05-17-15 11:57 AM
49 12
tools
    This is a very interest rumor and concept. Especially with the rumor iOS10 supposedly introducing QNX.

Excerpts from Yahoo Finance " Shares of Canadian handset manufacturer BlackBerry Limited BBRY jumped nearly 6% in yesterdays trading session, following rumors that it might be acquired by rival Apple Inc. AAPL.

In January this year, a similar rumor of BlackBerry getting acquired by Samsung had driven up the companys shares by around 30% in a day. But the trend reversed when BlackBerry declared that the rumors were baseless.

While the current rumors have not yet been confirmed or negated by either BlackBerry or Apple, we are still speculating on the possibility of a merger."

And a lot of positive on BlackBerry in the article.

" BlackBerry has been planning to turn around its business by venturing into other crucial domains like the Internet of Things (IoT). The companys novel phones like BlackBerry Passport and Classic are also performing well.

Last week, the company made a number of announcements regarding its growth plans. The company introduced its lower priced all-touch handset, BlackBerryLeap, an all-touch smartphone for the Canadian market. The company also renegotiated its partnership with the U.S.-based T-Mobile to make BlackBerry Classic available on the latters network. This move is likely to make the handset available for as many as 57 million users. BlackBerry also completed the acquisition of WatchDox, a data security company specializing in providing secure enterprise file-sync-and-share (EFSS) solutions.

Additionally, BlackBerry has a very powerful patent portfolio consisting of about 44,000 patents worldwide in the areas of data security and basic wireless technologies. The companys prime intellectual properties such as predictive typing on a keyboard or setting up meeting schedules are highly recognized intangible assets for a mobile handset developer."

Read the full article here:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...QDBHNlYwNzcg--
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    05-13-15 08:30 AM
    Seeking Alpha had this to say
    " Corporate Users
    BlackBerry still has a large corporate user following which could be used by Apple to help it gain traction in the enterprise market. Enterprise users were early adopters of the BlackBerry platform and BlackBerry smartphones still hold a strong position in the corporate device market. Furthermore, corporate clients with large established IT departments are often slow to change their buying habits. There is a reluctance to completely switch platforms as this involves not only buying new devices, but also retraining workers in their use. Apple would be in a position to continue offering BlackBerry support to established clients while slowly integrating certain aspects of the BlackBerry platform into the iPhone ecosystem.

Security
    The BlackBerry Enterprise Server infrastructure is still the most secure technology for corporate communication. In a world where security, privacy and secrecy is of utmost concern, Apple would be able to instantly capitalize on the integration of BlackBerry secure solutions into their own products. Even as Apple improves its own proprietary secure sharing technology, it would benefit directly from the name recognition that the BlackBerry encryption features have been known and respected for.

Technology
    Patents and infringement litigation are huge issues for all technology companies. Even given the rapid pace of innovation in the mobile device space, old patents often come back to haunt companies. BlackBerry has thousands of valuable patents, estimated by some analysts to be worth almost $3 billion. In 2011, it joined forces with Microsoft and Sony to purchase a portfolio of patents from Nortel for $4.5 billion. And in 2012 BlackBerry was part of a consortium which included Microsoft, Facebook, Google and Samsung which bought a portfolio of patents from Kodak for $525 million. The bottom line is that even if Apple had no immediate use for the BlackBerry patents, they would benefit by having that intellectual property under their control and inaccessible to all other competitors. Intellectual property rights are a ruthless business, but for a company like Apple, which is facing tough competition for all sides, it must play all its cards in order to maintain dominance."

Read their full article here:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1786...buy-blackberry
    05-13-15 09:02 AM
    Yeah, there are already some threads about it.

Looks like Apple is just the latest company to supposedly be buying BlackBerry, just like Samsung, Lenovo, Huawei, etc.
    05-13-15 02:39 PM
    This is a very interest rumor and concept. Especially with the rumor iOS10 supposedly introducing QNX.

Excerpts from Yahoo Finance " Shares of Canadian handset manufacturer BlackBerry Limited BBRY jumped nearly 6% in yesterdays trading session, following rumors that it might be acquired by rival Apple Inc. AAPL.

In January this year, a similar rumor of BlackBerry getting acquired by Samsung had driven up the companys shares by around 30% in a day. But the trend reversed when BlackBerry declared that the rumors were baseless.

While the current rumors have not yet been confirmed or negated by either BlackBerry or Apple, we are still speculating on the possibility of a merger."

And a lot of positive on BlackBerry in the article.

" BlackBerry has been planning to turn around its business by venturing into other crucial domains like the Internet of Things (IoT). The companys novel phones like BlackBerry Passport and Classic are also performing well.

Last week, the company made a number of announcements regarding its growth plans. The company introduced its lower priced all-touch handset, BlackBerryLeap, an all-touch smartphone for the Canadian market. The company also renegotiated its partnership with the U.S.-based T-Mobile to make BlackBerry Classic available on the latters network. This move is likely to make the handset available for as many as 57 million users. BlackBerry also completed the acquisition of WatchDox, a data security company specializing in providing secure enterprise file-sync-and-share (EFSS) solutions.

Additionally, BlackBerry has a very powerful patent portfolio consisting of about 44,000 patents worldwide in the areas of data security and basic wireless technologies. The companys prime intellectual properties such as predictive typing on a keyboard or setting up meeting schedules are highly recognized intangible assets for a mobile handset developer."

Read the full article here:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...QDBHNlYwNzcg--
    Do you have any source for this ios10 and qnx rumor?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 07:13 PM
    Hi Everybody,

One thing that all the writers seem to be overlooking, is that 2015 is a Federal election year in Canada. Jobs hang in the balance with this one.

If Apple truly is sharpening their pencil to pitch an offer to the shareholders of BlackBerry, it won't be even considered until 2016 sometime. I believe the last thing Stephen Harper wants to wear going into the election is the finger pointing that would be plastered all over the Conservative Party, that jobs were lost and a Canadian iconic Company was allowed to be sold to a foreign country (even if we do business with Americans on a regular basis, and is considered an allied nation).

I could be completely wrong, and maybe in the end money talks. But if there is substance to this story, it will be put on simmer and moved to the back burner. Essentially I believe you won't hear anything concrete about this until 2016 once the dust settles.

Cheers!!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 08:55 PM
    Image is everything, that may be enough of a reason to join blackberry and apple. Two fruits, one for consumers, and one for business. Two very well known logos. They may just want to sell blackberry security out of apple retail stores. Those fashion e stas at apple will market the hell out of that.

Posted via CB10
    moody, neoberry99 and SteelGreek like this.
    05-13-15 08:59 PM
    Would you buy one.....an Appleberry

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    05-14-15 06:03 AM
    You walk into apple to buy an iPhone, and you have a option to add BlackBerry security features at a premium.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 07:59 AM
    Do you have any source for this ios10 and qnx rumor?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Sachesi. But I don't know how he knows.
    05-14-15 08:15 AM
    Would you buy one.....an Appleberry

Posted via CB10
    If it had a physical keyboard I sure would!
    05-14-15 08:16 AM
    How do you feel would you rather see Apple or Samsung merger or still hope for the future success of John Chen and Blackberry ? .
    05-14-15 08:37 AM
    Apple doesn't know how to do Enterprise, they are a consumer company. How many server products do they have? None. The only reason that Apple products are in Enterprise is consumer popularity and nothing to do with technology.
    05-14-15 09:08 AM
    Apple and BlackBerry.

This is the merger I would most like to see happen. If Apple introduced QNX to iOS and OS X and retained BlackBerry and its keyboard handsets as a separate but integrated branch (not requiring Apple IDs, iCloud, iTunes, or even OS X), well I could be pretty happy.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by deadcowboy; 05-14-15 at 04:43 PM.
    moody likes this.
    05-14-15 01:37 PM
    No thanks. I want BlackBerry to be it's own company.

Awaiting the next flagship full touch.
    05-14-15 02:39 PM
    If BlackBerry got a $1 a device deal with apple in exchange for their software, JC prediction of 500 million software rev starts to make sense.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 11:26 PM
    Its just a way for the stockbrokers to make some money, start a rumour and BlackBerry stock goes up

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.500
    05-14-15 11:34 PM
    Yes. Sachesi. But I don't know how he knows.
    Is there a cream made to help with the sachesi

Posted on my favorite little BlackBerry Passport
    Mecca EL and moody like this.
    05-14-15 11:37 PM
    True. Stock does go up whenever talk of a possible buyout/merger surfaces. Which is good for the stockholders & company no matter what.

Passport & Z30 & Q10 Can't imagine life without Blackberry
    05-14-15 11:41 PM
    Apple and BlackBerry.

This is the merger I would most like to see happen. If Apple introduced QNX to iOS and OS X and retained BlackBerry and its keyboard handsets as a separate but integrated branch (not requiring Apple IDs, iCloud, iTunes, or even OS X), well I could be pretty happy.

Posted via CB10
    I can see that you don't have much experience with Operating Systems. You can't run two at the same time. iOS and QNX cannot be merged. Apple is all about control and they would never sell a device that they couldn't control. So any device would require Apple IDs. Apple is not concerned about an enterprise level device. They are about consumers.
    05-15-15 12:13 AM
    Meh
    moody likes this.
    05-15-15 01:12 AM
    Sorry Moody, still not that interesting.

Especially anything coming from SA.
    05-15-15 02:56 AM
    Let's face it the Blackberry of yesteryear is gone, long gone, and it'll never be back. The Blackberry of tomorrow will be a lot different than it is today. Blackberry fanboys will have a collective orgasm when Blackberry is finally sold. To me, Blackberry is an organ donor. When it dies, and it will, wouldn't it be nice to see some of its part alive and beating in other products and technologies? (QNX doesn't count, as it's a ******* child from another mother, Blackberry bought QNX) Blackberry's organs are way more valuable than Blackberry is as a whole, alive. Chen still hasn't done anything other than give horrible presentations, cuts jobs, sell assets, give us stickers and learned the english phrase "coming soon." Either way Chen walks away from this patient on life support and has the ability to pull the plug and put Blackberry out of its misery, and will make a hefty fortune in doing so...

Blackberry obituary... "Coming soon"
    Doggerz, Mecca EL and MikeX74 like this.
    05-15-15 12:48 PM
    Let's face it the Blackberry of yesteryear is gone, long gone, and it'll never be back. The Blackberry of tomorrow will be a lot different than it is today. Blackberry fanboys will have a collective orgasm when Blackberry is finally sold. To me, Blackberry is an organ donor. When it dies, and it will, wouldn't it be nice to see some of its part alive and beating in other products and technologies? (QNX doesn't count, as it's a ******* child from another mother, Blackberry bought QNX) Blackberry's organs are way more valuable than Blackberry is as a whole, alive. Chen still hasn't done anything other than give horrible presentations, cuts jobs, sell assets, give us stickers and learned the english phrase "coming soon." Either way Chen walks away from this patient on life support and has the ability to pull the plug and put Blackberry out of its misery, and will make a hefty fortune in doing so...

I hope you're wrong. That's so cynical.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 01:03 PM
    And who will the rumor be in another month when it doesn't happen? Always something...................that never happens beside market manipulation.
    05-15-15 01:26 PM

While I appreciate your honesty and straightforwardness, this is after all a BBRY fan forum, little bit of subtlety is probably more appropriate.
    BBRY is now full steam forward to transform into a software service company and I believe they could find some success there.
    One thing I really don't get is that people here keep hyping up QNX. It is a RTOS among many others, which might be good for the intended car infotaiment market and some embedded market but it is really not comparable to the full featured OS like Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
    05-15-15 02:28 PM
49 12