Here is an interesting poll about smartphone platforms from the Wall Street Journal.

From the article: "Google Inc.'s Android operating system overtook Research In Motion Ltd.'s BlackBerry as the top smartphone platform in the first quarter, according to research firm comScore Inc. Google gained six percentage points to capture market share of 34.7% in the first quarter, moving Android to the top position among smartphone operating system. Research In Motion lost its grip on the top position, sliding 4.5 percentage points to a market share of 27.1%.

What's your smartphone operating system? What does the shift mean for RIM's prospects long-term?"
    05-09-11 12:10 AM
    Interesting results so far in the poll. Well is this the first quarter where RIM sales are actually less? It seems that is always what people make a point about.
    05-09-11 12:20 AM
    Interesting results so far in the poll. Well is this the first quarter where RIM sales are actually less? It seems that is always what people make a point about.
    I'm really surprised that Apple has such a low score at the present time. I expected Android to be in 1st place, but not by such a wide margin.
    05-09-11 12:23 AM
    yep, i was expecting a 40/25/20 google/apple/rim

there is till time to see where it shakes out
    05-09-11 12:35 AM
    yep, i was expecting a 40/25/20 google/apple/rim

there is till time to see where it shakes out
    That's what I expected too.
    05-09-11 12:39 AM
    This is shaking out pretty much how I thought it would. Apple is treading water and RIM is teetering. The picture can change dramatically in another year. Nokia and Microsoft should make some noise and QNX is going to be pretty swanky for Blackberry.

Has anyone seen this Telus/Playbook commercial yet? (AC/DC Thunderstruck)

YouTube - telus's Channel
    05-09-11 12:59 AM
    Doesn't surprise me. It has been what, 6 months since RIM released a new handset to the US market? And how. Many iterations of Android?

Did ya'll notice the comments down the page, the owner of the BlackBerry and the Droid 2 Global?

I'm not dumping on them, but it definitely isn't the first time I've seen those complaints.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 01:01 AM
    This is shaking out pretty much how I thought it would. Apple is treading water and RIM is teetering. The picture can change dramatically in another year. Nokia and Microsoft should make some noise and QNX is going to be pretty swanky for Blackberry.

Has anyone seen this Telus/Playbook commercial yet? (AC/DC Thunderstruck)

YouTube - telus's Channel
    Teetering really is a bit off. In sports, this is called A rebuilding season. An opportunity
    To revamp, and get some new prospects lined up for another run.
    But, the rebuiding team doesn't stop playing the game, even if they don't play all that well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-11 01:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD