10-23-13 05:11 AM
81 1234
tools
    Since the intent of having any meaningful discussion with you about this theme is completely useless anyhow, I'll just dump these links, in the hope of you understanding what they contain.
    You don't want to have a meaningful discussion as you have already made up your mind regardless of the facts. The fact that you post two links to articles that have been proven wrong shows that. I have post dozens to your two that prove my point. I also talked to the local optimists and they back my stance.

The first link has been proven wrong.

http://boysoftech.com/iPhone4

http://prometheus.med.utah.edu/~bwjo...etina-display/

The second link is wrong as they don't use the proper viewing distance. It is 15 to 25 inches. Not 12. Redo the calculations with that distance and you see a big change. If you read closer than that, you can damage your eyesight.

http://dhirhospital.com/index.php?op...d=50&Itemid=51

If you aren't able to, other posters will surely comprehend what they mean.

Why Retina Isn't Enough [Feature] | Cult of Mac

Notes by Dr. Optoglass: The Resolution of the Human Eye | wolfcrow

Go back to my second post and read what I prophesied about people making car analogies

(hint: the word "fail" may appear somewhere)

Posted via CB10
    The only fail is over specs.
    Last edited by Bluenoser63; 10-17-13 at 06:58 AM.
    10-17-13 06:47 AM
    Lol, thanks. It could be that Microsoft has done their best to avoid resolution fragmentation with Windows Phone which is why we haven't seen 1080p displays from them until now.

I'm curious to see how Apple will achieve it with the iPhone 6 as they have such a weird resolution right now with the i5 models.
    Interesting question about Apple...
    They are rumoured to launch a bigger sized device with the iPhone 6...

In any case, the scenario for Apple has become pretty interesting, as they now have 3/4 of their recent phones sharing the same display resolution, with the 4s being the odd one out, right now.

The last time they swithed their rez, was because of a bigger display, so if the iPhone 6 really has a bigger screen, they HAVE to increase the rez.

But what exactly they will do...
    I have no idea.
    The only thing that I know right now, is that every meaningful competitor, be it on the WP or Android side of manufacturers, will use 1080p displays in the high-end.

And next year, about the same time, 1080p should have made the jump to the mid-range as well.
    Under normal circumstances, which include the commodisation and saturation of smartphones in the "developped" markets, Apple has to move and adapt a bigger display with a higher PPI ratio soon.

If they'll do it as early as 2014 is something I can't possibly know though...
    Apple loves their margins more than anything...

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 06:54 AM
    You don't want to have a meaningful discussion as you have already made up your mind regardless of the facts.
    This will be my only answer to you, in this thread:
    The facts show, that humans are able to discern far more than about 330 PPI (the Z30 has less than that, btw, and this is the retina realm of Apple).

The only one of us two who isn't able to accept facts, and change his opinions based on them, would be you.

The facts show, that in real life situations, phones like the Galaxy S4 have better battery life than the Galaxy S3, that has far lesser specs.

The facts also illustrate, that a Snapdragon 800 CPU is able to conserve more battery life, than a Snapdragon 600 under completely equal conditions.

They also show, that the price of the Z30 is a bad and unfunny joke, when it comes down to the hardware it uses.

Whatever your response will be, I won't care enough to answer you. We already had our encounter in the A10/Z30 section, and even these words I have written down right now, were a complete waste of time, when it comes down to make you understand facts.

Posted via CB10
    Etios and Roo Zilla like this.
    10-17-13 07:03 AM
    This will be my only answer to you, in this thread:
    Hopefully.
    The facts show, that humans are able to discern far more than about 330 PPI (the Z30 has less than that, btw, and this is the retina realm of Apple).
    The facts do not show this.

Apple Retina Display – Jonesblog

"Dr. Soneira’s claims are based upon a retinal calculation of .5 arcminutes which to my reading of the literature is too low. According to a relatively recent, but authoritative study of photoreceptor density in the human retina (Curcio, C.A., K.R. Sloan, R.E. Kalina and A.E. Hendrickson 1990 Human photoreceptor topography. J. Comp. Neurol. 292:497-523.), peak cone density in the human averages 199,000 cones/mm2 with a range of 100,000 to 324,000. Dr. Curcio et. al. calculated 77 cycles/degree or .78 arcminutes/cycle of *retinal* resolution. However, this does not take into account the optics of the system which degrade image quality somewhat giving a commonly accepted resolution of 1 arcminute/cycle. So, if a normal human eye can discriminate two points separated by 1 arcminute/cycle at a distance of a foot, we should be able to discriminate two points 89 micrometers apart which would work out to about 287 pixels per inch. Since the iPhone 4G display is comfortably higher than that measure at 326 pixels per inch, I’d find Apple’s claims stand up to what the human eye can perceive."

As new information becomes available, you have to realize that what you held as true, is no longer that. The flat earth society is one that has refused to accept new information. Don't be them.

The only one of us two who isn't able to accept facts, and change his opinions based on them, would be you.

The facts show, that in real life situations, phones like the Galaxy S4 have better battery life than the Galaxy S3, that has far lesser specs.
    They also have a bigger battery. Put the exact same battery in the S4 that is in the S3 and will it still have better battery life? Doubtful.

The facts also illustrate, that a Snapdragon 800 CPU is able to conserve more battery life, than a Snapdragon 600 under completely equal conditions.
    We are taking PPI and screens here. Keep focused and stop trying to divert.

They also show, that the price of the Z30 is a bad and unfunny joke, when it comes down to the hardware it uses.
    All you see is hardware. I see the OS development costs, licensing costs, NOC expenses, etc. It is more than hardware. You are being too simplistic.

Whatever your response will be, I won't care enough to answer you. We already had our encounter in the A10/Z30 section, and even these words I have written down right now, were a complete waste of time, when it comes down to make you understand facts.

Posted via CB10
    Promise? Cause I have show you that your facts are not really facts or facts that have changed as new information has emerged. It would be good for you to stop repeating the same mistakes.
    rthonpm likes this.
    10-17-13 07:33 AM
    Whatever you may call it but this war will intensify and the display technology will evolve rapidly ,so Blackberry should keep moving.
    BerryWizard and MarsupilamiX like this.
    10-17-13 07:39 AM
    And believe me Apple is working on very complex display technology.
    10-17-13 07:41 AM
    You may see next year end on their Iphone6.
    10-17-13 07:41 AM
    So another if we don't have it we don't need it. I agree it seems silly on a small screen but that isn't the point.

The point is everyone else is or will be using it which if BBRY doesn't its another thing to perpetuate that BBRY is old and behind.
    10-17-13 08:05 AM
    So another if we don't have it we don't need it. I agree it seems silly on a small screen but that isn't the point.

The point is everyone else is or will be using it which if BBRY doesn't its another thing to perpetuate that BBRY is old and behind.
    I and a certain number of already existing buyers definitely see a worth in such a display.
    Scientifically, it isn't idiotic as well.

But you are definitely correct.
    If it seems silly, is besides the point because BlackBerry doesn't operate outside of the competition.
    And BlackBerry doesn't have a lot of leeway right now.

When even WP8 will get 1080p support in the near future, and BlackBerry didn't even announce the plans for that, we definitely know that BlackBerry is way behind, once again.

The rumoured BBRY AQ series, apparently has a full-hd display, but I prefer an official announcement, over a rumoured device that won't be here before 6-10 months have passed.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Etios like this.
    10-17-13 08:27 AM
    BB will always be behind the curve, they do not design, engineer, and manufacture their own displays like Samsung or LG.

Nor do they have the mass purchasing power of Apple, with their low sales volume they will always be at mercy of their manufacturing partners.
    10-17-13 09:18 AM
    I and a certain number of already existing buyers definitely see a worth in such a display.
    Scientifically, it isn't idiotic as well.

But you are definitely correct.
    If it seems silly, is besides the point because BlackBerry doesn't operate outside of the competition.
    And BlackBerry doesn't have a lot of leeway right now.

When even WP8 will get 1080p support in the near future, and BlackBerry didn't even announce the plans for that, we definitely know that BlackBerry is way behind, once again.

The rumoured BBRY AQ series, apparently has a full-hd display, but I prefer an official announcement, over a rumoured device that won't be here before 6-10 months have passed.

Posted via CB10
    suuurrrreeee.....discussions like these bore me. You lost credibility points with that statement......just as how some BB fans talk out their you know what and get called out....so should you folks who talk utter bollocks. Still....carry on, an interesting conversation nonetheless
    10-17-13 09:19 AM
    suuurrrreeee.....discussions like these bore me. You lost credibility points with that statement......just as how some BB fans talk out their you know what and get called out....so should you folks who talk utter bollocks. Still....carry on, an interesting conversation nonetheless
    I had to read your comment twice to try to extract the value. Still can't find it.
    MarsupilamiX, m1a1mg and Etios like this.
    10-17-13 09:26 AM
    I am so confused.
    MarsupilamiX and Etios like this.
    10-17-13 09:37 AM
    I had to read your comment twice to try to extract the value. Still can't find it.
    You won't find any, because the rebuttal of my statement is impossible, at this point in time.
    And the sentences are quite confusing, as M1A1 evoked

Hardware wise, BlackBerry is behind pretty much everyone right now.
    Be it in terms of CPU, GPU, camera, screen tech, screen resolution or something useless like a fingerprint reader.

The same goes for the ecosystem of course.

What should be of note:
    I never said that I didn't like BB10.
    It's quite the contrary, especially in a 10.2 variant.
    If not I would have given my Z10 away by now.

It's just that the competition is yet again moving away from BlackBerry, in a pretty fast pace, in a time where BlackBerry barely catched up with the Z10 and Z30.

It's therefore very easy and factually correct, to say that BlackBerry is behind, yet again.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Etios like this.
    10-17-13 09:45 AM
    I'm not shocked by the responses here. Many BlackBerry fans and Apple fans have more in common than either want to admit, the biggest commonality being the mindset "If (BlackBerry or Apple) didn't put it in phone then it is (useless, overkill, not important)". The difference is that Apple can sell and make people believe their way of doing things is better, while BlackBerry cannot!
    MarsupilamiX, kbz1960 and Etios like this.
    10-17-13 09:55 AM
    The Z30 ppi is still above what the human eye can see at the proper viewing distance. Any differences you may think you see is with the display technology (S-Stripe OLED, LED, etc) and not the ppi.
    How about when the phone is hooked up to a 24" monitor? The mobile computing thing, if you recall. BB10's display resolution would look second rate compared to the competitors.
    10-17-13 10:52 AM
    Honestly nowadays it's not about the specs anymore it's about how efficient the system is. Efficiency = beauty

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01, OS 10.1 MR, Etisalat, UAE
    10-17-13 10:58 AM
    I personally don't care for 1080p on a smartphone. As I rarely watch videos on them tablets are another story but BlackBerry has already failed with tablets. But the price bb thinks they can sell devices for is abit of a joke. Everyone is different and if the market is demanding blackberry should provide.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-17-13 10:59 AM
    You won't find any, because the rebuttal of my statement is impossible, at this point in time.
    And the sentences are quite confusing, as M1A1 evoked

Hardware wise, BlackBerry is behind pretty much everyone right now.
    Be it in terms of CPU, GPU, camera, screen tech, screen resolution or something useless like a fingerprint reader.

The same goes for the ecosystem of course.

What should be of note:
    I never said that I didn't like BB10.
    It's quite the contrary, especially in a 10.2 variant.
    If not I would have given my Z10 away by now.

It's just that the competition is yet again moving away from BlackBerry, in a pretty fast pace, in a time where BlackBerry barely catched up with the Z10 and Z30.

It's therefore very easy and factually correct, to say that BlackBerry is behind, yet again.

Posted via CB10
    Is it really fair to say BlackBerry is behind MS because of an upcoming addition to Windows 8 that we don't even know will make it into a phone anytime soon?

MS/Nokia is probably the only competitor that Blackberry has better (spec wise) hardware out than. And whence I say better, it's really quite similar.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 11:13 AM
    How about when the phone is hooked up to a 24" monitor? The mobile computing thing, if you recall. BB10's display resolution would look second rate compared to the competitors.
    Not really. Since you are looking at it from a farther distance. I have hooked mine up to the 60 inch at work to demo and no one has complained. Looks fine to me.
    10-17-13 12:02 PM
    Is it really fair to say BlackBerry is behind MS because of an upcoming addition to Windows 8 that we don't even know will make it into a phone anytime soon?

MS/Nokia is probably the only competitor that Blackberry has better (spec wise) hardware out than. And whence I say better, it's really quite similar.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is behind Nokia, with things like Maps, the Camera and the overall ecosystem.
    This already is the case right now.

Since Nokia will be included into MS, I can therefore say that BlackBerry is behind MS in the hardware department and ecosystem.

Because MS already announced the support for 1080p with this update, and BlackBerry has categorically denied such a thing until now, I would say that it's a pretty safe bet, to announce WP8 ahead of BB10 in the hardware and software department for now.

Honestly nowadays it's not about the specs anymore it's about how efficient the system is. Efficiency = beauty

Posted via CB10 Z10 STL 100-01, OS 10.1 MR, Etisalat, UAE
    And now, my dear Arab friend, tell me how efficiency can provide me with a Full-HD display, even though I'm already having a phone with a 720p screen.

I don't know why, but that sounds like something unachievable.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 10-17-13 at 02:14 PM.
    10-17-13 02:00 PM
    BlackBerry is behind Nokia, with things like Maps, the Camera and the overall ecosystem.
    This already is the case right now.

Since Nokia will be included into MS, I can therefore say that BlackBerry is behind MS in the hardware department and ecosystem.

Because MS already announced the support for 1080p with this update, and BlackBerry has categorically denied such a thing until now, I would say that it's a pretty safe bet, to announce WP8 ahead of BB10 in the hardware and software department for now.

And now, my dear Arab friend, tell me how efficiency can provide me with a Full-HD display, even though I'm already having a phone with a 720p screen.

I don't know why, but that sounds like something unachievable.

Posted via CB10
    The camera is the only advantage the 1020 has over the Z30, all other hardware on the z30 is superior...better cpu, gpu, larger screen, larger battery, upgradeable memory. As for ecosystem, I give the edge to Windows phone like you.

Until there is a 1080p windows phone you can't list this as an advantage.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 02:33 PM
    Why is this Blackberry news and rumors?
    10-17-13 03:09 PM
    Why is this Blackberry news and rumors?
    Because I just knew that you and Bluenoser will come to the thread, and I wanted to annoy you.

Or maybe because WP is BlackBerry's self declared number one enemy that they have to beat.

And maybe because it shows that BlackBerry is behind, yet again.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 03:15 PM
    Because I just knew that you and Bluenoser will come to the thread, and I wanted to annoy you.

Or maybe because WP is BlackBerry's self declared number one enemy that they have to beat.

And maybe because it shows that BlackBerry is behind, yet again.

Posted via CB10
    Are any of these 1080p windows phones on the market? Did blackberry say they weren't going to make 1080p phones?
    10-17-13 03:37 PM
81 1234