12-21-15 10:20 PM
222 1234 ...
tools
    I dont do anything illegal, so I could care less. Also, I haven't known of a type writter that has used ribbons in ages.
    If you don't care about security why not post your personal information, address, SIN#, banking details, logins and passwords. I'll be waiting ....
    Allanon89, lift, pomidor and 2 others like this.
    07-29-15 06:12 PM
    Then make all communications using invisible ink.

Get your Playboys ready.
    Nasty! So Bond was using some old dudes INK not his own to write invisible messages? NASTY!
    07-29-15 06:33 PM
    If you don't care about security why not post your personal information, address, SIN#, banking details, logins and passwords. I'll be waiting ....
    what? How does 'not doing anything illegal' have to do with 'not caring about security'.

Not doing anything illegal means you are OK with the border agent checking through your car. That doesn't mean you are also OK with that shady guy in the 7 eleven parking lot checking through your car.

Posted via CB10
    dolco, Allanon89, jas1978 and 1 others like this.
    07-29-15 06:49 PM
    Pffff telepathy > BlackBerry. Nothing more secure than mind-to-mind communications

Until surprise Vulcan Mind Meld!!!

Tim-ANC, diegonei and Karan Mohal like this.
    07-29-15 07:21 PM
    If you want to see the extent to Microsoft copied Android,,, do not do an express install when installing Windows 10... choose advanced instead... as you scroll through the screens to select your settings...you would swear you are using a Google products... all the goodies from GPS to data mining... when you express install you agree to all these default and invasive options. if you have installed it with express option... go to privacy settings and you can modify "some" of the options.... just a bad as the bloatware you see when installing "free software" off the internet... as usual... never install any software of app using default/express options...
    07-29-15 07:24 PM
    NOW, you're worried about security????
    Then you need to look at the BIGGER picture, first.

We have great security.
    Take "Homeland Security" for example.

Our very own government sanctioned club which allows them to invade your freedom, for any reason, without any excuse.
    You want security AND freedom?
    You need to revolt against the corruption that is the government that you rely on FOR your security and freedom!

Taking into consideration that the United States Government is the largest and most powerful terrorist organization on the planet.... good luck on the security issue!!
    (in my opinion, of course)

kbz1960 and pomidor like this.
    07-29-15 07:39 PM
    Pffff telepathy > BlackBerry. Nothing more secure than mind-to-mind communications

http://media.giphy.com/media/eVHDkr6EsFLUY/giphy.gif

Until surprise Vulcan Mind Meld!!!

https://trekadams.files.wordpress.co...0/spock-mm.jpg
    Not a Mind Meld, Spock is giving Kirk the Vulcan Death Grip.
    07-29-15 07:51 PM
    I have not upgraded my Windows 8.1 machine to 10 yet, but I'm aware of the complaints about forced updates and launch bugs.
    Forced updates are a security issue that ensures no one complains about a security fault later. We see that on our cellphones already and even the great Apple forced two of them on us recently (without warning).
    No update ever goes smooth for everyone so let's give them a bit of time to see how the %s work out.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    07-29-15 07:55 PM
    WiFi sense is turned on by default in express setup but you actually have to set the network as shared as it aint shared automatically. so it really aint a problem
    07-29-15 08:15 PM
    Forced updates are a security issue that ensures no one complains about a security fault later. We see that on our cellphones already and even the great Apple forced two of them on us recently (without warning).
    No update ever goes smooth for everyone so let's give them a bit of time to see how the %s work out.

I don't know how it'll work on the mobile devices.... But on any computer, even with forced updates, you can simply go into your control panel and "programs and features" and in the upper left column "View Installed updates" and you then have the option to uninstall any of the update you don't want!
    07-29-15 09:42 PM
    Not at all... Kirk just finished a nice plate of GAGH & one got away... could have caused show cancellation violating FCC standards...also would have stirred up the PETA crowd !!
    Windows 10 seems a security nightmare-gagh.jpg
    Is Windows 10 Gagh free ??
    Posted via CB10
    69goat and diegonei like this.
    07-29-15 09:51 PM
    I don't know how it'll work on the mobile devices.... But on any computer, even with forced updates, you can simply go into your control panel and "programs and features" and in the upper left column "View Installed updates" and you then have the option to uninstall any of the update you don't want!
    Windows 10 is just officially released but on Beta you could not removed a forced update. Neither can you on my rMBP for the two Apple pushed out recently. There is a reason they are forced. Any normal Windows XP/7/8 update yes you can.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    07-29-15 09:53 PM
    Nasty! So Bond was using some old dudes INK not his own to write invisible messages? NASTY!
    Am sure ever since Bond came in late 50's he has used siemens equipment to communicate effectively esp with fairer sex
    07-29-15 09:55 PM
    We'll gonna find out after this..

Windows 10 seems a security nightmare-img_20150730_093100.jpg

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    hellomoto921 likes this.
    07-29-15 10:04 PM
    Damn, good catch. Guess I don't watch enough of TOS, lol
    69goat likes this.
    07-30-15 02:27 AM
    You have a choice to allow MS to gather that info, or not. It is right at the beginning of the final setup, and it tells you, in plain English (or whichever language you use) what you are allowing.
    07-30-15 03:33 AM
    They'll get your stuff anyhow...

You have a choice to allow MS to gather that info, or not. It is right at the beginning of the final setup, and it tells you, in plain English (or whichever language you use) what you are allowing.
    lift likes this.
    07-30-15 03:35 AM
    I'd be happy with just the email address, mother's maiden name, hometown, and name of first pet.
    dejanh, lift, clickitykeys and 1 others like this.
    07-30-15 03:43 AM
    They already have all that as well as your 1st car & favorite teacher...

I'd be happy with just the email address, mother's maiden name, hometown, and name of first pet.
    07-30-15 04:01 AM
    Wonder if you can ever truly 'delete' your wifi credential info from their servers if you inadvertently used the Express set up...

Posted via CB10
    You still have to opt in each wifi credential the first time you use them, so if I understand correctly nothing is collected at that point (I turned it off in setting during set-up).
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    07-30-15 04:18 AM
    I dont do anything illegal, so I could care less. Also, I haven't known of a type writter that has used ribbons in ages.
    "Couldn't care less"

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    diegonei likes this.
    07-30-15 04:30 AM
    what? How does 'not doing anything illegal' have to do with 'not caring about security'.

Not doing anything illegal means you are OK with the border agent checking through your car. That doesn't mean you are also OK with that shady guy in the 7 eleven parking lot checking through your car.

Posted via CB10
    That's my point. you should care about security and privacy regardless of your activities. security isn't about catching you doing illegal things, it is about ensuring that others don't do illegal or questionable or just plain stupid things with your info.
    07-30-15 05:23 AM
    Can't wait to get it and could care less about them mining my search info but beyond that forget about it.
    07-30-15 06:09 AM
    To be accurate, it was a fake death grip.
    69goat and fkornre like this.
    07-30-15 07:41 AM
    I chew tobacco. I'm an NRA member. I still alcohol. I own assault rifles. Lived in Russia. My daughter in-law is a Chinese national. I voted for Sarah Palin and I still can't get the NSA to notice me.

Its only my healthy narcissism that keeps me believing my personal information is worth stealing.
    Carl Estes, LuisCast and pbeasley like this.
    07-30-15 07:51 AM
222 1234 ...