12-01-13 10:51 AM
113 ... 345
tools
    You mean pay Instagram a boat load of cash so they could get a native app?
    No. Microsoft built market share with cheaper devices running WP8. Even the flagship was $450 at launch. If they had played them a ton if cash, pretty sure we would have seen an Instagram client for WP8 well before this. Microsoft/Nokia is selling probably 3 times the devices per quarter now than BlackBerry. The Flagship price is increasing. This model is working. BlackBerry's model of price it high and people will buy because it has the name BlackBerry not only reeks of arrogance, but is a proven failed business plan! And because of this people are developing for the device the Windows phone device consumers are buying, and not for the one consumers are not buying and the company states is focusing on "prosumers".

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 10:05 AM
    No. Microsoft built market share with cheaper devices running WP8. Even the flagship was $450 at launch. If they had played them a ton if cash, pretty sure we would have seen an Instagram client for WP8 well before this. Microsoft/Nokia is selling probably 3 times the devices per quarter now than BlackBerry. The Flagship price is increasing. This model is working. BlackBerry's model of price it high and people will buy because it has the name BlackBerry not only reeks of arrogance, but is a proven failed business plan! And because of this people are developing for the device the Windows phone device consumers are buying, and not for the one consumers are not buying and the company states is focusing on "prosumers".

Posted via CB10

very true, and Google/Motorola realized this, hence the Moto G being released at 179$ off contract.

Nokia Lumia 1520 was just released. A 6" 1080p Windows Phone device. $599 off contract. When compared to the Galaxy Note/Mega on off contract prices its cheaper

Sent from my Red Nokia Lumia 920
    11-23-13 10:54 AM
    So where are we for bb10? Up until now bb10 and windows phone have been in the same position. Now windows phone has vine and Instagram and will pull away from bb10 because of these apps... obviously my opinion.

Instagram for Windows Phone will be available today | MobileSyrup.com

Posted via CB10
    That's true. It does give Windows Phone an advantage having Instagram, in addition to vine and Netflix. I just wish BlackBerry would have ponied up the cash to get the big named apps and banking aps on the BB10 platform. If they had done so, they would be further ahead in terms of sales of their devices.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    11-23-13 11:15 AM
    No. <snip>
    Sorry, forgot the sarcastic emoticon.

11-23-13 04:23 PM
    Sorry, forgot the sarcastic emoticon.

Sorry. Sarcasm is easy lost on the Internet

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 07:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. The big name app developers don't care about profit margins or how much the devices cost, they care about the amount of people in a user base that can grow their potential user base. There are a bunch of great and cheap Lumia devices that perform very well for the price and cover many aspects. This is why I don't get why BB10 phones are priced so high especially since they are a new platform. Even the flagships cost substantially less than the other flagships from other platforms. WP is starting to get nearly every major app at a rapid pace.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 10:00 PM
    Thank you. The big name app developers don't care about profit margins or how much the devices cost, they care about the amount of people in a user base that can grow their potential user base. There are a bunch of great and cheap Lumia devices that perform very well for the price and cover many aspects. This is why I don't get why BB10 phones are priced so high especially since they are a new platform. Even the flagships cost substantially less than the other flagships from other platforms. WP is starting to get nearly every major app at a rapid pace.

Posted via CB10

I just don't get why BB doesn't do anything to help their app store, sure you can install android apps on BB10. But that isn't the correct why to solve the app gap. I just don't think they have the money to get apps on their store. BB should at least approach Microsoft to get at least some financial support by building WPs

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    11-24-13 04:55 PM
    I just don't get why BB doesn't do anything to help their app store, sure you can install android apps on BB10. But that isn't the correct why to solve the app gap. I just don't think they have the money to get apps on their store. BB should at least approach Microsoft to get at least some financial support by building WPs

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    I like where you're coming from. They need a hardware partner that can just license the os.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 08:29 PM
    F'k iPhone, f'k android, and f'k instagram...haha...BlackBerry does all I need for my business purposes...BBM voice, BBM video, group chat, BBM channels, PowerPoint, Excel, Word...oh, and email....

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 10:19 PM
    F'k iPhone, f'k android, and f'k instagram...haha...BlackBerry does all I need for my business purposes...BBM voice, BBM video, group chat, BBM channels, PowerPoint, Excel, Word...oh, and email....

Posted via CB10
    Are you joking?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 10:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Such a high grade thread. Has so much to do with BlackBerry.

The forums are a mess anymore.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    11-30-13 11:01 PM
    well Microsoft is a tech titan what do you expect money talks
    At the time BB10 was at the end of development, BBRY had what, $5 billion in cash? I don't think it was a money issue.
    12-01-13 10:50 AM
    Such a high grade thread. Has so much to do with BlackBerry.

The forums are a mess anymore.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    Hmm. Mod deleted my reply last night. I still agree with you. They are a mess.

Verizon Z10 10.2.1.1055
    12-01-13 10:51 AM
113 ... 345