View Poll Results: Heins' Grossest Violation of Trust was:

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buying Jet's while Firing Canuck's left and right

48 27.91%
  • Scheming to Create 70,000 Fake Apps?

31 18.02%
  • Wasting Money on F1 Sponsorships and Parties?

8 4.65%
  • Starf*cking with Alicia Keys

27 15.70%
  • None! I still like the guy. It's not his fault!

58 33.72%
11-07-13 04:38 AM
191 ... 23456 ...
tools
    They should be the first thing to go.

Sigh....

No morals in high places corrupts.

Planes before people. Hmmm

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    09-22-13 11:03 PM
    Are they still sponsoring formula one cars?

09-22-13 11:04 PM
    -Cost to charter a Gulfstream V for a weekend trip from New York City to San Francisco: $106,711.17
    (Friday evening to Sunday evening, all costs including helicopter transportation to and from airport, two full-time captains, a flight attendant, crew per diems, landing, ramp, parking, fuel surcharge, taxes, etc)

-Bombardier’s Global 8000, one of the longest range private jets on the market, can go 7,900 nautical miles on a single tank of gas, flying at Mach 0.85 with 8 passengers. With a fuel capacity of 48,950 lbs, it costs approximately $53,000 to fill the tank.

It seems awfully expensive to charter, too, when you could simply have your own.
    You seem to be forgetting stuff, like the pilot and co-pilot wages, the airport fees, the cost of the aircraft and maintenance of the aircraft, all insurances and that red tape kinda stuff, food drink etc for in flight, someone to serve said items. add all those together and it gets awfull steep awful quick, so that $53k for fuel seems quite low.

Without knowing how much the jet is used its obviously hard to compare (plus when it is used are 1st class flights available on the same route), but it does seem awfully odd that this happened in july, when they had already stated the company was in flux etc, so more expenses of that magnitude seem poorly timed at best.

Also you have to ask who uses this jet, because you see all the dev team like alec saunders etc on twitter all saying about flights, airports etc which are obviously normal flights with the likes of you and me, so if a VP isn't even getting in on the private jet action, who exactly is?
    h20work and bekkay like this.
    09-22-13 11:04 PM
    Are they still sponsoring formula one cars?

that's probably got a buy out clause, with most sponsorship deals its not worth pulling the plug due to legal costs.

But at least that was advertising, not just travel expenses
    09-22-13 11:06 PM
    Yeah I bet...real silly, let's keep posting negative earnings by not laying off employees that were overhired. Your logic has no base in this scenario or any. It's ridiculous to hire people simply to hire them and keep them on when you don't need them. More so when your business is suffering so much. Expenditures need to be cut, why is this hard to understand? BB does not need 7500 employees as it is now or as its lean size either.
    he is clueless on the way companies like that work
    09-22-13 11:07 PM
    Then I suppose we can agree to disagree. I just don't understand why everyone complains about BB spending when they are OVERemployed and wasting money on salaries of people they don't need, but purchasing a business tool is wasteful. I feel for the employees, honest, but there comes a point when a business needs to cut costs to survive otherwise NOBODY has a job. That's my stance anyways, but I approach it from a business standpoint and apparently many members here think that makes me an insensitive POS. So be it.
    ha! someone who makes sense....there might be hope for this forum....
    pcguy514 likes this.
    09-22-13 11:10 PM
    my manager's position is "director, customer service, eastern region, canada" . he has 700 people like me to managed. we are world wide 200 000 plus employees in this company. he uses one of the jets of the company at least once per two weeks. now tell me, you expect the guy who is managing 8 000 people and a company worth over 5 billions to sit in a commercial plan like ME??? even i had the opportunity to use this jet because like in an example mentioned before , we had a presentation to discussed during the flight and it couldn't be heard by anyone else outside of the corporation. this is plain ridiculous! to claim that having access to the right tools to make his job is a waste of money means that you have no idea how big corporations work.
    Did your company slash it's workforce? Did it buy a 3rd jet right before slashing it again?
    notfanboy likes this.
    09-22-13 11:14 PM
    That bag of excuses must weight a ton.....
    h20work and Berry_Pink like this.
    09-22-13 11:14 PM
    do the math, lets figure the average employee at BlackBerry makes $60k a year multiply that by the 4500 and you have $270 million saved, compared to the cost of a jet where they paid maybe $25 million. come on people the cost to pay 4500 people is way more then a jet that is used to conduct business globally
    Ain't no average damn employee making 60K making phones LMAO
    09-22-13 11:17 PM
    They still had two jets left when they bought this one.
    they bought a bigger one thinking about selling the two others, thats why the said "the two others were not used since we had this new one in july" thats mean the initial plan was to replace the two with a slightly bigger one , more efficient and better on cost. thats a good decision if you ask me. than seeing all the drama this news brought , they decided to get rid of all three of them.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-22-13 11:20 PM
    they bought a bigger one thinking about selling the two others, thats why the said "the two others were not used since we had this new one in july" thats mean the initial plan was to replace the two with a slightly bigger one , more efficient and better on cost. thats a good decision if you ask me. than seeing all the drama this news brought , they decided to get rid of all three of them.
    They haven't sold the other two. So yes now they own 3, again.

They are finally selling all of them.
    09-22-13 11:23 PM
    To those making excuses that Thor needs the jets as tools to get his job done, why are they selling them now?
    cckgz4 and Berry_Pink like this.
    09-22-13 11:24 PM
    Did your company slash it's workforce? Did it buy a 3rd jet right before slashing it again?
    this was to demonstrate that IT IS A USEFUL BUSINESS TOOL! its not some kind of waste like a corporate party on a yacht or something like that. it is for good use.
    09-22-13 11:24 PM
    my manager's position is "director, customer service, eastern region, canada" . he has 700 people like me to managed. we are world wide 200 000 plus employees in this company. he uses one of the jets of the company at least once per two weeks. now tell me, you expect the guy who is managing 8 000 people and a company worth over 5 billions to sit in a commercial plan like ME??? even i had the opportunity to use this jet because like in an example mentioned before , we had a presentation to discussed during the flight and it couldn't be heard by anyone else outside of the corporation. this is plain ridiculous! to claim that having access to the right tools to make his job is a waste of money means that you have no idea how big corporations work.
    Did your company just post a 1 billion dollar loss this quarter and lay off 40% percent of your company?

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 11:25 PM
    They haven't sold the other two. So yes now they own 3, again.

They are finally selling all of them.

arent these two sentences contradicting each other only for the sake to say i am wrong and you are right?
    09-22-13 11:26 PM
    this was to demonstrate that IT IS A USEFUL BUSINESS TOOL! its not some kind of waste like a corporate party on a yacht or something like that. it is for good use.
    BlackBerry disagrees with you on the usefulness of those tools.
    09-22-13 11:27 PM
    To those making excuses that Thor needs the jets as tools to get his job done, why are they selling them now?
    to avoid media bashing, rants in forums (yes , i am talking about you )
    and get over with another round of "blackberry does everything wrong" .

take two minutes to read my past post and you will realize that i am far from a fanboy who claim bb cant get anything wrong.
    but i will never say they someone have done wrong without knowing all side of the story and making sure that they actually failed to do the right thing.
    vbittersweet likes this.
    09-22-13 11:29 PM
    Ain't no average damn employee making 60K making phones LMAO
    Well seeing as my engineering friends (and hopefully future me) are making 50K straight out of college, I'm sure a company like Blackberry is paying even more for talent.
    pcguy514 likes this.
    09-22-13 11:30 PM
    listen h2o, all i am saying is that this company have done enough **** ups lately (ahem...not doing open beta test for bbm x ) so that we dont need to blame them for stuff that are actually not really corporate misconducts . if you want to talk about all the wrong things this company have done, listen, i have enough to go on for a couple days just with what happened this year. but they will call me an isheep again and it will hurt my feelings so we wont go there
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    09-22-13 11:33 PM
    Anybody here heard of Ingvar Kamprad? He's the founder and former CEO of IKEA. It's hard to say how much he's worth, maybe $30 billion, maybe $3 billion, depending on how you count the money he's donated to various foundations in his name. Anyway, IKEA does not own any private jets. Ingvar himself flies COACH and requires his executive team to do the same. Corp jets are an executive perk, everybody knows it. IKEA follows the founders principles about frugality, and Ingvar leads by example.
    09-22-13 11:34 PM
    to avoid media bashing, rants in forums (yes , i am talking about you )
    and get over with another round of "blackberry does everything wrong" .

take two minutes to read my past post and you will realize that i am far from a fanboy who claim bb cant get anything wrong.
    but i will never say they someone have done wrong without knowing all side of the story and making sure that they actually failed to do the right thing.
    If you actually read the whole thread you wouldn't have missed the part where I said I know one of the corporate pilots...
    09-22-13 11:35 PM
    Planes before people. Hmmm
    #planesb4people
    ray689 likes this.
    09-22-13 11:38 PM
    Well seeing as my engineering friends (and hopefully future me) are making 50K straight out of college, I'm sure a company like Blackberry is paying even more for talent.
    Oh I'm sure there are departments for Blackberry that do make that, but not every.single.one that they fired
    09-22-13 11:40 PM
    Anybody here heard of Ingvar Kamprad? He's the founder and former CEO of IKEA. It's hard to say how much he's worth, maybe $30 billion, maybe $3 billion, depending on how you count the money he's donated to various foundations in his name. Anyway, IKEA does not own any private jets. Ingvar himself flies COACH and requires his executive team to do the same. Corp jets are an executive perk, everybody knows it. IKEA follows the founders principles about frugality, and Ingvar leads by example.
    Exactly what I meant by LEAD by example...especially when in the situation BlackBerry is in. But I guess to some people in this thread, there is no way THOR could do his job without a private jet. Incase nobody has noticed, jet or not, THOR has failed to do his job.

Posted via CB10
    h20work and Berry_Pink like this.
    09-22-13 11:40 PM
    Methinks those that are absolutely appalled at the thought of a corporate jet are also the same that complain endlessly about any app selling for more than $0.99.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    09-22-13 11:43 PM
191 ... 23456 ...