12-01-13 09:51 AM
113 123 ...
tools
    So where are we for bb10? Up until now bb10 and windows phone have been in the same position. Now windows phone has vine and Instagram and will pull away from bb10 because of these apps... obviously my opinion.

Instagram for Windows Phone will be available today | MobileSyrup.com

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:10 PM
    Hey native instagram app "iGrann" is definitely better than anything IG themselves can make (Obviously my opinion) there's also BlackGram

Native Vine app "Whine" is also set to release possibly before this month ends.

A native snapchat is in the works

native starbucks app is in blackberry world also."Make"

idk...what other big name apps is missing?
    damien kupuku, bitek, vrud and 5 others like this.
    11-20-13 12:13 PM
    I have both on my bb10.....
    they work even better on 10.2.1
    11-20-13 12:13 PM
    So where are we for bb10? Up until now bb10 and windows phone have been in the same position. Now windows phone has vine and Instagram and will pull away from bb10 because of these apps... obviously my opinion.

Instagram for Windows Phone will be available today | MobileSyrup.com

Posted via CB10
    Don't hold your breathe. At this point, I'm not sure BB10 will ever "officially" get Instagram or Vine. There are other options though.
    11-20-13 12:14 PM
    The app reportedly features the same filters that iPhone and Android users have, but the experience will be limited to just photos and lacks video uploads. An rep from Instagram stated that “We’re not finished, and our team will continue developing the Windows Phone app to keep releasing features and bringing you the best Instagram possible.”
    --------------------

Pic Tagger for Z30, Z10, Q10, Q5
    11-20-13 12:20 PM
    I've always had Instagram. It's a lot of fuss about nothing but ya, a native app would be nice I guess.

Posted via CB10
    mrzeolite likes this.
    11-20-13 12:21 PM
    They are even getting Waze and Mint.com is coming soon
    11-20-13 12:35 PM
    But we do got Waze right? As an Android port?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:40 PM
    Money well spent by Microsoft. They're doing what's needed to lure in potential customers and solidify third place.
    Think about it, if we factor in the cost of the z10 write offs and horrible advertising dollars spent on the Super Bowl alone paying for big name apps would have been cheaper and perhaps more beneficial to BlackBerry. How many times have we seen on this forum so and so sales rep is pushing customers away because X app is missing.
    11-20-13 12:42 PM
    They also got Waze today.
    11-20-13 12:43 PM
    I read on twitter that they won't have the ability to upload photos on win phone, is that true? If it is then that's kinda pointless.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:52 PM
    People, app availablility for certain platforms is not simply a coding issue. It's probable that the larger apps, like Instragram, want the OS provider to sign non-compete agreements, preventing the OS provider from developing or even accepting similar apps on their devices or in the their web stores. With Blackberry's history at providing a solution and not just a device, puts them at odds with some developers. You will never see Whatsapp on BB10 strickly because of BBM and the resulting competitive situation. Can you imagine Whatsapps' response to BBM going cross platform had they become a major app provider to Blackberry ?

Unfortunatively, Blackerry has got itself into a situation were unless they sell their soul (and limit future opportunities) major app suppliers will be reluctant to build native BB10 apps unless they get to completely "own" the market segment they play in.
    11-20-13 12:53 PM
    Apparently Instagram for Windows is limited - it doesn't have the ability to take pictures within the app to post.

In Dumbest Possible Launch, Instagram’s Windows Phone App Leaves Out The Photo Taking | TechCrunch

Pretty funny.
    11-20-13 12:54 PM
    You will never see Whatsapp on BB10 strickly because of BBM and the resulting competitive situation. Can you imagine Whatsapps' response to BBM going cross platform had they become a major app provider to Blackberry ?
    ...I'm confused by this statement...Whatsapp has been available for months now on BlackBerry10.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 12:57 PM
    I read on twitter that they won't have the ability to upload photos on win phone, is that true? If it is then that's kinda pointless.

Posted via CB10
    you can in the app. I have the app
    brout likes this.
    11-20-13 12:58 PM
    People, app availablility for certain platforms is not simply a coding issue. It's probable that the larger apps, like Instragram, want the OS provider to sign non-compete agreements, preventing the OS provider from developing or even accepting similar apps on their devices or in the their web stores. With Blackberry's history at providing a solution and not just a device, puts them at odds with some developers. You will never see Whatsapp on BB10 strickly because of BBM and the resulting competitive situation. Can you imagine Whatsapps' response to BBM going cross platform had they become a major app provider to Blackberry ?

Unfortunatively, Blackerry has got itself into a situation were unless they sell their soul (and limit future opportunities) major app suppliers will be reluctant to build native BB10 apps unless they get to completely "own" the market segment they play in.
    Huh?? What's app is on bb10...
    Barljo likes this.
    11-20-13 12:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    No that is incorrect. The app simply doesn't incorporate the ability to shoot a photo from within the app. Though it will come in a future release. You can upload all you want, but you gotta shoot the pic from the camera app first.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    cwalt2166 and vrud like this.
    11-20-13 01:00 PM
    Apparently Instagram for Windows is limited - it doesn't have the ability to take pictures within the app to post.

In Dumbest Possible Launch, Instagram’s Windows Phone App Leaves Out The Photo Taking | TechCrunch

Pretty funny.
    You can take pictures in the app. I have the app itself. you just tap the camera icon and take a pic after it's finished it goes to the filter page
    brout likes this.
    11-20-13 01:00 PM
    Hey native instagram app "iGrann" is definitely better than anything IG themselves can make (Obviously my opinion) there's also BlackGram

Native Vine app "Whine" is also set to release possibly before this month ends.

A native snapchat is in the works

native starbucks app is in blackberry world also."Make"

idk...what other big name apps is missing?
    igrann works great. it sucks that it does not have original filters but still it is great app to use.
    11-20-13 01:03 PM
    Here's mine...lol

Windows Phone to get Instagram Today...-img_00000010.png

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 01:07 PM
    You can take pictures in the app. I have the app itself. you just tap the camera icon and take a pic after it's finished it goes to the filter page

Hmm...so I wonder what TechCrunch is talking about........
    11-20-13 01:09 PM
    Every site reviewing it can't do so with their WP devices. Though the Camera Button does take them to the camera app instead of an internal camera with live filters.

11-20-13 01:17 PM
    And then there was one.

Up until now bb10 and windows phone have been in the same position. Now windows phone has vine and Instagram and will pull away from bb10 because of these apps... obviously my opinion.
    Even before this, Windows Phone was in a better position in terms of native apps. It has Netflix and Hulu Plus, etc. It was the same as Blackberry in terms of missing the biggest name apps; but, it had a bunch of the second tier big name apps that Blackberry was missing. (No, I don't have the actual list; but, this has been discussed on Crackberry before.)

Every site reviewing it can't do so with their WP devices. Though the Camera Button does take them to the camera app instead of an internal camera with live filters.

Engadget just edited their article to say it can. There are screen shots. The early review sites all had it wrong.

Instagram comes to Windows Phone Store today without in-app image capture or video support (update: image capture is there)
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 11-20-13 at 01:41 PM.
    brout and Poirots Progeny like this.
    11-20-13 01:30 PM
    If Windows Phone can get Instagram and Vine, then why can't Malek's team get these apps on BlackBerry?
    11-20-13 01:38 PM
    If Windows Phone can get Instagram and Vine, then why can't Malek's team get these apps on BlackBerry?
    well Microsoft is a tech titan what do you expect money talks
    brout likes this.
    11-20-13 01:46 PM
113 123 ...