12-01-13 10:51 AM
113 1234 ...
tools
    with 10.2.1.1055 you can load the .apk off the Google app store on your BB browser and install IG no probrem
    MaxR_A likes this.
    11-20-13 03:20 PM
    Apparently Instagram for Windows is limited - it doesn't have the ability to take pictures within the app to post.

In Dumbest Possible Launch, Instagram’s Windows Phone App Leaves Out The Photo Taking | TechCrunch

and Boy was that post wrong.. That's what happens when Blogs want to be the first to post ... now they mask up their incompetence saying that it is complicated to tap the camera icon at the bottom ..

Pretty funny.
    11-20-13 03:25 PM
    Windows Phone has still many gaps to fill and if this comes, people will latch onto something else that is missing. I see the same with balckberry ...
    These articles are just becoming clickbaits for these blogs.
    11-20-13 03:28 PM
    Instagram novelty wears off I haven't used mine in at least 6 months couldn't care less about it. Same with Facebook vine the list goes on and on
    Kimberella likes this.
    11-20-13 03:30 PM
    igrann works great. it sucks that it does not have original filters but still it is great app to use.
    It's going to have native filters and video uploads in a future release, native filters he said he already has them just to find a way to incorporate them. Cant wait.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 03:30 PM
    Instagram on WP is actually a nice clean design.

It certainly has the ability to take pictures within the app.

Only thing missing is Video UPLOAD and Tagging people.

In the mean time, there are great 3rd Party IG apps like 6Tag and Instance
    theflew, Residing, Etios and 3 others like this.
    11-20-13 03:45 PM
    Instagram novelty wears off I haven't used mine in at least 6 months couldn't care less about it. Same with Facebook vine the list goes on and on
    As is the same with BlackBerry...

Sorry, while your attention span may be short.... FaceBook and Instagram are still growing. I don't use Instagram, nor have I posted more than a dozen photos to my FaceBook page. But I have kids and I see what they are doing and Instagram is VERY popular today.

It was a HUGE mistake/failure not having it at launch! That one app would have been worth them spending $25 million dollars for easy... and you can't tell me that Instagram would have turn down $25 Million and all the potential users (back when we thought they would sell 20 million 1st year).

There are options for BB users... but installing a leak and then installing a 3rd party store or a direct APK is not something most people will do. Just look how few users are on CrackBerry trying it. And then the app is a standalone app, doesn't work with the HUB or with the Gallery....

And who wants to use a 3rd Party App from a Developer that you don't know and thus might be hesitant to give your account info to.
    11-20-13 03:49 PM
    I read on twitter that they won't have the ability to upload photos on win phone, is that true? If it is then that's kinda pointless.

Posted via CB10
    You can upload photos, not video. You can use any of WP phone photo applications and share to Instagram. You can also open Instagram and take a photo, but with phones like the Lumia 1020 you're better off using Nokia Camera and sharing to Instagram.
    11-20-13 03:51 PM
    Sent from my Red Nokia Lumia 920
    Attached Thumbnails Windows Phone to get Instagram Today...-wp_ss_20131120_0002.png  
    brout likes this.
    11-20-13 03:59 PM
    I like the design.

Kris what's your choice though the IG built app or the one of the third parties, if so which?

And also, what do you think of iGrann although you don't have the chance to test it.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:04 PM
    My friends demanded I install instagram on my nexus7. In a month I have received 4 totally forgettable pics, and I have sent 2 equally worthless images. Instagram is not a game changer. Whats this other crapp, snap chat? Better get that waste of space, or you cant ever hope to be in 3rd place relative to phones you don't want.
    11-20-13 04:35 PM
    I like the design.

Kris what's your choice though the IG built app or the one of the third parties, if so which?

And also, what do you think of iGrann although you don't have the chance to test it.

Posted via CB10
    Right now native is nice on WP but it is labelled as a beta, and I've seen it crash once already.

6Tag is the IG app to have as 3rd party on WP8, and in my honest opinion for any 3rd party IG client to stride to be on any platform.

iGrann looks nice, actually reminds me of 6Tag by the main UI.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
    SirJes and Etios like this.
    11-20-13 04:56 PM
    Why don't people bother to read previous posts that are intellectually dissecting the situation and instead allow their whining to reveal their ignorance?
    11-20-13 05:01 PM
    Windows Phone to get Instagram Today...-img_00000532.png

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 05:38 PM
    well Microsoft is a tech titan what do you expect money talks
    Microsoft has the resources to compete against any of these developers (piggybacking on Skype) if they want. It's not an empty threat if they say "either you build it or we'll build a competing service and integrate it with Skype" and they'll see what happens then.

In fact, I'm surprised that Microsoft hasn't done more to make Skype basically a Facebook / Twitter competitor already.
    11-20-13 05:50 PM
    Hey native instagram app "iGrann" is definitely better than anything IG themselves can make (Obviously my opinion) there's also BlackGram

Native Vine app "Whine" is also set to release possibly before this month ends.

A native snapchat is in the works

native starbucks app is in blackberry world also."Make"

idk...what other big name apps is missing?
    Mmmm all cost money but official apps doesn't ??

That the defferince why should we pay money for native apps while we should get official for free

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 05:58 PM
    Microsoft has the resources to compete against any of these developers (piggybacking on Skype) if they want. It's not an empty threat if they say "either you build it or we'll build a competing service and integrate it with Skype" and they'll see what happens then.

In fact, I'm surprised that Microsoft hasn't done more to make Skype basically a Facebook / Twitter competitor already.

Well they don't need to compete with Facebook or twitter because they have a good relationship between them. Plus Skype is integrated into Windows 8.1 I suspect it'll be for WP8.1 with SMS support

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    11-20-13 06:01 PM
    We just got a snapchat client as well by the same guy who made 6Tag and 6sec so he's awesome

11-20-13 06:07 PM
    Attached Thumbnails Windows Phone to get Instagram Today...-wp_ss_20131120_0003.png  
    Residing and Etios like this.
    11-20-13 06:07 PM
    People, app availablility for certain platforms is not simply a coding issue. It's probable that the larger apps, like Instragram, want the OS provider to sign non-compete agreements, preventing the OS provider from developing or even accepting similar apps on their devices or in the their web stores. With Blackberry's history at providing a solution and not just a device, puts them at odds with some developers. You will never see Whatsapp on BB10 strickly because of BBM and the resulting competitive situation. Can you imagine Whatsapps' response to BBM going cross platform had they become a major app provider to Blackberry ?

Unfortunatively, Blackerry has got itself into a situation were unless they sell their soul (and limit future opportunities) major app suppliers will be reluctant to build native BB10 apps unless they get to completely "own" the market segment they play in.
    I don't follow you here. This non-competing thing doesn't make sense when Instagram is on iOS who has iMessage or whatever, Whatsapp and every other competing app along with Android.

Hey native instagram app "iGrann" is definitely better than anything IG themselves can make (Obviously my opinion) there's also BlackGram

Native Vine app "Whine" is also set to release possibly before this month ends.

A native snapchat is in the works

native starbucks app is in blackberry world also."Make"

idk...what other big name apps is missing?
    They are reasonable facsimiles of the originals. Maybe be native code but it isn't THE app. Don't know how much different that makes them though.
    11-20-13 06:09 PM
    And BBM will be on their way soon.
    11-20-13 06:45 PM
    dude. relax. it's a good thing about BBM exposing to other platforms :-)
    11-20-13 07:05 PM
    We have it too.
    11-20-13 07:06 PM
    We have it too.

ummm no we don't. Don't even mention igrann

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk
    11-20-13 07:13 PM
    ummm no we don't. Don't even mention igrann

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk
    Don't mention exactly what windows had until this point..why?

So if I have an app that does exactly what the others do-and sum- y shouldn't it be mentioned?

Posted via CB10
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    11-20-13 07:18 PM
113 1234 ...