.
    05-16-15 11:32 AM
    Shocking, really, I am surprised
    conite, anon(9208252) and moody like this.
    05-16-15 11:34 AM
    the key word in all of this is Dingleberry. So make sure you wipe front to back, with SIC wipes by Johnson and Johnson.
    anon(9208252) and moody like this.
    05-16-15 12:04 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    ^^true story ^^

Passport & Z30 & Q10 just b/c I do.
    Can't imagine life without Blackberry
    05-16-15 07:32 PM
    Apple already utilizes the QNX platform in their CarPlay.

If anything, I don't see Apple buying BlackBerry. I see them merging on more products and services together.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 05:58 AM
    Apple already utilizes the QNX platform in their CarPlay.

If anything, I don't see Apple buying BlackBerry. I see them merging on more products and services together.

Posted via CB10
    I'd love to see a QNX based Mac OS and iOS.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 10:39 AM
    Would you buy one.....an Appleberry

Posted via CB10
    I need to replace the rubber ends on my Beats ear buds. Then I remembered Apple bought them. Now I need a new pair of ear buds.

That was the long way of saying F?!& no.

BleedBlk-
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    05-17-15 11:46 AM
    If Apple doesn't buy BlackBerry but rather partners on some things, how could that benefit BlackBerry?
    05-17-15 11:57 AM
49 12