It seems women have a problem with touch screen keyboard and they never talked about it till this video, and they need the blackberry fix !!!

Why Women Have a Harder Time Using iPhones - CNBC
    recompile and mikelcal like this.
    05-30-12 10:29 AM
    They talk about it all the time, well the ones with long nails. Anyways, they can still type on a touchscreen, they just have to adjust their typing style.
    05-30-12 10:36 AM
    This is a huge marketing opportunity for RIM if their new CMO can pounce quickly and effectively.
    05-30-12 11:12 AM
    It seems women have a problem with touch screen keyboard and they never talked about it till this video, and they need the blackberry fix !!!

Why Women Have a Harder Time Using iPhones - CNBC
    Maybe Apple will start selling iNailClipper as an accessory.
    BB10FTW, kbz1960 and wout000 like this.
    05-30-12 11:40 AM
    My wife agrees, she can not type on a touch screen. When she tries to use my 9860, just make a phone call it is an ordeal for her. She will never part with her 9900 for a touch screen device, ever!
    05-30-12 12:20 PM
    did you hear the last line. "blackberry fix it" slip of the tonge maybe
    bluetroll likes this.
    05-30-12 12:28 PM
    Alas, these days, one cannont do without touch screen phones.
    Having bought a Torch, I disagree. Will be going back to a physical keyboard one way or another.
    05-30-12 12:41 PM
    Long fingernails just won't work with a capacitive touch screen, It's a matter of physics as there is nothing to generate a charge for the screen to recognise as a touch.
    05-30-12 12:46 PM

I heard that, and that's what RIM needs to be aware of, even in the earlier video she was talking about the end of RIM but I think she still believes as many of us in RIM return
    05-30-12 12:46 PM
    In my experience, women who use a touchscreen phone for the first time just never had it explained to them that it's a capacitive screen. All their prior experiences have been with resistive screens. They were accustomed to the tap sound their nails made, and liked the sound as it substituted haptic feedback with auditory. Once they understand how capacitive devices work, it's not hard for them to adjust to.

I know numerous women with long nails who use touchscreen phones with no trouble at all. They're typing as fast, if not faster, than any man I know.

Penned via Tapatalk.
    05-30-12 01:41 PM
    I think if men can use touch screen keyboard for these phones, then it definitely shouldn't be a problem for women to use it.The only possible case is if their long nails are disturbing the process of using the touch screen, then they must themselves find out some creative way to use it.Alas, these days, one cannont do without touch screen phones.
    Some didn't went through the video ...
    "It's because women have COLDER fingers" one said.

BTW: title should be "Women asking Blackberry to Fix iPhone touch screen"
    05-30-12 03:49 PM
    Maybe someone from Apple can break it to women everywhere.

It's not the devices fault, you're just typing on it wrong.

05-30-12 03:53 PM
    In my experience, women who use a touchscreen phone for the first time just never had it explained to them that it's a capacitive screen. All their prior experiences have been with resistive screens. They were accustomed to the tap sound their nails made, and liked the sound as it substituted haptic feedback with auditory. Once they understand how capacitive devices work, it's not hard for them to adjust to.

I know numerous women with long nails who use touchscreen phones with no trouble at all. They're typing as fast, if not faster, than any man I know.

Penned via Tapatalk.
    I know many women who CAN type fast with a touchscreen phone, but don't like it compared to the Keyboard, though they keep the touchscreen phone because that's what "the cool people" have
    05-30-12 05:15 PM
    In the video they weren't talking about finger nails.

The genius on the right said women typically have colder hands compared to men...she said the iPhone screen is heat sensitive, so women, with colder hands, will find it harder to type

The iPhone screen isn't heat sensitive, it's capacitive touch technology

You can test this by using a grape on the iPhone screen
    Last edited by anthogag; 05-30-12 at 08:42 PM.
    05-30-12 08:39 PM
    didn't watch the clip.
    but all i have to say is "cut your darn nails." seems like an easy fix.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-30-12 09:42 PM
    Try telling women to cut their nails? Tell them they are doing it wrong when they are touching the screen just like we are? Type with a grape? I have news for you guys, it ain't gonna happen! Not everyone is obsessed with their phone, especially Women.

RIM, RIMM, or whatever we are calling it today, needs to have a 9900ish phone or Google and Apple will eat them up. And its not just the Women either. What is the most popular model right now?? One of the models with a full touch screen or one with a hobbled keypad and portrait screen? F NO! Its the 99XX.

Right Guys?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-31-12 03:12 AM
    As a woman with long nails most of the time (I shorten them when I travel} it's not the nails that bother me. i can type by adjusting how I hit the keys. I believe it's what the woman on the right said, that the fingers are colder.
    Right now my nails are short and I have the same problem, I simply am a terrible typist on touchscreen. There may be something to the colder fingertips theory.
    Superfly_FR and Shlooky like this.
    05-31-12 03:51 AM
    Actually this video(from the OP) is an excerpt from a longer video.
    Fiorina on Facebook and RIMM Stumble - CNBC

Go to about 4:20 to 4:30 on the video when they start talking about RIM. Carly Fiorina confesses that she loves her BlackBerry Bold and then go to 6:30 or so....
    Last edited by lotuslanderz; 05-31-12 at 05:26 AM.
    05-31-12 05:22 AM
    Try telling women to cut their nails? Tell them they are doing it wrong when they are touching the screen just like we are? Type with a grape? I have news for you guys, it ain't gonna happen! Not everyone is obsessed with their phone, especially Women.

RIM, RIMM, or whatever we are calling it today, needs to have a 9900ish phone or Google and Apple will eat them up. And its not just the Women either. What is the most popular model right now?? One of the models with a full touch screen or one with a hobbled keypad and portrait screen? F NO! Its the 99XX.

Right Guys?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I mentioned the grape because it's cold and works on the screen
    05-31-12 07:23 AM
    I have no sympathy for these women who suggest this. It's absurd to think you should be able to type with nails. I even hack of my nails so I can type quicker on the keyboard. If they want to keep those nails then bend the thumbs more so the thumb actually touches the screen. Geez, it's not rocket science.
    05-31-12 07:34 AM
    Long fingernails on women is old fashioned and outdated. they need to trim them down
    05-31-12 10:12 AM
    Maybe someone from Apple can break it to women everywhere.

It's not the devices fault, you're just typing on it wrong.

I can just picture it, now:

Caller: My name is Alice and I'm having a hard time typing on my iphone.

Tech: Hi, Alice. I'm Mark. We've seen this problem before and have a solution. The problem isn't our perfect phone. It's that your body was built wrong. We have a list of recommended plastic surgeons in your area who can fix you so you operate correctly with the perfect iPhone. It involves fingernail removal and joint realignment. Would you like me to email you the list of iDoctors?

Caller: [Hangs Up]

mikelcal likes this.
    05-31-12 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD