09-23-13 02:17 PM
43 12
tools
    Your Z10 is already useless (no apps), why would a few weeks change anything?
    Cynycl likes this.
    09-23-13 07:58 AM
    This company is a model on how to kill your business and alienate your loyal customers

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 12:09 PM
    Your Z10 is already useless (no apps), why would a few weeks change anything?
    No apps? What apps am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 12:35 PM
    No apps? What apps am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure about you but I think I am missing:

Pocket Informant
    Voice (Siri) driven reminders and task list
    Flight Track
    Flight Update Pro
    TripIt
    American Airlines
    Amtrak
    Star Alliance Navigator
    Kindle
    Springpad
    Asana
    Basecamp
    Evernote
    Google Maps
    Audible
    Omni Focus
    Dictamus
    Momento

Should I go to the second screen on my phone to look for more?
    09-23-13 12:40 PM
    Evernote is released Google maps is sideloable or buy BeMaps for $1, rest can be side loaded. Or developers could do the bare minimum and bring their Android ports over.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 12:49 PM
    Evernote is released Google maps is sideloable or buy BeMaps for $1, rest can be side loaded. Or developers could do the bare minimum and bring their Android ports over.

Posted via CB10

Sideload doesn't count. So one of the ones I mentioned, or are you talking about Remember? Does the Evernote have things like photograph notebook pages with the PageView? Even so, one out of what 10, on my first screen. Android and Apple are in a battle over over mobile computing with cloud storage as part of it. I don't think developers are going to port things because they would have to support them. And with last weeks announcement? Who would touch them at this point.
    09-23-13 12:54 PM
    It will keep working just fine.
    09-23-13 12:55 PM
    Will my Z10 be useless in a few weeks?-img_00000784.png

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 12:57 PM
    I could say the same about Android, who would touch them at this point with the thousands of fake apps? Oops I got virus... Apple iOS is still inferior OS to BB10. all my cloud solutions are on BB10 I have box, dropbox or send directly to my home server.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 12:59 PM
    Sideloading counts if it works smoothly and flawlessly. The average person can't be bothered to know how to use a computer, that's their choice. I'll be enjoying the advantages.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:01 PM
    New rule, ask "Will it still work?" get shot on sight.
    09-23-13 01:04 PM
    I'm not sure about you but I think I am missing:

Pocket Informant
    Voice (Siri) driven reminders and task list
    Flight Track
    Flight Update Pro
    TripIt
    American Airlines
    Amtrak
    Star Alliance Navigator
    Kindle
    Springpad
    Asana
    Basecamp
    Evernote
    Google Maps
    Audible
    Omni Focus
    Dictamus
    Momento

Should I go to the second screen on my phone to look for more?
    Kindle is in App World. Works just fine, even as a port. I have Google Navigation side loaded and it works great (even goes into night view on its own). Evernote is native in 10.2 and now has its own app in App World.

Don't know what most of the other things on that list are, so they must not be important to me (and when it comes to my needs, only "me" matters - of course, I can't, and don't, speak for everyone).

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:14 PM
    Kindle is in App World. Works just fine, even as a port. I have Google Navigation side loaded and it works great (even goes into night view on its own). Evernote is native in 10.2 and now has its own app in App World.

Don't know what most of the other things on that list are, so they must not be important to me (and when it comes to my needs, only "me" matters - of course, I can't, and don't, speak for everyone).

Posted via CB10
    Really 10.2 is out? No one told me. And that Evernote seems to be missing the page photograph feature in Android and iOS. It allows you to photograph a notebook page of handwritten text and it goes through handwriting recognition and indexing when uploaded.

Of course not all apps are useful to all people. The point is that there are worlds of useful productivity apps available on other platforms that aren't available on BB. They are likely a different subset of apps from one person to the next. But that actually makes the problem harder to solve since a few key apps only help so much. Those apps let me communicate, manage and follow progress projects, manage tasks, dictate text for transcription, manage travel (boarding passes, alternate flights, etc) all in a way that would be a LOT harder without them.
    09-23-13 01:27 PM
    Sideloading counts if it works smoothly and flawlessly. The average person can't be bothered to know how to use a computer, that's their choice. I'll be enjoying the advantages.

Posted via CB10
    I don't need to "enjoy the advantages". Nor do I need a computer to get software, I can do it online.
    09-23-13 01:29 PM
    Well BlackBerry just got an offer... so we will see

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:37 PM
    Really 10.2 is out? No one told me.
    Well, to be fair, I loaded one of the leaks last week that includes it. Didn't want to wait until next year, which is my estimate of when AT&T will get around to releasing it (based on history, rather than facts). And, I haven't delved into Evernote to really see all it does, or doesn't, do.

By the way, after the news, has anyone's Z10 poofed into ashes yet? Or does that not happen until the sale is finalized?

Posted via CB10
    FantomLightning likes this.
    09-23-13 01:46 PM
    Well, to be fair, I loaded one of the leaks last week that includes it. Didn't want to wait until next year, which is my estimate of when AT&T will get around to releasing it (based on history, rather than facts). And, I haven't delved into Evernote to really see all it does, or doesn't, do.

By the way, after the news, has anyone's Z10 poofed into ashes yet? Or does that not happen until the sale is finalized?

Posted via CB10

I actually have a Q10 so I can't say for sure. Seriously though, of course not. I was responding to a post that seemed to me to minimize the use of apps. And as you correctly said, each person needs their own set of apps, I think the general trend around here (not by you I should add) to ignore the importance of apps or to imply that those that use them are using toys or not serious in some ways is quite wrong and ignores what I think is BBs major weakness.
    09-23-13 01:51 PM
    It will continue to work with active sync and pop etc etc if there was no BlackBerry tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:17 PM
43 12