03-18-15 08:17 PM
147 12345 ...
tools
    which is it, about or over?

Since I don't have the exact number, just try to figure it out.

Excluding the newest Cadillac models, every GM car.
    Every Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep
    Every BMW
    Every Mercedes
    Every Volkswagen
    Every Porsche
    Every Hyundai
    Every Renault
    Most Honda/Ac

Let see, that leaves big companies like Toyota (except for Entune is QNX), Ford and Fiat for the others. And QNX supports Apple and Microsoft multimedia.
    12-16-13 09:10 AM

Every BMW
    Every Mercedes
    Every Volkswagen
    Every Porsche
    Every Hyundai
    Every Renault
    Most Honda/Ac

Let see, that leaves big companies like Toyota (except for Entune is QNX), Ford and Fiat for the others. And QNX supports Apple and Microsoft multimedia.
    Alright, now where are the earnings from all this success?
    12-16-13 12:02 PM
    That's what I was wondering about reading the first page before everything went haywire. The people saying QNX needs to put out a product first...isn't it already being used?

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    Yes it is. I'm not really sure where their information is coming from.

Yea last year's Bentley was amazing. I can't wait to see what they have in store for this year (3+ more weeks till we find out)

QNX does have a head start, however if they end up running the OS & apple the apps, Apple will make way more $ then they will. Money from subscriptions ect. Has way higher profit margins then stuff sold to OEMs
    This would really suck as QNX would be doing all the heavy lifting & Apple would be receiving all the praise, & money.

Posted via CB10
    Yes unfortunetly for them (QNX) that may happen. Maybe Apple will figure out a way to do something with their software that QNX hasn't been able to themselves.

Either way, increased competition in this sector is a great thing.
    12-16-13 03:06 PM
    As far as I know, BlackBerry has no plans to put bb10 into cars.

Anything qnx is doing is meant to be a separate entity for car manufacturers, having nothing to do with BlackBerry as a smartphone.

There may ne some backend stuff like voice and video chat handling, but you're not going to see "bb10" in your car, ever.

The market already belongs to Apple, even though they've yet to do anything with it.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 04:15 PM
    As far as I know, BlackBerry has no plans to put bb10 into cars.

Anything qnx is doing is meant to be a separate entity for car manufacturers, having nothing to do with BlackBerry as a smartphone.

There may ne some backend stuff like voice and video chat handling, but you're not going to see "bb10" in your car, ever.

The market already belongs to Apple, even though they've yet to do anything with it.

Posted via CB10
    Not unless Blackberry decides to go aggressive with integration with Blackberry or make Blackberry 10 an option for in-car OSes available to the manufacturers.
    12-16-13 05:31 PM

Every BMW
    Every Mercedes
    Every Volkswagen
    Every Porsche
    Every Hyundai
    Every Renault
    Most Honda/Ac

Do you know if there is obvious "QNX Powered" logos so people know it's there? Or only those that take time to check?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 05:52 PM
    Alright, now where are the earnings from all this success?
    QNX was doing $10 million in profit before it was sold.
    The key is the Machine to Machine capabilities. QNX is more than car infotainment systems.
    12-16-13 06:51 PM
    Do you know if there is obvious "QNX Powered" logos so people know it's there? Or only those that take time to check?

Posted via CB10
    No.
    Most people know it by the branding name. OnStar and uConnect.
    12-16-13 06:52 PM
    While using QNX since it is needed.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:53 PM
    Yes it is. I'm not really sure where their information is coming from.

Yes unfortunetly for them (QNX) that may happen. Maybe Apple will figure out a way to do something with their software that QNX hasn't been able to themselves.

Either way, increased competition in this sector is a great thing.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Apple isn't going against QNX they are putting a skin on QNX's micro kernel...

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:57 PM
    12-16-13 07:00 PM
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Apple isn't going against QNX they are putting a skin on QNX's micro kernel...

Posted via CB10
    Wow, you may want to re-read my post and the one I was responding to. We are talking about Apple using QNX and getting the credit for their work.

Please learn to read or turn on your reading comprehension skills before you say someone doesn't know what they are talking about, but it is really you who is clueless to the conversation at hand.
    12-16-13 07:04 PM
    Wow, you may want to re-read my post and the one I was responding to. We are talking about Apple using QNX and getting the credit for their work.

Please learn to read or turn on your reading comprehension skills before you say someone doesn't know what they are talking about, but it is really you who is clueless to the conversation at hand.
    Which doesn't make any sense because BlackBerry hasn't announced or may not even get car infotainment. Just back ends that we know of like video chats, voice calls etc in every QNX car running the right kernel. So really they weren't in the race to begin with.

If apple even makes it out with a car infotainment system most likely the blackberry will work with it since it's running on Blackberry/QNX program language

Imagine Apple Maps in a car

Although Blackberry already has something it's not infotainment since QNX is their infotainment really. But it's getting integration already. There will be a new BB10 OS out around January(10.2.1) which probably will have more in those terms. I'm not just if iPhone has integration yet, they could but not on their own infotainment system

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...0000004-2-.jpg
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm..._edit_edit.jpg
    http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...g_00000718.jpg
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...etooth-838991/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...1323-a-840986/
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by khehl; 12-16-13 at 07:37 PM.
    pgg101 likes this.
    12-16-13 07:11 PM
    Which doesn't make any sense because BlackBerry hasn't announced or may not even get car infotainment. Just back ends that we know of like video chats, voice calls etc in every QNX car running the right kernel. So really they weren't in the race to begin with.

If apple even makes it out with a car infotainment system most likely the blackberry will work with it since it's running on Blackberry/QNX program language

Posted via CB10
    Where was I talking about BlackBerry?

Again, we were talking about Apple using QNX, and since Apple is known and has more money, people might give Apple all the credit for QNXs work. Then I said "maybe Apple will be able to something with QNX software that QNX hasn't been able to do themselves", meaning Apple with their UI using QNX and building upon it (with their UI).

Do you understand now? If this doesn't make sense to you than I don't know what will.
    12-16-13 07:28 PM
    I think the biggest problem for Apple is that when they have to change, how difficult will it be people to change with them? BlackBerry went all in with the change and have had tons of challenges. How will the over simplicity of IOS be able to be changed without alienating a simple OS core user?

Posted via CB10
    People believe in apple enough right now for when they change if it's a big one people will follow because it's "cool" people are so integrate to apple now. Once you have something apple it doesn't work with anything but apple so it all drags you in. It's really effective for marketing as we've seen.

Blackberry was already starting to die in 2012 and rapidly losing subscribers. Then they decided to make a whole different shift then when people were already starting to give up. then they put out 10.0 which was truly incomplete. They should of had 10.2.1 by release but they were already to late in delivering BB10.
    12-16-13 07:50 PM

Again, we were talking about Apple using QNX, and since Apple is known and has more money, people might give Apple all the credit for QNXs work. Then I said "maybe Apple will be able to something with QNX software that QNX hasn't been able to do themselves", meaning Apple with their UI using QNX and building upon it (with their UI).

Do you understand now? If this doesn't make sense to you than I don't know what will.
    No doubt apple will get credit since QNX isn't well known.
    12-16-13 07:53 PM
    No doubt apple will get credit since QNX isn't well known.
    And that is exactly what we were talking about. I am happy we are on the same page now.
    12-16-13 07:56 PM
    And that is exactly what we were talking about. I am happy we are on the same page now.
    gotcha
    12-16-13 07:58 PM
    QNX was doing $10 million in profit before it was sold.
    The key is the Machine to Machine capabilities. QNX is more than car infotainment systems.
    My question is whether it will scale into a real revenue generator. The point being that it is apparently being used already in 60% of cars, but with no significant revenue worth getting excited about or even recognition by the industry. While even the talk of iOS getting into cars has industry hearts a flutter.
    Hopefully Mr. Chen will be able to monetize QNX and BBM. Something that his predecessors were incapable of doing.
    12-17-13 06:17 PM
    My question is whether it will scale into a real revenue generator. The point being that it is apparently being used already in 60% of cars, but with no significant revenue worth getting excited about or even recognition by the industry. While even the talk of iOS getting into cars has industry hearts a flutter.
    Hopefully Mr. Chen will be able to monetize QNX and BBM. Something that his predecessors were incapable of doing.
    QNX is recognized & respected by the industry, just not by the general public.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 06:44 PM

Gosh!

No need to be so strident.

I see that now you feel that Apple will get the credit for QNX all is well.

Fantastic. Wouldn't want you upset.

Phew!
    12-17-13 06:47 PM
    Gosh!

No need to be so strident.

I see that now you feel that Apple will get the credit for QNX all is well.

Fantastic. Wouldn't want you upset.

Phew!
    Strident? Yea, when you are accused multiple times of something you didn't say it gets annoying.

Your sarcasm is appreciated.
    12-17-13 07:47 PM
    Apple will get into in-car info systems the same way it got into your IT department - by capturing the end user. Are car companies or QNX wanting to invite Apple to into this arena? Of course not. However, if the end users are looking for car info systems to interface with their smartphones then you bet the car companies are going to listen. I used to bring an FM transmitter to get my smartphone audio into my car. Then I used an AUX cable. Now I simply use bluetooth. Pretty soon the display on the audio system will show whatever the smartphone is displaying and accept touch inputs.
    m1a1mg and crackberry_geek like this.
    12-17-13 08:01 PM
    That's my point. Apple is turning everyone's credit to its own.
    12-18-13 04:29 AM
    Strident? Yea, when you are accused multiple times of something you didn't say it gets annoying.

Your sarcasm is appreciated.
    Don't mention it. Anytime!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 10:22 AM
147 12345 ...