Just want 2 no will any blackberry ever have a flash player its the only thing it needs for the browser

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 07:14 PM
    Yes. But not until the devices running QNX (and maybe device OS 6.1) are released.

So don't expect it on your current device.
    03-22-11 08:04 PM
    Only the Playbook at this point.
    03-22-11 08:24 PM
    I wouldn't hold my breath on that. They've got Flash on the PB for the 'complete browsinng experience'. If they can't figure out a way to run it on a handheld and keep it power-efficient, QNX or not, they won't put it on a phone. Simply because of size limitations, the technology just isn't there to make it happen in a handheld. Even die-hard Android fans acknowledge that Flash is a pig on their phones; RIM just won't let a device like that out the door now.

03-22-11 09:34 PM
    Even die-hard Android fans acknowledge that Flash is a pig on their phones;
    That is a load of poopoo. Flash runs famously on my android device, and I'm not even toting a top-o-the-line android device.

To say it's a device hog that doesn't run efficiently is just something BB die-hards say to justify not having it. Flash runs very well on many handhelds these days. Well, on devices that haven't suffered from a lack in hardware upgrades for the past year or more anyway. But then too... as is generally stated and accepted on these forums, there's no need to upgrade hardware because there's no need for it.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 03-23-11 at 01:04 AM.
    03-23-11 12:58 AM
    Just want 2 no will any blackberry ever have a flash player its the only thing it needs for the browser

Only thing it needs for the browser, Adobe Flash Player!!
    It will be perfect, Just one more thing, the Browser speed is Very Slow compared to the iPhones and Androids, This needs to be improved!

- Adobe Flash Player
    - Faster Browser

To make it 100% Perfect!
    03-23-11 06:41 AM
    That is a load of poopoo. Flash runs famously on my android device, and I'm not even toting a top-o-the-line android device.

To say it's a device hog that doesn't run efficiently is just something BB die-hards say to justify not having it. Flash runs very well on many handhelds these days. Well, on devices that haven't suffered from a lack in hardware upgrades for the past year or more anyway. But then too... as is generally stated and accepted on these forums, there's no need to upgrade hardware because there's no need for it.
    Ok, you call it poopoo, I call it straight from one of the most vocal and devout Android fans on this site in a very recent post that I can't locate at the moment. So I'll leave his nic out of it, but I'm sure he'll weigh in if he wants to. The hit on battery life and overall performance is the main reason why Flash isn't on more portable devices now (not just phones, and not just BB's).
    03-23-11 07:12 AM
    For your info...flash should be available soon, but apple I phone and I pad. Don't have flash either...BB plaaybookk does with air too

03-23-11 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD