12-21-15 09:20 PM
222 123 ...
tools
    Wifi-sense sharing your SSID/key, EULA that claims Microsoft can sniffer and storage all your data in his servers to shape ads services (or NSA?)

It's Windows 10 the new Android OS for desktops? It's Microsoft becoming a new "Google company" mining your data like crazy?

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 11:18 AM
    I can't comment till it gets installed on my laptop. Haven't seen it or used it yet.
    jezy1m3rchant likes this.
    07-29-15 11:23 AM
    If you want security and privacy... don't use the internet.

If you do use it, don't do anything that would attract the attention of the NSA and you should be fine.

But you might also want to go read over you ISP Service Disclosures..... Comcast/Xfiinity's even has a "Law Enforcement Handbook" attached.
    07-29-15 11:34 AM
    I do like the forcing of Windows updates, though.

Would probably irritate the same crowd that thinks 10.3.2 is haram, but they're all probably on XP anyway.
    07-29-15 11:35 AM
    Just about everything we use is sniffed in some manner by the provider, some more than others.
    I have been using Windows 10 in beta since October last year and just updated my own desktop into the Pro version and love it.
    We need to stop with the paranoia, if not use landlines and typewriters as it won't get any better.
    07-29-15 11:36 AM
    , if not use landlines and typewriters as it won't get any better.
    Landlines can be tapped and you can retrieve what was typed from used ribbons...
    07-29-15 11:44 AM
    Landlines can be tapped and you can retrieve what was typed from used ribbons...
    Then make all communications using invisible ink.

Get your Playboys ready.
    07-29-15 11:52 AM
    The cone of silence...
    07-29-15 12:03 PM
    Then make all communications using invisible ink.

Get your Playboys ready.

all my impo-tent communication is done telepathically.
    07-29-15 12:04 PM
    Privacy? What's privacy?

Posted via CB10
    AquaL3o likes this.
    07-29-15 12:14 PM
    At least Wi-Fi Sense can be turned off. But, it is on by default.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 02:14 PM
    I dont do anything illegal, so I could care less. Also, I haven't known of a type writter that has used ribbons in ages.
    07-29-15 02:54 PM
    So, what happens to all these free upgrades to Windows 10, after the one year period expires? Maybe the wrong thread. Sorry.
    07-29-15 02:57 PM
    I dont do anything illegal, so I could care less.
    That means you care, no?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 03:00 PM
    I dont do anything illegal, so I could care less.
    I don't either, but that attitude right there is why so many companies out there think they can collect whatever data they want from you and do whatever they want with it.
    You have a right to privacy and it has gotten to the point that people are just brainwashed to the point of thinking that no matter what you do you are being data mined and it is OK.
    I am still running Windows 7 on my desktop and Laptops and have no plans what so ever to go to Windows 10 without first doing some very serious research. Free upgrade or not!
    07-29-15 03:01 PM
    To us Crackberrians every other non-BlackBerry device/OS/etc is a "security nightmare".
    07-29-15 03:09 PM
    If you want that king of security create your own network for one and that one will only be you, as long as a second person is allowed in, you are at risk, even logging onto Crack Berry puts you a risk, so don't worry be happy.
    07-29-15 03:20 PM
    To us Crackberrians every other non-BlackBerry device/OS/etc is a "security nightmare".
    Yes there are many that suffer from that delusion. But the rest of us are still holding out hope that one day y'all will peer out from you tinfoil bunker and catch wind of reality.

Then again, it's good that you're all here in one place
    07-29-15 03:24 PM
    If you want that king of security create your own network for one and that one will only be you, as long as a second person is allowed in, you are at risk, even logging onto Crack Berry puts you a risk, so don't worry be happy.
    Ohhh... what a wonderful world!!!! Happy happy! I will be happily cracked with the best of my smiles!

Thanks friend!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-15 04:07 PM
    I'm running it right now. Seems all right from a usability perspective. I turned off Wifi sharing in the setup as it gave the option to do so.
    diegonei likes this.
    07-29-15 04:26 PM
    So, what happens to all these free upgrades to Windows 10, after the one year period expires? Maybe the wrong thread. Sorry.
    One year free is just for update from Windows 7/8.x. After this one free year you have pay for update from Windows 7/8.x. Windows 10 will get updates from Microsoft (at least) for 10 years with no other fees.
    Xaiux, jaydee5799 and bungaboy like this.
    07-29-15 04:32 PM
    Wow.

You mean some people still misunderstood what MS said? It was perfectly clear to me the first time they said it as what Dolco said above.

Posted via CB10
    dolco likes this.
    07-29-15 04:50 PM
    I have not upgraded my Windows 8.1 machine to 10 yet, but I'm aware of the complaints about forced updates and launch bugs.
    07-29-15 04:57 PM
    BTW, I don't know if everyone here knows what Wi-Fi Sense is all about. It has nothing to do with whether or not you're doing anything illegal. It's about sharing your SSID and login to your own Wi-Fi network with potentially all your contacts, including Facebook friends - which other articles pointed out.

There's an article about it here:

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/07/...with-contacts/

Partial quick description here...

This brilliant new feature, which Microsoft has dubbed Wi-Fi Sense, doesn’t share your WiFi network password per se — it shares an encrypted version of that password. But it does allow anyone in your Skype or Outlook or Hotmail contacts lists to waltz onto your Wi-Fi network — should they ever wander within range of it or visit your home (or hop onto it secretly from hundreds of yards away with a good ‘ole cantenna!).

I first read about this disaster waiting to happen over at The Register, which noted that Microsoft’s Wi-Fi Sense FAQ seeks to reassure would-be Windows 10 users that the Wi-Fi password will be sent encrypted and stored encrypted — on a Microsoft server. According to PCGamer, if you use Windows 10’s “Express” settings during installation, Wi-Fi Sense is enabled by default.
    lift, Tim-ANC, dolco and 1 others like this.
    07-29-15 05:03 PM
    Wonder if you can ever truly 'delete' your wifi credential info from their servers if you inadvertently used the Express set up...

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    07-29-15 05:08 PM
222 123 ...