06-23-14 05:11 AM
49 12
tools
    Don't you think that this post is in the wrong forum? Honestly what type of response did you anticipate?

Posted via CB10
    i forgot, blackberry is operating a in a vacuum. people have NO RIGHT to compare it to other products in the same price range/market segment. NO RIGGGGHTTTTT
    JeepBB and mornhavon like this.
    05-28-14 01:40 AM
    If there is something BlackBerry should learn from Xiaomi it should be:

• High-end hardware
    • Customization and theme packs (MIUI Rom is nice, you can have themes that will suit everyone, starting from pink and flowers for teenage girls to black elegant suitable for business users)
    • Affordable price
    05-28-14 02:34 AM
    You guys aren't impressed with 4k phones sold in less than 20 minutes. But pretty much moan your hearts out with BlackBerry z3 sold little over 1k phones in 13 hours? Interesting...

Posted via CB10
    It was a lot more than 1K BlackBerry Z3's sold in 13 hours according to reports from Indonesia. Just saying...
    05-28-14 05:13 AM
    Blackberry is still a better name in most of Asia then these small Chinese android phones.
    That's wishful thinking. Xiaomi has developed an incredible following in China largely through word of mouth and social media. When I was in China about a year ago, Xiaomi was almost seen as a status symbol equal to Apple. While I have no idea if they can replicate their success in the rest of Asia, I would be willing to bet that they can.

4,000 units in and of itself is nothing special. 4,000 units in 17 minutes, though, which is close to 4 units per second, is something worth noting for a brand that doesn't really advertise.
    05-28-14 05:52 AM
    Malaysia is very much a Facebook chat and WhatsApp country, where else indo has more wechat/line/bbm users. Every single person I know in malaysia uses a BlackBerry purely for the keyboard.
    Not to mention outstanding reviews both locally and abroad for xiaomi. Has a much better brand here than you might think. It's a very different market from Europe and America.
    While i still prefer BB10, the pricing vs android would make me think twice before buying a blackberry right now. hopefully we see some better stuff towards the end of the year.
    and look at this, US$11 for a 10,400mah power bank. in machined aluminium no less. sold out in 10 mins 5,000 units on wednesday. i managed to score 2 of them. also if you see how they focus on quality components you'll get why people are trusting a new brand. even for their phones they tell you they're using gorilla glass, sony camera sensor and 5 element lens, etc.

http://www.mi.com/sg/mipowerbank/

it wasnt that long ago people we saying HTC was "some taiwanese company"
    Last edited by afhstingray; 05-29-14 at 10:01 PM.
    05-29-14 09:41 PM
    Another sale of 6,000 sets of Mi3 and 5,000 units of Mi Power Bank on May 27 at 12pm in Malaysia were all sold out in 15 minutes.
    05-29-14 11:46 PM
    Yeah how many Z3s sold over a weekend?

At least these are real numbers.
    You verified these numbers?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 11:57 PM
    You verified these numbers?

Posted via CB10
    Nope, I'm not an investigator but these a hard numbers they're claiming where as you never know with BlackBerry until the earnings call
    05-30-14 02:34 AM
    When they don't put out press releases people complain they're not doing enough to advertise BB10.
    When they do put out press releases you have people like yourself questioning why they even bother.

Lose/Lose.
    We want TV ads, Internet ads, street banners and. Store booths not press releases.

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    05-30-14 04:50 AM
    Not when their previous records are WELL over that.

100,000 Xiaomi Mi3 phones sold out in 1 minute 26 seconds

By that standard, if I was an analyst I'd be saying the company was doomed and showing a decline. Good thing I'm not an analyst though lol.

You mean selling out 100k phones on the most popular site in a country of 1.35 BILLION PEOPLE...? That's even LESS impressive, about HALF the rate of the Malaysian sales...

...no matter how I look at it they sound like a company with serious supplier chain mgmt issues.

A few days ago, Xiaomi Malaysia sold another batch of Mi3. 6,000 sets to be exact, in 15 minutes. Just saying ....
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-30-14 12:08 PM
    A few days ago, Xiaomi Malaysia sold another batch of Mi3. 6,000 sets to be exact, in 15 minutes. Just saying ....
    Xiaomi is very good at meeting demand once they know its there. They shipped 11 million handsets last quarter which is only behind Samsung and Lenovo in China and are on target for 60 million for 2014 and project a 100 million for 2015. The problem they are going to have to solve for the near future is can their 'just in time' manufacturing strategy work when they become such a big player.
    05-30-14 04:48 PM
    And this is why I doubt the Z3 is selling much... if it was, press releases broadcasting the good news would be all over the tech sites. Nobody with an ounce of common sense would hold that news back for an ER announcement weeks/months later, they'd want to increase the buzz around their product while it was still hot, so they could sell more!
    05-31-14 08:50 AM
    And this is why I doubt the Z3 is selling much... if it was, press releases broadcasting the good news would be all over the tech sites. Nobody with an ounce of common sense would hold that news back for an ER announcement weeks/months later, they'd want to increase the buzz around their product while it was still hot, so they could sell more!
    If the Z3 is selling well, we will definitely hear the screams here. My guess is the sales at launch was not enticing for Foxconn, so they scaled back the production, and that erodes the margin.
    05-31-14 12:57 PM
    Lets not yet jump to conclusions regarding how well the Z3 is doing in Indonesia. On the interview with CNBC a few days ago at the Re Code Confrence, CEO Chen did say that Z3 sales are going well and that the response at the local stores and carriers were good at 0:14 to 0:26. At 0:56 to 1:00, Chen did say that the Z3 is doing wery well and that they do have a plan to release it in other countries in a short amount of time.

These are CEO Chen's comments on video, and I'm sure that BlackBerry would have access to the sales data, so I am inclined to believe him. If what he is saying is not true, then he as CEO and BlackBerry as a company would have a huge price to pay for it. Lets wait until the earnings call at the end of this month for the actual numbers.

Crackberry article with CNBC Interview
    http://t.crackberry.com/blackberry-c...bout-z3-launch

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    06-01-14 05:30 AM
    I'm sure Hugo Barra is happy. Now if only they could get those glorious 4K TV's they sell in North America.
    afhstingray likes this.
    06-03-14 06:16 AM
    Lets not yet jump to conclusions regarding how well the Z3 is doing in Indonesia. On the interview with CNBC a few days ago at the Re Code Confrence, CEO Chen did say that Z3 sales are going well and that the response at the local stores and carriers were good at 0:14 to 0:26. At 0:56 to 1:00, Chen did say that the Z3 is doing wery well and that they do have a plan to release it in other countries in a short amount of time.

These are CEO Chen's comments on video, and I'm sure that BlackBerry would have access to the sales data, so I am inclined to believe him. If what he is saying is not true, then he as CEO and BlackBerry as a company would have a huge price to pay for it. Lets wait until the earnings call at the end of this month for the actual numbers.

Crackberry article with CNBC Interview
    BlackBerry CEO John Chen talks to CNBC about the Z3 launch | CrackBerry.com

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    They need to have sold 2 - 3 hundred thousand devices for numbers to be good. I don't think anyone believes they did that well.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-03-14 09:22 AM
    xiaomi had another sale today. not sure how fast the Mi3 sold out, but the Mi powerbanks sold 5,000 in 1 min 2 seconds. i have one of these powerbanks, for 11 USD$ its amazing. lovely aluminium body so it keeps cool as well.
    06-03-14 12:19 PM
    I'm sure Hugo Barra is happy. Now if only they could get those glorious 4K TV's they sell in North America.
    These 4K TVs are available in Asia, like Malaysia. Not much program material to use it fully though.
    06-04-14 11:59 AM
    These 4K TVs are available in Asia, like Malaysia. Not much program material to use it fully though.
    no, only through grey market channels.
    06-05-14 06:06 AM
    no, only through grey market channels.
    Drop into Courts in Singapore, you can find a 4K TV there, nothing grey about that.
    06-05-14 08:30 PM
    Drop into Courts in Singapore, you can find a 4K TV there, nothing grey about that.
    Yea but not the xiaomi 4K tv
    06-05-14 11:01 PM
    Yea but not the xiaomi 4K tv
    Understood.
    06-06-14 12:57 AM
    Understood.
    If I recall correctly xiaomi is selling that tv for around 650usd in China for 48 inches. AND it's a smart tv as well, running android. At that price it's irresistible
    06-06-14 01:46 AM
    Looks like there is another sale tomorrow and the Mi Note is launching on 25th June. Under us$200 for an octa core phablet with dual sim. Only issue I can see is its only 1280 resolution. Should be similar dpi as the Z30 since its a 5.5" screen
    06-23-14 05:11 AM
49 12