01-03-16 04:40 AM
62 123
tools
    I know it's a bit of a pipe dream but we never know what could be part of the deal BlackBerry struck up with Google. In return for helping to secure android and making android devices BlackBerry could be getting a updated android runtime and maybe Google services for BB10 devices. I'm hopping for at least an updated runtime.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Google has all the power and leverage at this point. That deal would have been nice 3 years ago, though.
    12-09-15 08:03 PM
    Yeah should drop tomorrow

BlackBerry Z30 (10.3.2)
    Andrew-NYC likes this.
    12-10-15 12:56 AM
    Sorry for the question... I just got my first Blackberry ever a week ago... a Passport... Why are we still buying these if there is no chance y BB World will thrive again and it will be harder to get Android apps working in our phones.
    I am very happy with my new device but I will need some Android Apps to get the information I need.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 09:25 PM
    Because you like the phone? Workarounds will work for awhile yet but if you're dependent on apps you can't get thru bbworld or other means that's a good question.
    12-15-15 09:38 PM
    Be happy with what you have and don't think too much about bb10 future

I'm happy all the way with my q10..I don't even need Google maps app as it works perfectly in my browser (maps.google.com)

Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn Web browsing experience is great

I'm not really desperate about any particular app for any reason

I require ART support only for few games where there is no dependency on play services..

So I don't have any reason to feel bad about anything else

If there is any future update for bb10, it would be good if they make Web browser more powerful so that any site works well..dont need anything more

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 10:19 PM
    They should make browser more powerful with following features

1 Push notifications for fb, Twitter, linkedin etc.
    2 Should be able to post status to above sites from hub through Web browser
    3 Better icons for browser shortcuts
    4 It should be more powerful to adapt emerging technologies in browser development
    5 Flash support to be able to play flash games

Posted via CB10
    niccomar likes this.
    12-15-15 10:29 PM
    What deal could BB possibly strike with google? What did google gain with another niche device on android? They have no leverage so google would give them nothing special.
    12-22-15 09:38 PM
    Yes... unless bb10 doesn't become android

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 06:17 PM
    5 Flash support to be able to play flash games
    Mobile Flash has been dead for four years. Get over it, already.
    12-28-15 07:04 AM
    I just got BlackBerry Privand it's completely androids and play store. No BlackBerry World app zero. I can't feel real BlackBerry at all. Feel like as if Samsung took over BlackBerry. It is missing. BlackBerry Priv is kidnapped!!!!
    01-02-16 07:37 AM
    I just got BlackBerry Privand it's completely androids and play store. No BlackBerry World app zero. I can't feel real BlackBerry at all. Feel like as if Samsung took over BlackBerry. It is missing. BlackBerry Priv is kidnapped!!!!
    Um, what were you expecting? I would hope you knew before buying it that you would no longer be using BBW.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 09:45 AM
    Um, what were you expecting? I would hope you knew before buying it that you would no longer be using BBW.

Posted via CB10
    As I said in another thread, Chen has played a really good game over the BlackBerry-ness of the Priv. I'm certain that many of those buying the Priv have an expectation that it's BB10 on-top of Android and they can pretend that it's just another BB... but with Google Play Store access.

The reality, that it's an Android phone with a few BB10-lite Apps, seems to have surprised a few posters here.
    01-03-16 04:40 AM
62 123