03-18-15 08:17 PM
147 ... 3456
tools
    LMFAO. Just because you provided Apple paid for propaganda links to made up article doesn't make it fact. The weak minded will believe everything they read.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/tonybrad...y-to-the-bank/

The title of this article screams propaganda. So apple can continue to lose market share all the way toward zero and laugh to the bank? Makes sense..lol. Hitler propagandist always said it is better to tell a big lie then a small one. This tactic is being used everyday and that article is a perfect example.

Posted via CB10
    Wow. You need to seek out some help my man.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-28-13 02:43 PM
    Apple is way late to the party. The z10 pairs beautifully with my car and even in rental cars.
    12-28-13 08:11 PM
    I think My Ford Touch powered by Microsoft is awesome. The UI and UX just flows and works flawlessly.

Running 10.2.1.2122 with Black Edition Alcohol Abuse Meeting App
    12-29-13 03:09 AM
    Apple is way late to the party. The z10 pairs beautifully with my car and even in rental cars.
    Yeah. They were late to the party with smart phones too.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-29-13 07:32 PM
    Is that why their last 2 phones broke Apple's sales records? People on this forum are so delusional. They would've been a great C-level employee at RIM.
    Well, can't really say if they broke their sales record now can we...with each new model they pick different locations and shops to release and count... doesn't make it too hard to get higher numbers each time...

not saying that they didn't break their sales record in general, just saying they (can) manipulate the initial sales numbers, so it's hard to verify, and easy marketing

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 07:58 PM
    Well, can't really say if they broke their sales record now can we...with each new model they pick different locations and shops to release and count... doesn't make it too hard to get higher numbers each time...

not saying that they didn't break their sales record in general, just saying they (can) manipulate the initial sales numbers, so it's hard to verify, and easy marketing

Posted via CB10
    Okay. Let's take the iPhone 5S as an example. They sold nine million phones in two days. Full stop.

What's to manipulate?
    techvisor likes this.
    12-29-13 08:43 PM
    Okay. Let's take the iPhone 5S as an example. They sold nine million phones in two days. Full stop.

What's to manipulate?
    No to mention supply finally caught up to demand quite recently (dec 10).
    12-29-13 08:46 PM

What's to manipulate?
    I wouldn't expect any facts in support of that argument, just a lot of "ifs" and "maybes."
    12-29-13 08:50 PM
    Even if it is late, it still has the cash to catch up and take over.

Never judge a book by its cover.
    techvisor likes this.
    12-30-13 03:08 AM
    Have you read what they are calling innovative in the link you posted? The iPod & iPhone for example are products that they are calling innovative, yet existed before Apple created them.

You mentioned Apple Lisa. While it's true that it was the first GUI on a personal computer, the GUI was stolen from the Xerox PARC.

Even Wozniak has complained about lack of innovation from Apple

Oh & as to why I compared a Q10 with a previous generation 4S (the iPhone 5 was out when the Q10 was released) is that I don't own an iPhone 5 so I can't properly personally compare the two.

Posted via CB10
    You are misunderstanding the definition of innovation. Sounds to me like you are confusing it with invention, but they are NOT the same thing.

I'm not a huge Apple fan, in fact I don't use any of their products. But when you say "Apple has never innovated", that couldn't be further from the truth, as Apple is one of the most innovative companies to have ever existed.

BlackBerry also has some nice innovations under it's belt.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    12-30-13 04:36 AM

What's to manipulate?
    Really? All stands or falls with the decision of which locations/number of shops to launch and/or count...
    They sold 9 million devices sure, but 'more than the last launch' maybe, maybe not... the previous launch was not in the same locations or even number of shops... so there is no sure way to say they sold more or less in this launch... don't have to be a math genius to see the numbers are not comparable yet they still manage to fool the media and the masses in thinking otherwise...

All I know for sure is that Apple continues to slowly loose market share to android... doesn't give me reason to believe they really broke the previous sales records of things were counted equal...

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 01:44 PM
    Well surprise, surprise, Android is getting themselves in to the game.

QNX, are you and Blackberry ready to face off?

Audi's Getting Android, Along With GM, Honda, Hyundai - Reviewed.com Cars
    01-07-14 05:12 AM
    From the looks of it Android is going to beat both based on the announcement and the number of manufacturers they had on board.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 09:34 AM
    From the looks of it Android is going to beat both based on the announcement and the number of manufacturers they had on board.

Posted via CB10
    You do know that QNX is already in cars? Today. You can go to the dealership and buy a new car with QNX in it right now. Heck, you can go buy an older car that might have QNX in it, right now.
    01-07-14 01:03 PM
    You do know that QNX is already in cars? Today. You can go to the dealership and buy a new car with QNX in it right now. Heck, you can go buy an older car that might have QNX in it, right now.
    I know. Dodge uses for sure. I can buy another PlayBook with QNX in it too and old BBOS BlackBerry had better integration with it than my QNX powered Z10. QNX powered doesn't mean much when BB10 is involved at the moment and doesn't guarantee better integration.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 03:38 PM
    I know. Dodge uses for sure.
    Posted via CB10
    QNX is in Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, Benz, GM, Acura and a bunch others. They have the majority of the market right now.
    01-07-14 10:50 PM
    QNX is in Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep, Benz, GM, Acura and a bunch others. They have the majority of the market right now.
    And what does this do or advantage does it provide for the BB10 phone user over a user of an iOS device or Google device? Because I know that Apple and Google plan that their systems will deeply integrate with their respective phones! Also we know that Apple and Google have a much better track record on delivering in a timely manor.

Posted via CB10
    anon(73368) likes this.
    01-08-14 08:48 AM
    And what does this do or advantage does it provide for the BB10 phone user over a user of an iOS device or Google device? Because I know that Apple and Google plan that their systems will deeply integrate with their respective phones! Also we know that Apple and Google have a much better track record on delivering in a timely manor.

Posted via CB10
    Apple still has to use QNX in the backend.
    Google's Android Apps can be run by QNX.

Why would a car company switch and restrict their customers?

While not being utilized at the moment, QNX to QNX is an advantage not available for iOS nor Android nor Microsoft.
    01-08-14 10:26 AM

While not being utilized at the moment, QNX to QNX is an advantage not available for iOS nor Android nor Microsoft.
    But perception is a wholly entirely new way of getting people to believe in some companies "invention of a new idea to transform people's daily commutes". *Ahem* Apple *Ahem* Google.
    01-11-14 06:44 AM

I have to believe that if QNX were as large a differentiator as many on this forum argue QNX would've cost RIM more than $200 million in stock (http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...2011rim_ar.pdf).
    01-11-14 11:32 PM
    I have to believe that if QNX were as large a differentiator as many on this forum argue QNX would've cost RIM more than $200 million in stock (http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...2011rim_ar.pdf).
    How much does Google make off of Android?
    How much does RedHat make off of their Linux distribution?

Since QNX makes at least a $10 million a year profit off of licensing its product, it is doing much better in actually selling its distribution of UNIX.
    What QNX lacked in all of its years by itself and under Harman (you know, the radio maker) was a good marketing and sales group. BlackBerry hasn't had the chance yet to really start pushing embedded QNX. Now Chen has setup an embedded division for doing this.
    01-12-14 09:03 AM
    I'm really disappointed that BlackBerry did nothing after purchasing QNX for cars. They had a head start and all we got is a ambiguous partnership with Mercedes with little return. It's all noise and no substance.

It seems they will face the same demise they had with smartphones in the car market.

QNX is the dominant OS, that might get challenged fairly quickly if BlackBerry remains apathetic.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:10 PM
    Apple is over priced and over-rated and it doesn't take a genius to see that. Since the first iPhone, nothing ground breaking has come from that company. It don't expect much more here. Sorry apple, I think you lost this battle.

Posted via BB-Z10. OS 10.2.1.
    01-12-14 11:16 PM
    I'm really disappointed that BlackBerry did nothing after purchasing QNX for cars.
    Posted via CB10
    Well, the put QNX into a tablet and a phone. They didn't do nothing. And now Chen is setting up the company to focus on embedded devices being a part of BlackBerry and just not a company off to the side.
    01-13-14 09:23 AM
    Why doesn't anyone talk about how the IPhone and androids can do everything on the system and blackberry's are limited. On the uconnect 2 radios blackberry can't even connect by USB. UT also will not read emails on either system. They don't even have an option to connect. So why would they make a product that their own products won't work on but everyone else does.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 10:21 AM
147 ... 3456