12-17-13 11:25 PM
105 ... 345
tools
    An afterthought.
    Do you know this for a fact or just making it up?
    12-16-13 08:34 PM
    It takes away your privacy. I will not ever use opt in iBeacon. Even CBC had posted this. CBC News - iBeacon: How much privacy would you give up for a coupon?

Anyway, what will the security be for the iBeacon?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    From your link: "That's where the potential to be tracked comes in. If a nearby iBeacon triggers the download of a coupon, suddenly, there's a link between the coupon, your phone, and exactly where you were standing the store when you triggered it all."

OMG, that's just terrifying . For those that are concerned about the security and privacy risk of iBeacons, perhaps a special tin foil case can be used?
    12-16-13 08:58 PM
    From your link: "That's where the potential to be tracked comes in. If a nearby iBeacon triggers the download of a coupon, suddenly, there's a link between the coupon, your phone, and exactly where you were standing the store when you triggered it all."

OMG, that's just terrifying . For those that are concerned about the security and privacy risk of iBeacons, perhaps a special tin foil case can be used?
    Yeah, let's all start tinfoil hatting now. Hope I can pay for my foil using NFC at the checkout, hahaha....

Jokes aside, there are valid points, and I am concerned about security and privacy (that's why I use a BBRY!). What happens if you lose your phone with NFC /tap'n'go active, and forgot to lock it, or no auto-lock active? Who will be liable if someone takes it and goes on a shopping spree? Credit card company? Same liability as the card itself? Questions...

My name is Prem, I'm using BBM ... from my QuZe10 ...whatarhyme...
    12-17-13 09:08 PM
    I see people use NFC (from their phone) here in the US all the time. What are you basing your claim on? Myself, as someone who has numerous retail outlets as clients, I see it quite often.

Are you confusing "no one in the US" with the more accurate "I myself personally don't use it"?

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    No one here uses that. Most people I know who have or do work in retail say the same. NFC has thus far been a bust in the US for the most part.

Also, it has issues when your phone is cased. I don't have time to uncase my phone everything I make a purchase so that the NFC can work correctly.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 4
    12-17-13 11:12 PM
    Do you know this for a fact or just making it up?
    This is Apple. Security is ALWAYS an afterthought. The process goes:
    1. Make money
    2. Ensure that users cannot easily switch to competing products
    3. Ensure that users do not want to switch to competing products
    4. Resolve problems that ARE forcing users to switch to competing products
    5. "goodwill" (promotions, user convenience, user security, etc)
    12-17-13 11:25 PM
105 ... 345