Just seen Crackberry's updates on the new CDMA BlackBerrys coming out this year, and really like the specs they have listed for the Montana. Even though it's screen size will be a little bit smaller than a Torch, the overall specs are so much better than the Torch (currently I have a Sprint Curve 8330) and holding on to my SP upgrade for a decent BlackBerry upgrade, well I think my next BlackBerry will be the Montana...only question is...WILL Sprint be having this device? and will they have it between April and June? anyone that has info on this device please help me
    01-31-11 10:10 AM
    There's a 50-50 chance they might carry it if Verizon doesn't land an exclusive deal first...or it could be a Sprint-only exclusive...

I'd say yes
    01-31-11 10:14 AM
    Although there is a good possibility that it may make its way to more carriers, the roadmap that was shown looks like there won't be any new CDMA devices until Q3. That would mean July at the earliest, or even as late as the end of September.
    01-31-11 10:18 AM
    Since it's CDMA...i'm hoping that both Sprint & Verizon release it at the same time...some of my family have Sprint and some have Verizon, and they have BlackBerrys...AND these phones will have enhanced 6 OS (hopefully flash compatible?)
    01-31-11 10:37 AM
    Although there is a good possibility that it may make its way to more carriers, the roadmap that was shown looks like there won't be any new CDMA devices until Q3. That would mean July at the earliest, or even as late as the end of September.
    My Sprint contract ends in June...so i can wait til August...and now that Sprint is changing thier Sprint Premier upgrades...i'm gonna be MORE careful in getting my next smartphone (since it may have to hold me for 2yrs)...but pretty sure the Montana would hold me for 2yrs (****, i've had my 8330 for 2 1/2 yrs lol)
    01-31-11 10:40 AM
    There was another post on here somewhere that stated it'd be here at the end of August?

Guess if I have to wait that long I will. I really don't want to leave Sprint and my Simply Data plan.

Edit - Found the article.

BlackBerry Montana and Monaco Coming to Sprint Before Q2 End?
    01-31-11 02:52 PM
    There was another post on here somewhere that stated it'd be here at the end of August?

Guess if I have to wait that long I will. I really don't want to leave Sprint and my Simply Data plan.

Edit - Found the article.

BlackBerry Montana and Monaco Coming to Sprint Before Q2 End?
    Hopefully before August also regarding the Sprint Premier Upgrade, if you are the primary person or have a family data plan over $169.00, then you still have a yearly upgrade.
    01-31-11 02:56 PM
    Hopefully before August also regarding the Sprint Premier Upgrade, if you are the primary person or have a family data plan over $169.00, then you still have a yearly upgrade.
    I don't. I have the Simply Data and it's just me. I'm a single chick.

However, my 22nd month will be in either November or December so maybe by then if they do get this it'll either be close enough for me to get it or I can just wait another couple months until Christmas.
    01-31-11 03:48 PM
    I don't. I have the Simply Data and it's just me. I'm a single chick.

However, my 22nd month will be in either November or December so maybe by then if they do get this it'll either be close enough for me to get it or I can just wait another couple months until Christmas.
    Do you have the BlackBerry 450 minutes data plan from Sprint $69.00? if you do, you should be qualified for the Sprint premier yearly upgrade plan
    01-31-11 04:45 PM
    Here's to hoping they get these phones as soon as possible. I've been waiting on a new BlackBerry (Tour Hold out, hey mine works) for about 2 years now. Once they open up the new phones though, I will definitely make a play to get one.

I must admit, I am truly excited.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 05:56 PM
    Speculation = Guess. Frustrating thats all we can do.
    01-31-11 08:31 PM
    Do you have the BlackBerry 450 minutes data plan from Sprint $69.00? if you do, you should be qualified for the Sprint premier yearly upgrade plan
    Yep. That what I've got. From my understanding, it now is based on pricing and that puts me in the silver category and puts me out of the yearly upgrade and instead puts me in the 22 months upgrade.

I copied that from Sprint's page. According to this, my plan falls into the Silver category and after April, I won't be eligible for an upgrade until my 22nd month which is October.

Edit -

So if Sprint does release the Monaco (which is the one I want but the Montana is my 2nd option), I'll only get $75 off of the phone since my last upgrade was in Feb 2010. I'll only get $75 off a new phone if I ante up and take a 2 year contract because it hasn't been 22 months. $75 aint crap when we're talking about a $500 BlackBerry. Soooo...Sprint has until April to release it or I'm screwed.

Last edited by ColdSunshine; 02-01-11 at 09:02 AM.
    02-01-11 08:46 AM
    I'd rather take the 1 year contract for $75 less upfront. But that's just me.
    02-01-11 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD