01-27-11 05:17 PM
62 123
tools
    Do folks really want a torch? I myself would prefer a "dakota" over a torch any day. It's clear we all want a berry with touch screen and full keyboard and I'm thinking we will see one one sprint by the end of the year. However, that may be too little too late for most folks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 03:10 PM
    Do folks really want a torch? I myself would prefer a "dakota" over a torch any day. It's clear we all want a berry with touch screen and full keyboard and I'm thinking we will see one one sprint by the end of the year. However, that may be too little too late for most folks.

The rumors about "Dakota" is, it's just basically a Bold that has a touch screen, While I'm not a huge fan of a portrit slider, I'd prefer as big a screen possible, while still having the qwerty keyboard

01-26-11 04:15 PM
    The rumors about "Dakota" is, it's just basically a Bold that has a touch screen, While I'm not a huge fan of a portrit slider, I'd prefer as big a screen possible, while still having the qwerty keyboard

I'm going to be honest, I would prefer a phone like this one: http://www.digitalhomeboy.ca/?page_id=35

But, as a Tour User, I need something to come to Sprint. I fiddled around with the Torch and I would break my "No Touch Screen Rule" for one. If it has the specs that this Torch 2.0 is sporting, I'd drop a good piece of Change for one.

As far as phones go though, I'm truly prepared for any new BlackBerry that comes out. This Tour I'm using replace my ever Trusty WE (which I don't care what anyone says, that phone can beat any phone presently on the Market, Hands Down.) and I've had no issues. It's just time to Upgrade.

01-26-11 05:48 PM

That's funny, my 9000 didn't have any of this:

5 megapixel camera with 720p HD video recording, image stabilization
    4GB of built in storage, 768MB of RAM
    2.8-inch VGA 640 x 480 capacitive screen
    WiFi b,g,n on 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies
    3G mobile hotspot
    MicroUSB port
    NFC
    Magnetometer
    Accelerometer
    Proximity sensor
    10.5mm thin
    Launches with BlackBerry OS 6.1
    01-26-11 06:20 PM
    That's funny, my 9000 didn't have any of this:

5 megapixel camera with 720p HD video recording, image stabilization
    4GB of built in storage, 768MB of RAM
    2.8-inch VGA 640 x 480 capacitive screen
    WiFi b,g,n on 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies
    3G mobile hotspot
    MicroUSB port
    NFC
    Magnetometer
    Accelerometer
    Proximity sensor
    10.5mm thin
    Launches with BlackBerry OS 6.1
    I am comparing the Dakota to an upgraded Torch(or Torch 2) and ment I'd prefer a bigger screen...even if the Bold 3 has all these specs...the screen is still going to be smaller...the same size it is now.

01-26-11 07:37 PM
    I am comparing the Dakota to an upgraded Torch(or Torch 2) and ment I'd prefer a bigger screen...even if the Bold 3 has all these specs...the screen is still going to be smaller...the same size it is now.

Oh, I see. If the keyboard was a good size (similar to the 9000), the device itself wasn't too big, and the screen was not awkwardly long, then I too would consider it. That's the reason why I'm currently undecided as to whether I currently want the Dakota or the Monaco. Either way I'll be sacrificing something for the other; screen size/res or keyboard.
    01-26-11 07:49 PM
    Of course the "dakota" screen is smaller than that of the average touch screen device on the market, including the torch. However, I, and many like me, would buy this phone and probably love it! My analysis of RIM actually manufacturing this phone and it being available for Sprint is simply my analysis. Right now RIM has to be on damage control. Many of their (RIM's) customers are jumping ship because of lack of innovation. I bet some of these people wouldn't be so quick to adopt android or iPhone if RIM would have had something like this available to them. Just my two cents.

01-26-11 11:55 PM
    Of course the "dakota" screen is smaller than that of the average touch screen device on the market, including the torch. However, I, and many like me, would buy this phone and probably love it! My analysis of RIM actually manufacturing this phone and it being available for Sprint is simply my analysis. Right now RIM has to be on damage control. Many of their (RIM's) customers are jumping ship because of lack of innovation. I bet some of these people wouldn't be so quick to adopt android or iPhone if RIM would have had something like this available to them. Just my two cents.

The problem I have with that is...RIM is already 2yrs behind current technology...and to have maybe the world's ONLY major phone maunufacturer to have a small touchscreen seems pretty backwoods and makes no sense. Again, RIM for me, doesn't have to come out with a brick size like the Evo, but JUST for the love of god give Sprint users SOME current phone choices, instead of having to always comprimise EVRY detail.
    01-27-11 06:01 AM
    I would love to see a new blackberry hit sprint. I upgraded to the evo, returned it, got the evo shift, then couldn't return it so i activated my 9630 back up. LOL. Hopefully I can sell this and then have money when/if a the new one hits.
    How much do u want to sell it for?

01-27-11 07:02 AM
    I'm going to be honest, I would prefer a phone like this one: BB TK1 Titan DigitalHomeBoy
    The thing I never liked about that design is the way it would make the device unbalanced to use, if you want a much bigger screen then form factors like full-touch or a slider just seem more comfortable to use.
    01-27-11 10:57 AM
    The thing I never liked about that design is the way it would make the device unbalanced to use, if you want a much bigger screen then form factors like full-touch or a slider just seem more comfortable to use.
    It's not the screen that appeals to me, it's the specs and the actual phone itself. That is a phone that can compete. Now, I'm a Tour user, so anything like the Titan Concept is going to appeal to me personally.

I don't want to watch movies on my phone. I have a TV for that. But, I do use the Web Browser, so a phone moves fast and has good features is the way to go.

01-27-11 05:05 PM
    It's not the screen that appeals to me, it's the specs and the actual phone itself. That is a phone that can compete. Now, I'm a Tour user, so anything like the Titan Concept is going to appeal to me personally.

I don't want to watch movies on my phone. I have a TV for that. But, I do use the Web Browser, so a phone moves fast and has good features is the way to go.

I agree to a point, I'd want an average size normal tochscreen for using the browser...again doesn't have to be a huge screen, but at least average size touch screen (with a slider qwerty keyboard similar to a Torch

01-27-11 05:17 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD